Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

I agree we just need to hold tight till Dalot is fit. We still need a new LB to rotate with Shaw next season. Hopefully TFM can rotate with Dalot next season too.
Yes we definitely need another LB because Shaw isn't going to play every single game but for now he needs to stay fit and keep working hard to really cement that place. Also if it was down to me both TFM and Tuanzebe would've stayed and been given more chances. I think with the right manager all of them have big potential.

Last edited:
Yes we definitely need another LB because Shaw isn't going to play every single game but for now he needs to stay fit and keep working hard to really cement that place. Also if it was down to me both TFM and Tuanzebe would've stayed and been given more chances. I think with the right manager all of them have big potential.
I agree - I wouldn't mind recalling them both in Jan tbh. I don't need to see Valencia or Lindelof again tbh

red4ever 79

Credit to the lad. I was very impressed with his attitude on Monday more than anything else. Looked like the only one who gave a damn and wanted to give it his all for the club. The rest should be ashamed of themselves.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Looked really big and heavy during the summer. But if he can kick on now that's impressive.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really happy he is playing well and has a good chance of holding down his spot, as the last thing I wanted was for Dalot to be turned into a LB. If Shaw has a brilliant season, that puts real pressure on Valencia, which is great news.

wc18

Yeah I think Mourinho realises which players he can challenge. This was obviously the case at the time but some "fecking idiots" didn't realise it. You were obviously one.
Yea he obviously doesn't because he has no one on the team performing to their capabilities. How about you climb out of Jose's asshole

pascell

Yea he obviously doesn't because he has no one on the team performing to their capabilities. How about you climb out of Jose's asshole
Just because we're in a bad spot of form doesn't mean he can't get the team playing to their capabilities.

We're 3 games in and swapped our CB partnership twice already, both sets making bad mistakes, something Mourinho can't help with.

We're also trying new formations and systems to get the best out of our players, this takes time and will reap the rewards soon enough.

He's also pushed Shaw on plenty of occasions and for all we know, his attitude might not have been in the right place the previous times. This time it feels different to me, he's playing with a lot more aggression and looks more focused, he's replicating what he's saying in the media, on the pitch.

togg

Shaw has my total respect. I know it's still early days, but he's battled back from a lot of negativity and adversity that would have seen many many other players give up and leave. But he's stuck to it, kept his belief and took the harder route in turning things around here. I really hope he continues and proves to be one of the best left backs around.

Terminator

His first touch and short passing game is exceptional. Has always been since his early Southampton days. All he needs is a run of games and unwavering trust from the manager.

Terminator

He's also pushed Shaw on plenty of occasions and for all we know, his attitude might not have been in the right place the previous times. This time it feels different to me, he's playing with a lot more aggression and looks more focused, he's replicating what he's saying in the media, on the pitch.
You are just imagining that. Shaw played with the same or better level of aggression and focus under both LvG and Pochettino.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He will probably be rewarded for his good performance with a bench spot vs Burnley.

UncleBob

About 7 pages ago he was a fat disgrace that should never be allowed to wear the shirt again, now he's one of the most well liked players who everybody had faith in :lol:

Good for Shaw anyway, hope he gets the chance to prove his worth over the season with plenty of matches.

Mainoldo

About 7 pages ago he was a fat disgrace that should never be allowed to wear the shirt again, now he's one of the most well liked players who everybody had faith in :lol:

Good for Shaw anyway, hope he gets the chance to prove his worth over the season with plenty of matches.
:lol: I think this goes for all of our defenders. Bailly and Lindelöf was our best partnership until Brighton now it’s everyone but them.... until the next good game where obviously they must have worked harder in training.

Chillosophy

:lol: I think this goes for all of our defenders. Bailly and Lindelöf was our best partnership until Brighton now it’s everyone but them.... until the next good game where obviously they must have worked harder in training.
Fans are so fickle, and I doubt many on here has played on any reasonable level to even know what It's like.

Smores

Called up to England according to the Guardian. Chuffed for the lad, he had to go through a lot coming back from his injury and you could tell he wasn't sure of his own body for a long while same as that Defour once said. I'm not sure whether all of Jose's methods were necessary only Shaw will know but i do think he needed limited game time and some fight instilled.

DownRiver

Guys, if Shaw could come back from the dead, so could Martial. And, he was WAY worse off than Martial.

-Supreme-

And I got ripped apart by the transfer muppets not long ago by saying we should give Shaw a final chance this season.

Clearly Jose knows what he is doing, I recall so many muppets questioning Jose about the need of signing a new CB and look what's happening now?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Called up to England according to the Guardian. Chuffed for the lad, he had to go through a lot coming back from his injury and you could tell he wasn't sure of his own body for a long while same as that Defour once said. I'm not sure whether all of Jose's methods were necessary only Shaw will know but i do think he needed limited game time and some fight instilled.
Me neither but I think everything lined up well for him this pre-season with our fullback situation and the way he spoke about the texts Mourinho sent him in the summer it must have lifted his spirits. If he has been called up for England I'm glad for him.

Martial had a similar opportunity in pre-season but with the childbirth and the saga after that he ended up having the chance wasted and has now gone backwards.

Kostov

Jose patted him on the back after the match. That was enough for the Jose cult on here to change their mind.

acnumber9

Jose patted him on the back after the match. That was enough for the Jose cult on here to change their mind.
Or maybe he just played well so people credit him for it. I think it’s time I put half this forum on ignore.

