Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

He didn’t play particularly well though. Over invested people see what they want to see and are too often wrapped up in their pre conceived notions and desperately wanting to be right. What the club would benefit from is Shaw working on his game, staying in shape and playing well. Which he seems to now be doing. Which is why he is playing.
He played 4 matches in the PL and one in the FA cup (the fourth game), he had the rating of 6,5,7,6,7 by Sky Sports. I'm sure United fans voted him Man of the Match in some of the games for the twitter voting, I'm not sure how particularly well does a 22 year old need to play to be given a run of games, especially when he was out of the team for long and the other option is Ashley Young. I mean no offense to Young but he has always been a short term solution, investing a bit of patience in Shaw would have brought much more benefit to this team.

In that bold part you probably described yourself. Yeah I wanted Shaw to be given a run of games, I confess, I believed he had what it takes. What are you so invested in? Defending a stupid decision by Mourinho?

acnumber9

He played 4 matches in the PL and one in the FA cup (the fourth game), he had the rating of 6,5,7,6,7 by Sky Sports. I'm sure United fans voted him Man of the Match in some of the games for the twitter voting, I'm not sure how particularly well does a 22 year old need to play to be given a run of games, especially when he was out of the team for long and the other option is Ashley Young. I mean no offense to Young but he has always been a short term solution, investing a bit of patience in Shaw would have brought much more benefit to this team.

In that bold part you probably described yourself. Yeah I wanted Shaw to be given a run of games, I confess, I believed he had what it takes. What are you so invested in? Defending a stupid decision by Mourinho?
Sky Sports ratings? Well how could anyone argue against that? Ashley Young got an 8 against Burnley and Liverpool so obviously the right decision was made. Shaw being fit and playing well enough would benefit the team. He wasn’t.

I’m invested in Man United winning games. Which players play to make that happen doesn’t bother me in the slightest. No stupid decision was being made, he wasn’t playing well enough.

Last edited:

Kostov

Sky Sports ratings? Well how could anyone argue against that. Ashley Young got an 8 against Burnley and Liverpool so obviously the right decision was made. Shaw being fit and playing well enough would benefit the team. He wasn’t.

I’m invested in Man United winning games. Which players play to make that happen doesn’t bother me in the slightest. No stupid decision was being made, he wasn’t playing well enough.
Well not sure what do you want as a rating, maybe we can summon Sir Alex, Lippi and some other legendary coach so they can evaluate those 5 performances for you. Would that be ok? Liverpool? Yeah maybe I didn't check before since it was in March, but also got 4 against City, so he was just as inconsistent. And just to confirm how much nonsense you are spouting on here, here is what Mourinho said in that same January 2018:
"He is physically much better, mentally much stronger, tactically understanding the game much better and what we need in different phases and circumstances, I'm really happy.

"You like the transfer market, I can say that in this moment I don't see many left-backs better than this Luke Shaw."
Young continued as first choice in the important matches till the end of the season. Jose's short term planning at it's finest right there.

acnumber9

Well not sure what do you want as a rating, maybe we can summon Sir Alex, Lippi and some other legendary coach so they can evaluate those 5 performances for you. Would that be ok? Liverpool? Yeah maybe I didn't check before since it was in March, but also got 4 against City, so he was just as inconsistent. And just to confirm how much nonsense you are spouting on here, here is what Mourinho said in that same January 2018:

Young continued as first choice in the important matches till the end of the season. Jose's short term planning at it's finest right there.
I wouldn’t use ratings as evidence when those same ratings show that Young was playing better. I use my eyes and Shaw wasn’t playing well enough to keep his place over a player who had played better previously and played better afterwards. It’s not just Jose Mourinho who thought that either. Did Gareth Southgate just blindly listen to Mourinho?

I watched Luke Shaw bumming and blowing out of his arse during games because he clearly lacked the stamina to play 90 minutes or get forward. If I was hanging on Mourinho’s every word like you claimed then I wouldn’t be saying Shaw wasn’t particularly good then. The simple fact is that when Shaw has played well enough to keep his place then he has. Why has every manager who has managed Luke Shaw talked about his fitness? Was Van Gaal guilty of being short term when he dropped him for being unfit? Why has Luke Shaw himself said that he wasn’t getting forward as much as Mourinho wanted him to?

