Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJJT

Don’t think he was as bad as some are suggesting. He was decent 6 out of 10. Playing in a new combination up front so got to give him benefit of the doubt. Don’t think any of the front 3 played great and lots of poor final passes. Martial got better as game went on. Rashford still a work in progress great

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Don’t like him at all on the right, I remember LVG trying to shoehorn him there after his first few apps and he struggled there against Liverpool. Likewise for England, he’s not good there.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
The more he keeps regressing, the more embarrassing it is getting for the same type of posters that love to hype up and have a strong bias for players from our academy. They think with their heart, clouding them into making disastrous posts.
They step into the same bear trap. Every time.

KennyBurner

Glad we are all seeing it now. Rashford is all Physique and determination but hardly any technical ability. He just doesn't have that quality that I see when compared to martial. Its a shame though because I like his work ethic. He also has become to selfish for my liking. Im still hoping he can somewhat reinvent his game from running and kicking to more precision plays.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The guy has talent. People need to stop going all out when a game goes a certain way for a player. The Martial thread and this one are wildly out of perspective.

Poor game and not sharp enough but he's young as feck.
I bet all those jumping on it are Martial FCers, even though people were begging for him to given time to get in form, arguing that he was playing on the right when it's not his position etc.

Ban

Glad we are all seeing it now. Rashford is all Physique and determination but hardly any technical ability. He just doesn't have that quality that I see when compared to martial. Its a shame though because I like his work ethic. He also has become to selfish for my liking. Im still hoping he can somewhat reinvent his game from running and kicking to more precision plays.
We are all seeing it?

Woziak

It's simple the same people were calling Luke Shaw over the last 2 years!
Young players need to play. Both Martial and Rashford were trying too hard in the first half. We need a good run in all competitions to play 60 games to give all these players a run of games were they can run into form. Fred and Pereira were also trying too hard because the squad looks very deep right now especially in Midfield.

He's just not that good is he. Excellent physically but a fairly average footballer it seems.

el3mel

I want to see more, I really want but all I say is the typical English talent we had seen previously loads and loads of time, full of pace and power but erratic decision making and technique. I hope he improves them over team but really can't see it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He’s a solid talent but he’ll never be elite.

dpansheth

Still have hope that he'll be a good player for us. But his decision making is not improving at all. And that's a worry. He'll need to be coming from the bench and not starting games till he can show he's working on it and showing some improvements.

Devil may care

Had one good pass for Lukaku but overall he really struggled to have any impact on the game, but in fairness he's even less comfortable on the RW than the LW.

UncleBob

Quiet game, as always he works hard in terms of tracking back and trying to win the ball back.

Biggest worry is that when he's not performing well he tends to try the sublime instead of keeping it simple, like the free kick and his shot form miles out, wish he'd just keep things simple and gradually improve

izzydiggler

He's a worry. His form for us is abysmal.
I don't think it's form - take away the initial 'glut' from the first few games and you're left with a player with glimpses of talent but miles to prove. I'm absolutely convinced he'll never prove to be a 'top' player.

I've said it before on here - there's no shame at all in that, I just don't think he's as good as what's hyped. He'll have a decent career but I'd bet my mortgage, he won't be a United player in 5 years.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's Theo Walcott 2.0, speed merchant with good shooting technique & no football brain.

I think the most concerning thing is that his form's been like this for quite some time.
I don't think it's form, it's just his level. He has far more bad games than good ones. When was his last good performance? Liverpool?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't think he's played up to his level, but I also don't think he was very far from it. He's just an average player at the moment, who is young and raw. He missed a couple of really easy touches, including one that would have put him through on goal 1v1. Some want to blame the pitch, which was atrocious, but he's missed those easy touches on regular pitches as well. I don't think he's good enough to play on the right, and I don't think he deserves to be up front either over Lukaku. As for the left wing, if it's not Martial, it should be Sanchez at the moment despite his terrible form. The thing is, he's so young that he will eventually start figuring it out. One of the biggest complaint I have with him is either a selfishness or simply a lack of vision and both him and Martial are lacking when it comes to the final pass where they screw up some really easy opportunities to set up for their teammates.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I want to watch just one training session of him working on set pieces. Because he must be doing something spectacular there to be on them come match-day.

Might genuinely be one of the worst regular set-piece takers I've ever seen at United. I'd fancy myself over a free-kick before Rashford.

Morpheus 7

He's had a difficult start to the season for United. Marcus just needs a goal for us I think, he's trying but has been poor so far. I'm sick of the media chatting about him not playing, he's getting opportunities just needs to take them and get consistency. I like Marcus and think he's got a big future here just needs to sharpen things in his game i.e finishing, decision making, set pieces and needs to get a bit more clinical. This lad can do it, he can score against anyone when he's at it. I have patience when it comes to Rashford, not everyone is Mbappe at his age. These guides of where someone should be at 20 can be blurred, what was Kane doing at 20! He's got the tools just needs to develop a ruthlessness. How good will Marcus be at 25, lets see. Needs to up his performances for us in the next few weeks, the media new to feck up. We don't hear anything when he plays poor when starting a CL game. Banging on about what's best for him and England. Man united have developed this kid, they will get it right.

sam147

Maintain that he'll never be a winger or a wide forward, he's severely lacking in technique for it. People make fun of Welbeck but I genuinely think Rashford has worse technique with the ball than Welbeck has, I've never known a player to so consistenly run the ball out of play.