Janson

One of our best players so far. Can't believe he's turned it around. Let's hope his form continues.

haram

He has good power when he charges forward, its his crossing that lets him down a lot.

ash_86

Really please well for Shaw. Kudos to him and Jose for brining the best out of himself. Wish more players would have this attitude to learn from their mistakes.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well done Luke. Was quite critical of him during pre season, especially after seeing those holiday pictures, but the lad has really surprised me.

I'm delighted he's doing well, getting praised and making the LB spot his own.

Seven Seas Sardines

Fans are so fickle, and I doubt many on here has played on any reasonable level to even know what It's like.
You're describing Mourinho's fickle nature.

UncleBob

Or maybe he just played well so people credit him for it. I think it’s time I put half this forum on ignore.
The problem isn't being credited for playing well. The problem, which I thought I pointed out quite nicely, is the abuse thrown at a player when he isn't playing well and how quickly it changes after a few good matches. In the pre-season, he was a miserable professional thats let himself go, fat and useless, refusing to piss off from the club because he enjoys the wages too much, will never get a good contract again, how stupid is he to think that someone will sign him considering how unprofessional he is. 3 matches into the first season and suddenly him staying shows that he's got balls, that he's willing to prove himself shows his strong mentality to be a winner, and surprise surprise he still looks the same but he's no longer fat.

The amount of hyperbole makes it difficult to have a sensible debate regarding every player, because the general attitude goes from hell to heaven, or heaven to hell..Last season the general impression was that Lukaku was one of the best strikers in the league, maybe even in Europe, and that his injury towards the end of the season and how we played afterwards just proves how crucial and underrated he is. Thank god he returned early from vacation. 3 matches into the season and the general impression is that he's, well, shite and hopefully not at the club next season.

It's absurd.

Kostov

The problem isn't being credited for playing well. The problem, which I thought I pointed out quite nicely, is the abuse thrown at a player when he isn't playing well and how quickly it changes after a few good matches. In the pre-season, he was a miserable professional thats let himself go, fat and useless, refusing to piss off from the club because he enjoys the wages too much, will never get a good contract again, how stupid is he to think that someone will sign him considering how unprofessional he is. 3 matches into the first season and suddenly him staying shows that he's got balls, that he's willing to prove himself shows his strong mentality to be a winner, and surprise surprise he still looks the same but he's no longer fat.

The amount of hyperbole makes it difficult to have a sensible debate regarding every player, because the general attitude goes from hell to heaven, or heaven to hell..Last season the general impression was that Lukaku was one of the best strikers in the league, maybe even in Europe, and that his injury towards the end of the season and how we played afterwards just proves how crucial and underrated he is. Thank god he returned early from vacation. 3 matches into the season and the general impression is that he's, well, shite and hopefully not at the club next season.

It's absurd.
And how Martial should have a word with Shaw, don't forget.

He played well when Young was out suspended, and yet got demoted for no reason to the bench. People were arguing Shaw's case, because he is a young talented LB, actually the only LB we have, and the club would benefit far more if he stayed in the team rather than a 32 year old converted winger in Young, who was only a short term solution. Yet many on here found or fabricated reasons to suit their agenda.

Kag

Play Luke Shaw every week and you don't need a new left back.

We (or Mourinho) could have done this ages ago, which some people have argued for some time. Watching people crawl back up Shaw's arse as if they always loved him is a laugh, mind.

Yagami

Good post resistant

We (or Mourinho) could have done this ages ago, which some people have argued for some time. Watching people crawl back up Shaw's arse as if they always loved him is a laugh, mind.
Hey, I've never stopped loving him since seeing him at Soton :drool:

I'm just glad he's getting praised instead of being called fat. Bar one half against Navas in which he adjust to in the 2nd half, I've never seen him have a bad game. Great at Soton, understandably underwhelming in his 1st season here (though by no means bad), great in his 2nd season before that horrible injury, and has been good in every game since his return. It's just now he's getting to build on said performances. Long may it continue!

Womp

idiot
I wanted him out and was convinced his time here was done. That being said, bar one game, he's been great so far this season. While it's still early days, if he can build on this/keep it up, we may not need to be in the market for a LB after all. Great stuff

Ludens the Red

What Luke Shaw’s performances so far this season show is that the ‘Mourinho doesn’t let his full backs go forward’ narrative is bs.
Obviously all credit to Shaw for actually trying to play like a proper modern day fullback. Can’t say the same for the captain, who is another who needed replacing in this shitbag of a summer.

SSSSnake

Something looked different with him. He was dribbling so well and keeping the ball a lot better. I'm just praying he can stay fit.

AlwaysRed66

Part of me would be pleased to see him called up by Southgate, but the selfish part would rather he didn't. Just see him picking up an injury in some pointless friendly match. Putting him & club back to where we were at LB.

acnumber9

And how Martial should have a word with Shaw, don't forget.

He played well when Young was out suspended, and yet got demoted for no reason to the bench. People were arguing Shaw's case, because he is a young talented LB, actually the only LB we have, and the club would benefit far more if he stayed in the team rather than a 32 year old converted winger in Young, who was only a short term solution. Yet many on here found or fabricated reasons to suit their agenda.
He didn’t play particularly well though. Over invested people see what they want to see and are too often wrapped up in their pre conceived notions and desperately wanting to be right. What the club would benefit from is Shaw working on his game, staying in shape and playing well. Which he seems to now be doing. Which is why he is playing.

acnumber9

Can you give one example of anyone doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.