Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I've made a calm amendment to the title to avoid any further confusion - except for those who don't bother to read thread titles or previous posts, so 90% of the caf.
fecking evil cnut Mourinho picking on poor Luke.

Jericho

He needs some competition or we are just accepting mediocrity at his current level.

I said our defence was mid table quality at best the other day and got shot down for talking nonsense. Let's take Leicester, Chilwell and Maguire are England starters, Evans is better than Lindelof and Pereira was starting over Dalot for Porto. What am I missing?

You’re missing a lot actually.

Shaw has a big part of the reason why our attack down the left has improved. Defensively he’s been good. Other than letting the runner pass him by to score again city, I’ve not seen him get dribbled past, and he blocks almost every attempt at a cross from that side.

Chilwell, you think he’s going to be an England starter long term, or he’s just a flavor of the month? You already know the answer.

Evans looks better where expectations are lower.

Dalot is a prospect.

Reactions: Jippy

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Performances have really dipped since his contract if we're honest.
Yeh, was afraid that would happen. Not surprising after these years, he won't get to the level I hoped for when he first signed. I don't think.

Mickson

He's not very good. Good cross? It was a random long ball that everyone could've made, even a pub team player. What strikes me is that his crossing is so, so bad. When it doesn't hit the first man, it's too long and flies like a balloon. He's clueless in the final third and there's no shock that Southgate prefers the Leicester player.

youngrell

Strange comments here, I thought he had a good game. He was very good at winning the second ball high up the pitch and keeping us on top of them and provided the cross for the goal.

Sure he has things to work on but he didn't do a lot wrong.

haram

His crossing is not good. It would be ok if we had someone else on the wings that could cross but we dont...

Southampton 2:2 Man Utd

el3mel

He has been painfully average for a long time now. Fair to say that's his own level and what happened at start of season was yet another purple patch from one of our players. We're used to these purple patches by now.

CM

He has been painfully average for a long time now. Fair to say that's his own level and what happened at start of season was yet another purple patch from one of our players. We're used to these purple patches by now.
Or another player underperforming in a clearly broken system with an imbecile manager.

el3mel

Or another player underperforming in a clearly broken system with an imbecile manager.
Doesn't make sense considering his form earlier in the season and we were shite too.

He's simply average with some purple patches. He has been average for most of his time here. His great games are counted on both hands.

He can't be our main starting LB regardless of how anyone wish him to be. Need a top LB in summer, keep Shaw as his sub and feck off Young and Valencia.

Kostov

Garbage today. Wish someone could slap him and wake him up. And Luke please keep your mouth shut until you've done anything of note.

Frank Grimes

Never got the hype with Shaw. Chilwell at Leicester is twice the player and Robertson is in a different stratosphere. Always takes the easy option and passes inside, if he was solid as a rock at the back you might excuse his ineptness going forward but he isn't even that. Would replace without a seconds though.

SirAF

Ageist
Never got the hype with Shaw. Chilwell at Leicester is twice the player and Robertson is in a different stratosphere. Always takes the easy option and passes inside, if he was solid as a rock at the back you might excuse his ineptness going forward but he isn't even that. Would replace without a seconds though.
My memory might betray me, but I though he was more solid at the back before his big injury.

James Peril

He’s a good player, but always injured. I’d rather have a slightly lesser player that’s never injured. I think we’ve all bigged him up too much, like he’s some kind of elite left back when fit. Truth is, he isn’t and we could probably find much better in the market.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Even when he was good at the start of the season he wasn't contributing what other top fullbacks do. If we get a new manager I'll reserve judgement but I'm going back to thinking it might not work out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is just average full back. Solid in defence, offers very little in attack. Old school full back. In todays football that is not enough. Look at Sandro, Alba, Mendy, even fecking Robertson ffs... they are all crrative in attack. Shaw is not.

Ekeke

Didnt look fit to me today, wouldnt be surprised if he had a knock but had to play because of the CB injuries.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not our worst player today, but far from a good performance for him. They were sticking some hard challenges on him all game for some reason, they got the ball mostky but used a great deal of force which the ref deemed all as fair, but he just bounced up and got on with it, to his credit.

Thought he did OK, but as a wing back in a back 3 places a lot more responsibility on him, so he looked a bit apprehensive to get forwards. Looks more comfortable in a back 4, but he's definitely better than we saw today. Then again, everyone bar De Gea is pretty shit right now, so it's hard to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.