He has a good shot on him and can make good runs, so I think he can still make a pretty decent striker, but I'm not sure if it'll be for us. I think he's closer to the likes of Solanke than he is to the Agueros really.
He will be a decent striker for Everton. Not only does he lack technique outwide but he lacks basic footballing intelligence. It wasnt the first time he failed to play a simple pass on the counter to his team mates. Not only that the only way he tries to take a player on is knock it forward and chase it. Even when played up front he lacks killer instinct in finishing which is due to his age. However, there's no excuse for his movement. He almost always makes the wrong run. He is in the team because he is a youth product, he tracks back and Jose didnt get any better options. Too much red tinted glasses when it comes to Rashford. Seen fans slating Martial saying he was poor in the game and Rashford created good chances?!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He had a bad game, it happens with players his age. nothing to worry about.

AngliaRed

He needs to go out on loan for 6-12months at Everton or somewhere where he can have 10-20 games as a CF or LF for 90mins each week.

KennyBurner

He needs to go out on loan for 6-12months at Everton or somewhere where he can have 10-20 games as a CF or LF for 90mins each week.
I do think too. He currently isn't good enough right now for United and should try and emulate Lingard. Go out on loan and develop your craft with no distractions. The best thing about that situation is he has lots of time.

Of course us trying to loan him out would create so many clickbait articles from the press.

Web of Bissaka

Eh? he's not that bad on the right. Performances is like always, full effort and quick but hit and miss. Almost the same if he's playing on the left or centre.

+Plus side, beating defenders with speed instead of his erratic-style heavy-touches dribbling, better chances and angle to cross (which he did more times than on the left where he barely cross) and running inwards into the box basically becoming a second striker.
-Bad side, can't do his usual cut-in and shoot.

Nice effort like always - constant pressing, defensively helped Dalot, constant movement up and down, runnings and runnings. Nice try 1st half curve shot tough angle from Shaw's cross after running inwards from the far right.

His game now revolves around doing complex moves at top speed with big downside ~ misplaced receives/touches, misplaced passes, misdribbles, mis-runs, over positioning, etc. Need to chill a bit and see teammates and passes. His game used to be a lot simpler and hence more effective. I say his team mates are confused with his movements now. It's too erratic all over the place.

Frustrating so far isn't it. Relax. Would be fun once he's able to do those complex things with good consistency.

Ekeke

I thought he was very poor. And not in the areas we might expect him to be.

He actually did a decent enough shift coming back to help out with defending. Not great, but plenty for an attacker.

However he had a number of bad touches and poor pass selections. I think he can do a job on the left occasionally but he's clearly just a striker to me. And on the right he looks a nothing player so far

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is the thing I don't get with people saying he's a striker. The things he struggles with, have nothing to do with where he plays.
What does over running the ball, poor touch. Not lifting your head up for a pass, running into players have to do with his position?
There was a moment yesterday where, think it was Pogba played a pass to him and he couldn't take it in his stride. It hit his back heel, if he took the pass, he would have been in a 2 v 1 situation against the YB keeper and probably gotten a goal or an assist. Every player makes those kind of mistakes but he seems to make them too often.
He wasn't even a striker at youth level, he hasn't specifically said he sees himself as a striker either. Don't know where this notion has come from.
If he'd just make better decisions and improve his technique and make better use of his pace, there's no reason he can't play on the left or the right.
Think his game would improve massively if he'd just learn to lift his head up.

This is the thing I don't get with people saying he's a striker. The things he struggles with, have nothing to do with where he plays.
What does over running the ball, poor touch. Not lifting your head up for a pass, running into players have to do with his position?
There was a moment yesterday where, think it was Pogba played a pass to him and he couldn't take it in his stride. It hit his back heel, if he took the pass, he would have been in a 2 v 1 situation against the YB keeper and probably gotten a goal or an assist. Every player makes those kind of mistakes but he seems to make them too often.
He wasn't even a striker at youth level, he hasn't specifically said he sees himself as a striker either. Don't know where this notion has come from.
If he'd just make better decisions and improve his technique and make better use of his pace, there's no reason he can't play on the left or the right.
Think his game would improve massively if he'd just learn to lift his head up.
I think it's because he has scored some goals playing further forward. I agree with you though, he is missing a lot of what is needed to be a striker. He's fairly good at everything but i really struggle to think of anything he stands out at.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought a loan for him as a ridiculous idea and mocked posters for suggesting it.
The most worrying thing about him is that he doesn't even look like he is improving any aspects of his game. He needs a good coach and a situation where he consistently plays even when he's shit. We have good coaches but the competition means we don't have the time.
He and Martial have pace but their problem with movements are quite different. Martial doesn't want to run without the ball unless he is cajoled. Rashford runs around a lot but his runs don't threaten.
He has to continue to be a sub player where he can learn against tired defences. He's nowhere near good enough to start for us. Lingard at the moment is a much better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.