Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inter Yer Nan

I too am at a loss as to what happened to Luke's development. Maybe the injury has stolen his speed and aggression but the mental game lacks for him as well. I'm so disappointed for him and I've been so wrong about him. I thought he could have all the tools after seeing him at Southampton and initially for us.
Likewise for me too. I think the injury took a lot physically and mentally and that affected his development years. I don't think he's got it in him to be mentally strong for long either. He can talk a good game but then resort back to form. A couple of Southampton fans on here mentioned about his mental fragility at Southampton and we've seen that at United. He hasn't stepped up to the challenge and I think it's just too far in for him to turn it around.

I hope I'm wrong because he's a great age, seems a decent lad and it would be great for the team but I have little to no faith in him unfortunately.

Inter Yer Nan

He's saying all the right things and seems determined to prove that he is capable of nailing down that spot. He has until Christmas to play well enough to secure an extension but he hasn't done much to show a marked improvement.

I always live in hope that it'll click as full backs have become more important in the last few years and pre-injury he looked like he was on the right path to play that role for years to come. Unfortunately it's looking likely he'll do a Memphis.
He's good at this but he's like that fat person who says "I'm signing up for the gym, going on a diet gonna lose x amount of weight" and then they do that for a week then their diet gets worse and their exercise routine gets worse. I just get the sense he's fragile mentally, isn't arsed but likes the idea of being a Manchester United player but once it gets tough he's not up for it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
For anyone else religiously watching the Kardashian's, he's like Rob. All talk, no grit and determination.

Neo_Mufc

I hope Shaw can start of well. He is literally at last chance saloon.

Please keep a clean sheet and put in a good performance. Dare I say maybe get an assist too?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Judging by how progressively hard he was trying in the pre-season games, I anticipate we will see a proper performance from him tonight. He really really wants to be better.

Ole90+3

Let's not kid ourselves here. The only reason he's starting such an important PL match is because the squad is so depleted. I fully expect Young to retain his position once he's back to anything close to match fit. I just think Shaw is a player Mourinho will never be able to trust on the pitch.

Pace Abuser

He's gash. Looks totally spent. Rooney'd in his early 20s. I don't expect anything from him tonight.

Ashley R1+O

Absolutely gutted for everyone relentlessly giving him shit. Absolutely banging goal and an important winner, good boost of confidence for the start of the season. Hope he elevates and kicks on.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Judging by how progressively hard he was trying in the pre-season games, I anticipate we will see a proper performance from him tonight. He really really wants to be better.
So, can I get that in my tagline too?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Was about to slate him for nearly conceding the potential equalizer, but then he goes on and scores his first senior goal. Well played.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If Mourinho now demotes him back to the bench without any reason then I don't know.

Give him 5-10 games, if he doesn't convince then that should be it and he should be moved on, but for fecks sake - give him the chance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Glad he finally scored. Was unlucky few times, finally scored his first goal. Overall he had good game.

acnumber9

He was terrible. A goal doesn’t change that. The goal elevated him just above Darmian.

He was a bit suspect at times - but I'm really pleased for him. That goal was long time coming ❤

FromTheBench

He was good overall even before the goal.

If allowed to make more of those runs provides a different dimension to our attack.

acnumber9

Shaw was good though.
It’s a game of opinions. I thought he was terrible. Gets forward less than Darmian and just as poor on the ball. Sloppy at times defensively. I don’t see how anyone can give him man of the match with a straight face. Probably wasn’t even the best left back on the pitch.

Ed9

Was great, going up and down all the game, good in defence and dangerous going forward. My MOTM.

Ups and downs but he was running constantly and the goal topped it off. Still a way to go but he was good tonight.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s a game of opinions. I thought he was terrible. Gets forward less than Darmian and just as poor on the ball. Sloppy at times defensively. I don’t see how anyone can give him man of the match with a straight face. Probably wasn’t even the best left back on the pitch.
How many LBs were on the pitch?

luke511

He was terrible. A goal doesn’t change that. The goal elevated him just above Darmian.
He hit the ball on to Amartey's hand to win the penalty, scored the winner and put in a good performance defensively and offensively. Was a bit sloppy at times but fecking hell, the only thing that's terrible around here is your judgement.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Liked his celebration, I don't think that this situation with Vardy was his fault, stupid prick rammed into his back nowhere near the ball but of course those don't get called in our favour. Well taken goal.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Only had one major episode where he had a lapse in concentration, did very well overall getting up and down the pitch, and I'm super happy for him getting a whole game & finally getting a goal. :D

NoLogo

Looked promising at times but still a lot wrong with his game imo. Still haven't given up hope for him to come good and today showed some promising stuff at times.

Make this your break through season with us Shaw, common.

Status
Not open for further replies.