Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Big Rom is his biggest fan...

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku:"We want to dominate, we want to score goals and we want to keep clean sheets. We had the game under control.

"Luke Shaw is our player of the season for me and I'm glad he gave me the pass for the first goal. When players come back from injury they can add to the team, it's a really strong squad."

Alemar

Best defender today, got a vital assist, responding to "he's shite in attack" critique. Well done Luke

Jib

Great first half, average second half..still a good game.

Canagel

the run in the first goal is why we slated him before. he can and should do it every game. very good in the end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s been in amazing form recently. Back to his best both offensively and defensively.

That run forward for Lukakus goal was fantastic, he’s really hard to stop once he gets going.

Brightonian

Rom's a very bright guy, I think he's doing a bit of team spirit work with this recent vocal praise of Shaw. Or they're just getting close with all that time they spend in Burger King together ;).

It is a shame that Shaw has to be so blatantly invited forward by the opposition before he'll try one of those runs. His combination of good control, strength and pace means they almost always bear fruit. He needs to shake off Mourinho's mindfeckery and be a bit gung-ho.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
MOTM for me. I loved his assist. He needs to just keep going forward and eventually he'll get more and more assists as he gets more experience in those advanced positions. He looked like the player I wanted him to become today. Keep it up Luke! Amazing attitude in the game!

Nick7

Great game today again. Anyone putting the blame for the goal conceded on him, needs to go into captain Young's thread.
Would be pretty hilarious if they did. Young mistake caught the whole defence off guard and our midfielder (don't know which one) didn't track their runners.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He has improved his attacking play in the last few games imo.
He was v.good going forward early in the season (which tends to be forgotten) but then started getting different instructions, esp under Ole, which was a masterstroke as we've looked remotely solid defensively thanks to that. Esp with a bomber on the other side and ultra-offensive players in front of him. Now he's strong both defensively and attacking-wise. This level of full-back performances is good enough for an ambitious United alright.

Andersons Dietician

Bit unlucky on the goal, I mean it should never have gotten to that point but he’s left out to hang by Alexis. Busy covering Bash what’s his face then ball gets across and Ward is in behind him because Alexis has just let him walk.

Great run, played well but got to say the boy is a unit. The sound that is made when he goes in to a 50/50 jeeeeesus, I’d be scared if I was a forward. Takes no prisoners, all you hear is a massive Thwackkk!!

Rossa

His stamina looks to have gone through the roof. He is up and down that pitch like a man possessed. Showed great speed when easily dealing with Townsend a few times.

PlayerOne

Excellent tonight, great to see him carry the ball and make forward runs, he does it well. I wish he would do it more in other games, he's hard to stop when he runs like that.

Steven7290

Apart for losing his man for the goal he displayed some great pieces of skill with the ball today that surprised me a bit. Also didnt commit any unnecessary pulling when he lost the ball but instead chased it down. He may yet improve even more

Georgan

He didn't lose his man, his man was Townsend, not the full back. Someone else lost his man, whoever was playing on the left.

Luke will repay the faith we have shown in him and he'll hopefully reach the heights he was supposed to reach earlier in his career, I believe he can be one of the best left backs in the world if he keeps working hard with his head down. I also believe he needs competition for the spot in the starting XI.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He is playing so well but needs to get the yellow cards away from his game . I wonder if Ole will gamble and rest him Vs Southampton because a yellow card would mean he would miss Arsenal and Watford game

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was very good and it was pleasing to see him dribble at the Palace defence to create the chance for Lukaku. We need to see him contribute on a more regular basis in attack. The Liverpool fullbacks shared 4 assists tonight, and Shaw i'm hoping will have a similar impact before long.

meamth

His stamina looks to have gone through the roof. He is up and down that pitch like a man possessed. Showed great speed when easily dealing with Townsend a few times.
I pointed that out waayyy before this match. His fitness level is right up there as a top top professional.

Some even pointed out how lazy and gassed he is recently.

Makalu

I just checked his age and he's only 23. Not a kid by any means but he's not even in his prime yet, and we're looking at 6 - 7 of his best years ahead. It feels like he's been really focused on his defensive work this season so hopefully we can see a bit more of his attacking side in the future. He's won his place in our future for sure.

DRM

Fantastic game. And some wanted him sold after the PSG game :rolleyes:

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Very good game at both ends of the pitch. His dribble for first goal was good and probably took the best corner this season. It was very good and Lukaku should have scored it.

Looks like he is high on confidence, think he can go up a level with more experience and better decisions in final third.

haram

I think he has always been good running with the ball at his feet.

Mr Smith

Has he played every minute since Ole took over?

My player of the year and he's pushing Robertson for best LB in the PL imo. Top class FB he's turning into.
Nah, Dalot played at least one game at LB, not sure if he was injured or rested.

Raw

Has he played every minute since Ole took over?

My player of the year and he's pushing Robertson for best LB in the PL imo. Top class FB he's turning into.
Didn't play v Brighton at home (Dalot at LB) and Reading in the FA Cup (Young at LB, Dalot at RB). Otherwise he's played 90 mins in every game, really encouraging considering all the injury problems he had.

POF

He's playing really well at the moment. Defensively he's getting better every game and he's starting to look a threat going forward.

He has upped his work rate too getting up and down the line and his fitness seems to be holding up well. He's finally starting to fulfill his potential.

VJ1762

Can we talk about his first touch please? It's so mint. He kills the ball every single time. I think him,Pogba and the special Juan have the best first touch in the squad.
And I still don't know how this chubby fecker can run so fast and keep up with most pacy forwards in the league.

Adam-Utd

Can we talk about his first touch please? It's so mint. He kills the ball every single time. I think him,Pogba and the special Juan have the best first touch in the squad.
And I still don't know how this chubby fecker can run so fast and keep up with most pacy forwards in the league.
Because he... isn’t... chubby.

Mcking

He plays like a combination of a midfielder and a fullback. His touch and passing even in tight spaces is unbelieveable for a fullback. He is quick, very good at shielding the ball, wins most duels, almost impossible to dispossess and is quite dominant in most aspects of the game. He is magnificent.

Status
Not open for further replies.