Greck

To think he was getting abuse for wanting to stay and fight for his place because a few muppets felt he was getting in the way of the club buying a shiny new toy at left back

Kostov

I wouldn’t use ratings as evidence when those same ratings show that Young was playing better. I use my eyes and Shaw wasn’t playing well enough to keep his place over a player who had played better previously and played better afterwards. It’s not just Jose Mourinho who thought that either. Did Gareth Southgate just blindly listen to Mourinho?
I used rating just to point that he played well enough for a guy who barely played that season. You said he didn't play particularly well enough, I while agree that it's was nothing special, like many other fans think he played very good. In one of the games he was voted Man of the Match by United fans, just that I couldn't find the voting so I can post it here. You can dismiss it, I don't care about that.

Than that argument about Young being better is so fickle and as short term as you can get. Young had lots of good games, he also had lots of bad games. It's Ashley fecking Young, not Marcelo, if United can not invest a bit of time and patience into a 22 year old back then LB with obvious talent over him, than why bother speaking about United values like many on here love to do? Shaw had and showed obvious talent and potential over those games, like he has done it before, if he was given that time and run of games back then, he would have made the position his own, just like he will do it now, if he gets those games. Playing Young over him was ultimate short term thinking, and if you disagree than fine, each to their own I guess.

What has Gareth Southgate got to do with anything? Southgate won't take a guy to the WC who started getting games 5 months prior to the tournament, played a total of 10 something games and never really getting the chance to play under him.

I watched Luke Shaw bumming and blowing out of his arse during games because he clearly lacked the stamina to play 90 minutes or get forward. If I was hanging on Mourinho’s every word like you claimed then I wouldn’t be saying Shaw wasn’t particularly good then. The simple fact is that when Shaw has played well enough to keep his place then he has. Why has every manager who has managed Luke Shaw talked about his fitness? Was Van Gaal guilty of being short term when he dropped him for being unfit? Why has Luke Shaw himself said that he wasn’t getting forward as much as Mourinho wanted him to?
Yeah I'm sure those "facts" about him bumming and blowing out of his arse, are well documented on here, but I've argued some of those to death, and can't bother doing it again.

You mention issues with other coaches, yeah he had them, lots of young players do. He obviously learned from them, since he played under LVG later until the injury, and he also got into the PL team of the year under Poch at 18 years of age. So yeah good examples. But young played need to be shown a bit more trust in them, no wonder Mourinho was never famous for it, however you spin it. Take a look at Rafael and Sir Alex, Rafa made a lot of mistakes, SAF played him through it, he was the best RB in the league in 2013, and crucial to our title win.

acnumber9

I used rating just to point that he played well enough for a guy who barely played that season. You said he didn't play particularly well enough, I while agree that it's was nothing special, like many other fans think he played very good. In one of the games he was voted Man of the Match by United fans, just that I couldn't find the voting so I can post it here. You can dismiss it, I don't care about that.

Than that argument about Young being better is so fickle and as short term as you can get. Young had lots of good games, he also had lots of bad games. It's Ashley fecking Young, not Marcelo, if United can not invest a bit of time and patience into a 22 year old back then LB with obvious talent over him, than why bother speaking about United values like many on here love to do? Shaw had and showed obvious talent and potential over those games, like he has done it before, if he was given that time and run of games back then, he would have made the position his own, just like he will do it now, if he gets those games. Playing Young over him was ultimate short term thinking, and if you disagree than fine, each to their own I guess.

What has Gareth Southgate got to do with anything? Southgate won't take a guy to the WC who started getting games 5 months prior to the tournament, played a total of 10 something games and never really getting the chance to play under him.

Yeah I'm sure those "facts" about him bumming and blowing out of his arse, are well documented on here, but I've argued some of those to death, and can't bother doing it again.

