Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I expect Dalot will take his place as back up to Young in no time, and i've never even seen him play.

The White Pele

What had happened to this guy? It’s like he has followed the Rooney deterioration arc but in fast forward.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How has he managed to become fatter since he arrived at the start of preseason?

Zoo

That extra zip gave him a bit of x-factor. Now that he’s lost it and doesn’t look like getting it back anytime soon the best you can say about him is that he’s mediocre.

kundalini

A new left-back should have been our top priority for this transfer window. Nothing I've seen from Luke Shaw this pre-season suggests he merits another opportunity at United.

At best he is a reasonable defensive left-back, who still makes a few errors, is capable of surging forwards with the ball, but looks lost in the final third. For some reason, his surges forwards have been fewer and fewer, to the point where Darmian has offered far more in attack this pre-season than Shaw.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It seems silly on a LB but with the money floating around, what if we offered 60-70m for Alaba, wouldn't Bayern probably agree to that fee?

yamo123x

Loved his war cry speech last week i liked his attitude but he was so poor again tonight

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Should've gone for Barreca this summer instead of waiting for Sandro. Sadly he's gone to Monaco.

ash_86

He cannot cross to save his life. Please get rid , even for free he wouldn't be worth it.

DownRiver

Just going to put it out there that I will give him 5 games this season to show any kind of potential. If he doesn't then I will give up on him. If he does well in another club then good for him.

He has been poor and I never thought I would agree with Mourinho, but I do. Young looks a better option. I just hope maybe Dalot can show his quality and maybe slot in for left back.

I think Mourinho won't stay next season for Shaw to leave, so I think he will stay for next season for the new manager to give him a chance.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Just going to put it out there that I will give him 5 games this season to show any kind of potential. If he doesn't then I will give up on him. If he does well in another club then good for him.

He has been poor and I never thought I would agree with Mourinho, but I do. Young looks a better option. I just hope maybe Dalot can show his quality and maybe slot in for left back.

I think Mourinho won't stay next season for Shaw to leave, so I think he will stay for next season for the new manager to give him a chance.
Shaw is out of contract next summer. He will have to do a lot better to earn a new one.

Paul_Pogba

How has he managed to become fatter since he arrived at the start of preseason?
He's a typical "skinny fat" guy. He doesn't have a lot of muscle mass (Instagram filters and good lighting doesn't count ;) ) and high body fat hence why he gains and loses weight very quick. I also have no doubt he crash dieted just before pre-season.

Listar

From what I saw from him this pre-season, he has looked ..... how do I put it.... not good?

Listar

They go hand in hand. It's hard to play nice football when you're not fit enough. He's still a nice footballer. He's neat and tidy, passes the ball well. He just doesn't have the burst of pace to open up good crossing angles anymore. Watching him amble up and down the line is frustrating these days. He shouldn't be like that at 23.
Seems like Shaw went out of his way to prove you wrong. His passing was atrocious against Munich.

I seriously doubt he can suddenly be leaps and bounds better come the game against Leicester.

Kidders

Forget the result, forget the other players, Luke Shaw has the perfect opportunity to nail down the LB spot, he came back early for pre-season, he's had all summer to get in shape and yet last night looked like his first run out of the season, sorry but if that's the best you have then it's time to go.

Roboc7

What’s more important than all the talk about his weight is that he is actually a very ordinary player. Would be shocked if he stepped up and made the lb position his own this season, doesn’t look even close to the required level and hasn’t done for some time now.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Wouldn't start for easily over half of the premier league teams..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fuming he turned down Everton this summer, and the longer we play him the harder it will be to shop him to a PL club as he’s awful.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Never thought I'd catch myself saying this but I can't wait to have Young back in the team.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Thought he was going to turn a corner, turns out all this talk in pre-season was PR fluff.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he was going to turn a corner, turns out all this talk in pre-season was PR fluff.
To be fair I don't think it's lack of effort, he's just a bit rubbish nowadays.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
To be fair I don't think it's lack of effort, he's just a bit rubbish nowadays.
I've been saying that for the past year, but always wanted him to succeed. He just looks a bit clueless going forward, and is solid enough in defence.

Mourinho barks a lot of orders to Shaw when they are on the same side, often telling him to get forward because he seems to get lost trying to attack.

keener

I too am at a loss as to what happened to Luke's development. Maybe the injury has stolen his speed and aggression but the mental game lacks for him as well. I'm so disappointed for him and I've been so wrong about him. I thought he could have all the tools after seeing him at Southampton and initially for us.

Mainoldo

He has a right to stay here, he's under contract. To be honest it's quite admirable he wants to stay here and isn't giving up.
He needs to give up though and get a career back. He’s not ready for the top right now. Many players have contracts however when the club accepts a bid, it’s kind of a sign.

SuperiorXI

He needs to give up though and get a career back. He’s not ready for the top right now. Many players have contracts however when the club accepts a bid, it’s kind of a sign.
It's up to the player really, he has a chance to weigh up the pros and cons and has chosen to stay here. Completely his decision.

Chairman Steve

He’s gonna do a Bogarde and leech off of this last year then worry about where he’ll be next summer. I can’t imagine his attitude and general mentality would have got too many similar stature clubs for him to ply his trade at. West Ham will be probably the best he’ll get because they’re a sucker club who likes to overpay and believe hype.

ktann54

Prior to his leg break he was looking like a quality LB, full of pace, getting forward and good in the challenge. I think he can certainly get back to that form but needs an arm around him and a decent run of games under his belt. I'm not sure if Mourinho is the person to give him that but if he does eventually leave then he would probably flourish at another club.

El Jefe

Never thought I'd catch myself saying this but I can't wait to have Young back in the team.
Same here and I'm someone who has despised Young's presence in the team ever since him joined us.

Its concerning that this version of Shaw is the worst version I've seen of him. He offers almost nothing right now.

Moiraine

Probably his last chance to have a claim that he belongs to the club ?

My hopes are dying as i really wanted him to succeed at United.

scoi

He's saying all the right things and seems determined to prove that he is capable of nailing down that spot. He has until Christmas to play well enough to secure an extension but he hasn't done much to show a marked improvement.

I always live in hope that it'll click as full backs have become more important in the last few years and pre-injury he looked like he was on the right path to play that role for years to come. Unfortunately it's looking likely he'll do a Memphis.

BlahRules

I remember at one point he showed more on his attacking instinct and lack of desire in defense, and now he can't even cross or anything to save his life, and his defensive capability is still lacking even though that has become his stronger skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.