Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s knackered. His flaws are being amplified as a result. What we saw earlier this season he’s not able to reproduce. I don’t agree that this is his maximum capability - as if to say he’s been playing at his absolute best in the past couple games. He’s fatigued simple as.

Compare him to young - who IS playing at his absolute best yet is still looking absolutely useless

el3mel

He’s knackered. His flaws are being amplified as a result. What we saw earlier this season he’s not able to reproduce. I don’t agree that this is his maximum capability - as if to say he’s been playing at his absolute best in the past couple games. He’s fatigued simple as.

Compare him to young - who IS playing at his absolute best yet is still looking absolutely useless
He's better than Young but that's for the sole reason of being playing in his natural position. Shaw is doing the bare minimum but that's it. He's god awful defensively and his crossing is shite. He's good at sprinting but when he doesn't have it he becomes a nothing in terms of output.

Need to upgrade on him. I didn't see anything to prove he can be the main LB after such run. He's too dependent on his sprinting speed that when it's absent, he has nothing to show for.

Young isn't a back, he wasn't even playing as right winger but a left one in the past. That's not a good comparison.

WR10

He's better than Young but that's for the sole reason of being playing in his natural position. Shaw is doing the bare minimum but that's it. He's god awful defensively and his crossing is shite. He's good at sprinting but when he doesn't have it he becomes a nothing in terms of output.

Need to upgrade on him. I didn't see anything to prove he can be the main LB after such run. He's too dependent on his sprinting speed that when it's absent, he has nothing to show for.

Young isn't a back, he wasn't even playing as right winger but a left one in the past. That's not a good comparison.
That’s a poor judgement. It’s a judgement of what he is currently showing at a stretch but you’re completely ignoring the capabilities he has shown earlier this season.

el3mel

That’s a poor judgement. It’s a judgement of what he is currently showing at a stretch but you’re completely ignoring the capabilities he has shown earlier this season.
I'm not ignoring it as I said it already.

His best qualities is sprinting forward in space. His crossing has been god awful ever since Southampton days and it shows in his number of assists in premier league, and his defensive side was always questioned.

In his good spell earlier this season and in this LVG season it was, again, his sprinting speed and pace that he uses to get into dangerous positions. That's his quality. He's poor in other areas. When his speed drops off, he becomes useless.

Habs

Awful since signing his new contract, offers nothing going forward and isnt that great defensively either

WR10

I'm not ignoring it as I said it already.

His best qualities is sprinting forward in space. His crossing has been god awful ever since Southampton days and it shows in his number of assists in Premier League, and his defensive side was always questioned.

In his good spell earlier this season and in this LVG season it was, again, his sprinting speed and pace that he uses to get into dangerous positions. That's his quality. He's poor in other areas. When his speed drops off, he becomes useless.
Yikes. I think I remember you also trying to argue that sanchez was a much better option for us over martial. Some of your fundamental football skill understanding is lacking. Try watching all the games that Shaw got MOTM for this season and let me know if all he did was sprint haha.

I try not to judge players harshly when they’re off form. Don’t forget the skills they actually do have when they’re on form

el3mel

Yikes. I think I remember you also trying to argue that Sanchez was a much better option for us over Martial. Some of your fundamental football skill understanding is lacking. Try watching all the games that Shaw got MOTM for this season and let me know if all he did was sprint haha.

I try not to judge players harshly when they’re off form. Don’t forget the skills they actually do have when they’re on form
:lol:

I get it you don't have anything to say so you resort to this. This tells us about you more than me though. :lol:

WR10

:lol:

I get it you don't have anything to say so you resort to this. This tells us about you more than me though. :lol:
Last time I took the time to discuss stuff with you it was quite a waste of time frankly. You were blatantly wrong. Not making the same mistake again!

el3mel

Last time I took the time to discuss stuff with you it was quite a waste of time frankly. You were blatantly wrong. Not making the same mistake again!
I don't even remember you to start with, so yeah it surely was a waste of time for me completely forgetting your account. :lol:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He hoodwinked us into giving him a new deal.
You just spent a page discussing Shaw with him?

Trizy

What do you people expect? He had Silva, Mahrez and Walker on his side. It's not like he can bomb forward like he does against other teams.

He was poor but only Fellaini was good.

Captain Paris

One of our least talked about players yet one of the worst again. Ever since he signed his new contract, he has been terrible plain and simple.

To me, his new contract represents how short-sighted the vision of the club is. After 4 years of mediocre performances, 5 decent performances and you get a new contract. Add to this the fact that he has no competition for his spot and you get those type of showings.

Irwin99

Still a very young player but it's concerning how many goals we seem to concede down his flank. I'd still like us to sign another left back

Mickson

Not even better than the one and a half year younger Ben Chilwell from Leicester City. Been pretty shit since signing the contract. Yeah, he did score a fluke goal and a fluke assist at the beginning of the season but I do wonder about the hype. Both Allegri and Pochettino, two top class managers, targeted his left flank. I don't have stats but high percentages of the goals we've conceded must have come from his side. He is weak in 1vs1, had problems with Aaron Lennon but obviously as well with Ronaldo who did him every time. That would be kind of okayish if he makes it up with being great going forward. But he isn't. His final ball is so, so poor. He can't cross. His instinct going forward is non-existence. He's fast and can run with the ball but it doesn't lead anywhere.

So, he isn't great at defending. He isn't great going forward. He's 24 years old next year but United fans are raving like he is some kind of superstar. As I said, Ben Chilwell is better.

Red_Ramirez

He needs at least a full season under his belt with us to make a good enough sound judgment

It's still relatively early days

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
How come he hasn’t played a minute for England since getting KO’d?
Because Ben Chilwell is just as good if not better going forward and is more reliable fitness wise. He won't be staying at Leicester for long and will be at a top 6 club IMO.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think it can be a good thing if it makes him realise that his competition for England isn't only Rose and that he can't afford to be complacent if he wants to be first choice for country as well as club. Should give him another reality check.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think it can be a good thing if it makes him realise that his competition for England isn't only Rose and that he can't afford to be complacent if he wants to be first choice for country as well as club. Should give him another reality check.
I guess it depends how he responds. My worry is that that he’s not impressed Southgate (either training with England, or playing for United) at a time when the competition for his place in the team should be pushing him on to new heights.

Marcus

Just a random thought. Shaw is pretty good for us now. But should we be celebrating or regretting the opportunity cost of retaining him instead of replacing him earlier?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just a random thought. Shaw is pretty good for us now. But should we be celebrating or regretting the opportunity cost of retaining him instead of replacing him earlier?
Except he isn't really, hes been ok, not pretty good

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He needs some competition or we are just accepting mediocrity at his current level.

I said our defence was mid table quality at best the other day and got shot down for talking nonsense. Let's take Leicester, Chilwell and Maguire are England starters, Evans is better than Lindelof and Pereira was starting over Dalot for Porto. What am I missing?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I've made a calm amendment to the title to avoid any further confusion - except for those who don't bother to read thread titles or previous posts, so 90% of the caf.

Status
Not open for further replies.