You mention issues with other coaches, yeah he had them, lots of young players do. He obviously learned from them, since he played under LVG later until the injury, and he also got into the PL team of the year under Poch at 18 years of age. So yeah good examples. But young played need to be shown a bit more trust in them, no wonder Mourinho was never famous for it, however you spin it. Take a look at Rafael and Sir Alex, Rafa made a lot of mistakes, SAF played him through it, he was the best RB in the league in 2013, and crucial to our title win.
I’m not going to go through it all because it’s talking to a brick wall. Southgate had no issue taking a back up player in Rose so clearly more than this hideous monster Jose Mourinho thought Young was a better left back than Shaw. Shaw will get faith when he earns it. United values aren’t giving a player games because they’re young. It involves those young players fighting for their place and playing well. Alex Ferguson also played a 37 year old Scholes and Ji Sung Park ahead of Paul Pogba. Why? Because Pogba hadn’t earned it and wasn’t ready. When Shaw earns it and can play better than Young then he will. Mourinho is in a position where he has to win games or lose his job.

You’re going on ignore so don’t expect a reply.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine he has a Stormer of a season and leaves on a free. Would sum up the club.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Recalled for England for the September games with Switzerland and Spain. Well deserved.

Kostov

I’m not going to go through it all because it’s talking to a brick wall. Southgate had no issue taking a back up player in Rose so clearly more than this hideous monster Jose Mourinho thought Young was a better left back than Shaw. Shaw will get faith when he earns it. United values aren’t giving a player games because they’re young. It involves those young players fighting for their place and playing well. Alex Ferguson also played a 37 year old Scholes and Ji Sung Park ahead of Paul Pogba. Why? Because Pogba hadn’t earned it and wasn’t ready. When Shaw earns it and can play better than Young then he will. Mourinho is in a position where he has to win games or lose his job.

You’re going on ignore so don’t expect a reply.
If a national coach not selecting a player for the WC who has never played/trained under him is of any indication and you can use it as some point to prove anything, it only shows your agenda. Shaw getting faith when he earns it must contradict with the faith showed by Mourinho in Alexis/Young/Jones.

United values are about quality and developing potential, you can't develop potential if you favor the short term solution and block more talented players, just because they are young and need to learn. Alex Ferguson playing Park and Scholes over Pogba, turned out costly for this club. If anything it proves my point. I bet geniuses like you would have loved if we sold Shaw this summer, and he was playing like he does now for some other club.

Please do me a favor and block me. I proved my point.

Seven Seas Sardines

What Luke Shaw’s performances so far this season show is that the ‘Mourinho doesn’t let his full backs go forward’ narrative is bs.
Obviously all credit to Shaw for actually trying to play like a proper modern day fullback. Can’t say the same for the captain, who is another who needed replacing in this shitbag of a summer.
In Dalot we trust.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Another cracking performance. We desperately need him to keep it up as it's providing the spark we all wanted from the fullback position, at least on one side.

el3mel

Plays like a possessed man. Great, great performance all around and doing what we all want from a LB to do. His confidence is sky rocket and hopefully he keeps fit and avoid injures and this may be finally the season he settles this position for good.

stepic

Great stuff. If he keeps this up all season will be like the new lb signing we all wanted.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Another very good performance. Hopefully he will continue and sign new contract. He was very good at both ends of the pitch

RedStarUnited

I hope when Jose wants to take credit for Shaw, he is reminded that he wanted to sell him.

gr3yham3

I hope when Jose wants to take credit for Shaw, he is reminded that he wanted to sell him.
Possibly true, but so did many of us here who were screaming for a new LB. Jose might have seen Shaw doing well during pre-season and decided not to get a new LB in.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Brilliant again. Giving us so much more in terms of attach down the left. Finally he is over the broken leg.

RedStarUnited

Possibly true, but so did many of us here who were screaming for a new LB. Jose might have seen Shaw doing well during pre-season and decided not to get a new LB in.
Duncan Castle, who is as close to Jose as anyone was sure we would sign a left back. Only reason it didnt happen is because Juve wanted too much for Sandro.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Salah was 4th choice signing for Klopp, but everyone wanks off Klopp for 'coaching' Salah.

Funnily enough, coaching attackers is actually quite simple, because most of their work is from natural talent. Coaching defenders is extremely difficult and they mature slower because of the high learning curve of defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.