Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

He shouldn't play for a long time after his ABJECT performance today.

Plays football at a snail's pace out there.

He's slow, heavy and generally useless.

Ace of Spades

Even when we had most of the possession in the second half, he just refused to overlap and stay high as an option.

Just play anyone other than this waste.

DoomSlayer

Embarrassing performance, I would fine Shaw a month's worth of wages for this shower of shite he served today. Should be left out of the squad and let Young and Williams play as LBs, while AWB and Dalot cover the RB spot.

Eplel

He has to be the lowest energy player in the league. Even behind Ozil.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should be first out the door IMO.

His lack of effort is just pathetic. Mourinho only just about managed to get half a performance out of him by practically forcing him, but clearly with mr nice guy ole he's taking the piss.

I haven't seen a lazier full back in my life.

Irwin99

Stop trying to pull opponent's shirts back every single game!!! Really infuriates me and he was lucky Pepe got away from the grab of the shirt otherwise it would have been yet another booking for that offence (picking up from the dozen or so he got last year). Why isn't our coaching helping him with this sort of stuff?

RedIan

Very poor tonight looked unfit and almost disinterested. I hope he get back to his best if not step forward Brandon..

Thiagoal

Surely the coaches must see how out of shape he is in training? How the hell does he get picked? Looked like he was pulling a fecking lorry around with him tonight...Jesus Christ

El Jefe

Awful, he's just so timid and laboured. He should be sold, he's been allowed more than enough time to prove himself here.

IrishMcD

I don't know what's worse, the fact that he has gotten himself into such terrible shape or the fact that the management don't see it, or they do and play him anyway. He's a disgrace, how can he call himself a professional athlete.

Triple.Threat

I bet his partner would beat him in fitness and mobility levels, and she just had a child not that long ago.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
At least Pirlo compensated with class and beautiful vision.
Yeah, that's the absurd thing — he clearly sees himself as this classy ball-playing maestro that can afford to move like that.

KennyBurner

Ander Herrera made comments about the culture at our club and how football priorities are not high. I’m beginning to believe these statements especially when Luke Shaw is still overweight.
Lukaku left for inter and was criticized and pressured to lose weight. That was never the case here.

Luke Shaw needs to slim down somehow. Maybe he can ask those instagram influencers about flat tummy tea. His weight gain has affected his development these past 2 years.

Axkiko

Get rid of him. Enough is enough. Hate to say it but Jose was right. Not kind of player has the mentality to play for a huge club.

peridigm

I don't know what's worse, the fact that he has gotten himself into such terrible shape or the fact that the management don't see it, or they do and play him anyway. He's a disgrace, how can he call himself a professional athlete.
What’s worse is he signed a new 5 year contract in 2018.

IrishMcD

What’s worse is he signed a new 5 year contract in 2018.
Im going to google search the life expectancy of a morbidly obese man and see if its likely he'll see out the full term of his contract. Odds are he'll put himself into a Easter Egg enduced coma come Easter time this year

Hawks2008

He's just never going to be good enough, if we didn't need a whole new midfield LB would be a priority signing but for now Williams should take his place in the side.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t good first half but come on, Arsenal tactically worked a system that meant it was an overload on that side and in the second half when Ole countered it he came more in to the game and started to help move us forward.

How people can blame him for the first goal. Laughable. follows the line in expecting the ball across, he’s covering the back post and it takes a deflection of Lindelof to land smack bang into a central Pepe. No one was good today and neither was Luke really but I guess this is one of those games people can get the pitch forks out and go to town.

ShinjiNinja26

Becoming a real liability now, his one redeeming factor was he was pretty solid defensively which made up for his lack of attacking quality but now that seems to have left him. Time to give young Williams a run in the team.

TopBinz

Looked noticeably lazy on the pitch, no urgency in his movements. Should not be playing again if he wants to stroll around.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Iconic traits that define Luke Shaw:
  1. Sterile. He lacks any impetus in anything he does.
  2. Disinterested. He looks satisfied with half-assing everything and calling it a day.
  3. Overweight. The guy looks like he’s towing a trailer everywhere he goes.
  4. Unprofessional. He’s stopped actively improving. His ball control, technique, movement, final ball and fitness levels have all plateaued many years ago.
These are traits that he has shown every. Single. game. that he has played this season.

How on earth is an employee allowed to continue working with being consistently garbage?

What’s worse is you have people on here some weeks saying that he’s fine and we shouldn’t be worried about replacing him. How the feck do you drop your standards at United like this?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Should never have signed him. Just had that decent season at Southampton and we pounced too quick.

jem

Get rid of him. Enough is enough. Hate to say it but Jose was right. Not kind of player has the mentality to play for a huge club.
As much as Jose was being an idiot by the end of his reign, it looks like he a point with Shaw, and possibly with Pogba (although we really shouldn't go down that route here.) Shaw just isn't good enough and offers next to nothing in attack.

ShinjiNinja26

Should never have signed him. Just had that decent season at Southampton and we pounced too quick.
I don’t think we shouldn’t have signed him he was one of the most promising young fullbacks around at the time. He looked great for us when he first came and settled into the team until he broke his leg that was the turning point I think, his development stalled being out that long and has never really been the same since. I remember pre leg break he was a lot more adventurous going forward now it seems non existent from his game.

RedDevil@84

No one is gonna buy him. We are stuck with him. Besides Ole and Woodward don't dare to do that with an English talent

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t think we shouldn’t have signed him he was one of the most promising young fullbacks around at the time. He looked great for us when he first came and settled into the team until he broke his leg that was the turning point I think, his development stalled being out that long and has never really been the same since. I remember pre leg break he was a lot more adventurous going forward now it seems non existent from his game.
No he didn't man. That half a season of Luke Shaw performances was absolutely nothing and overrated - I never saw him at Southampton and tried to see what the hype was about and was absolutely overrated.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He has to be the lowest energy player in the league. Even behind Ozil.
He was defending very well last season and played well in general. But a fullback cannot be low intensity really. Maybe a wingback like Alonso can be a tad languid and get a away with it. But fullbacks tend to have to be the most intense players on the pitch and if Shaw can't do that week in week out we should consider replacing him.

kundalini

Good player but far too complacent. Hard to believe he was rested against Burnley.

After last season I was hoping he could sustain that form, or ideally, go up another level. Instead it looks like he's back in his comfort zone. Ashley Young is too old to be a serious rival, while Brandon WIlliams is too inexperienced and looks vulnerable defensively.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Horrible. Worst player on the pitch by a mile. I don't care if he is unfit, his style of play is terrible for a fullback. He plays like he did under Mourinho too. No commitment going forward. Safe, afraid, sloppy. Just a horrible fullback and I'm sick of him. Shouldn't play another game this season. Hopefully Williams is first choice from now, with Dalot coming back very soon as back up.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Luke was abysmal today. But it wasn't the first time he was horrible and he still started, despite Williams playing well in the last game, so I have zero confidence that Shaw be dropped after this. I expect to see him again in the next league game, judging by how Lingard and De Gea keep getting starting spots despite clear drops in performances.

youngrell

Someone needs to light a fire under his ass or he's going on the scrapheap very soon. He has the ability but not the drive, intensity or intelligence to make the right runs, or any runs for that matter.

He was afforded so much space last night and did nothing with it. Very disappointing.

I have to say though, he was not the only player lacking intensity last night, there were plenty of our players strolling around casually when a sprint was needed to unsettle Arsenal and put them on the back foot. Particularly in the second half when they were gassed.

JoaquinJoaquin

Another that needs to be moved on. Then again, Ole keeps picking him so he deserves the blame aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.