Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That vardy thing was a definite foul. Not sure how it wasn't given.

Jcrossley94

For the first time he really Took responsibility for his position today... seemed to strike the perfect balance between when to push and when to stay back. Unreal performance

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Glad he was going forward as Sanchez had problems today.

Congrats on that goal. Finishing made it look very Van Persie.

acnumber9

He hit the ball on to Amartey's hand to win the penalty, scored the winner and put in a good performance defensively and offensively. Was a bit sloppy at times but fecking hell, the only thing that's terrible around here is your judgement.
Well he didn’t do that. Sanchez hit a shot that deflected of a defender on to the defenders arm but that minor detail aside I’m not sure that’s a real case for having a good game.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
He was terrible. A goal doesn’t change that. The goal elevated him just above Darmian.
I have no idea what game you watched, he was excellent all night. For the most part he was defensively solid and always offered support on attacks.
If he can play like that for the full season, we don't need a left back

Devil may care

Started off decently, was sloppy and sluggish in the second half though but then got himself a goal, which is a nice moment for him and ended up being the winner.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Played well but can give more and hopefully with more game time will improve even further.

Still looks heavy and could do with losing a bit.

freeurmind

weak willed
Decent performance, something for him to build on. Still looks a world away from the player we saw before he broke his leg. Hopefully he can find his form this season. Definitely worth giving quite a few performances.

Dion

I've been (fairly imo) very scathing of his performances for a long time. Today was the level he needs to perform at every week (minus the goal, obviously), pleasing performance for the first game of the season.

marktan

He was good, I like that he can dribble well to the byline.

The sad thing is though Mourinho will drop him the minute Young becomes available again. We saw it last season - Shaw got a run of games in Dec/Jan and was pretty good but got benched the minute Young came back from his suspension.

Shaw's not the greatest in the world but he's better at attacking than Young, and if him and Dalot can come good we'd have a young pair of full backs to look forward too.

acnumber9

I have no idea what game you watched, he was excellent all night. For the most part he was defensively solid and always offered support on attacks.
If he can play like that for the full season, we don't need a left back
Excellent? Really? I wish I’d watched the game you did.

Neo_Mufc

I hope Shaw can start of well. He is literally at last chance saloon.

Please keep a clean sheet and put in a good performance. Dare I say maybe get an assist too?
Dare I say goal!!! Get in you sexy bastard.

MonkeysMagic

Rare to hear from Luke but he’s coming across quite well in post match interview. I really hope this is the start of a solid run in team, he was so unfortunate to get that injury when he started the season on fire.

Keep it up lad!

NinjaFletch

Probably his best performance in about four years that. Not saying a huge amount, but encouraging for him to build on.

Smores

Good post match interview imo.
Yeah very interesting segment. Interesting that he said Jose actually wanted him to do better in attacking last season, shows how much bollocks fans speak

tjb

He was terrible. A goal doesn’t change that. The goal elevated him just above Darmian.
Stop with that. Darmian is a real problem we have. That right hand side was getting exposed throughout. That and the combination of our front three were the only dissappointments we had today.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shaw: "Worked on it (running in the box) in training. Knew quality Juan has got so I went forward, went in box. For me it is my first goal, no matter how I score it, I'm now up and running.

"Disappointed with my performances in pre-season and tonight. I know I can do better and will show that.

"I'm working really hard and with a great manager and teammates around me I think I've got the foundations to do that (play regularly). I want to be with England in the World Cups and Euros and fighting for a place."

That was some of the stuff he said but I missed the rest as stream collapsed.

Stats:
1 goal
99 touches (most on pitch)
85% accuracy
8 recoveries
10.3km

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He seemed like quite a nervous/fragile character in the interview. Hope the goal give him some confidence and he can kick on

Castia

:drool:

Come on Luke keep it up. He’s been here a few years but it would be like a new signing if he finds some form/fitness

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Very nice post match interview with Neville and Giggs there, hope he can nail down that position.

Also can we stop being juvenile and stop calling him fatty?

SapperBRed75

Shaw: "Worked on it (running in the box) in training. Knew quality Juan has got so I went forward, went in box. For me it is my first goal, no matter how I score it, I'm now up and running.

"Disappointed with my performances in pre-season and tonight. I know I can do better and will show that.

"I'm working really hard and with a great manager and teammates around me I think I've got the foundations to do that (play regularly). I want to be with England in the World Cups and Euros and fighting for a place."

That was some of the stuff he said but I missed the rest as stream collapsed.

Stats:
1 goal
99 touches (most on pitch)
75% accuracy
8 recoveries
10km
85% accuracy, 10.3km I think. Did well tonight.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Has had terrible time with injuries, so happy that he got forward so well and at last got his first PL goal. Good night for him.

saivet

He seemed like quite a nervous/fragile character in the interview. Hope the goal give him some confidence and he can kick on
Didn't see the interview but I think he'll always be like that. Never looked that comfortable in front of the camera.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Reminded me of the Luke Shaw of early days, bombing forward at every turn. Long may it continue and have a feeling he'll get better with confidence.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I’ve stated the lad, including in preseason, but I’m happy to say I’m made up for him tonight. He played well, made lots of overlaps Alexis ignored and deserved the goal. Hope he carries on the improvement.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Mourinho: "Very pleased for Shaw. Made one mistake in 90 minutes and the sort of mistake where the linesman could have helped and called a foul. One of the guys who had a complete pre-season."

Listar

Seems like Shaw went out of his way to prove you wrong. His passing was atrocious against Munich.

I seriously doubt he can suddenly be leaps and bounds better come the game against Leicester.
Ok who doubted Luke? Own up now and eat your humble pie. :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.