Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Always been a huge fan. Still is. But nothing wrong in saying that he should improve his lower body strenght. He is very skinny compared to a lot of top strikers.

It is the only thing I can see preventing him from becoming world class.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Always been a huge fan. Still is. But nothing wrong in saying that he should improve his lower body strenght. He is very skinny compared to a lot of top strikers.

It is the only thing I can see preventing him from becoming world class.
Mate, we have had to ditch players because they added body weight. Memphis and Lukaku come to mind.
And you think we now need another player to "bulk up". :lol:

Rashford is fine as he is. Opposing defenders are scared of him. If he purposely bulks up, he'll probably turn to shit, will be benched and eventually sold.

The modern footballer, has to be slim, agile and light - waif-like. There are some posters on this forum who seem to believe that wrestlers make great footballers...which they don't.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Imagine if Rashford was able to learn and apply all the tricks Solskjaer want to teach him. The physical and technical attributes of Rashford with the mind of a babyfaced assassin makes up one hell of a player honestly. Rashford is the type of guy that wants to be the best, it seems like he emulates Ronaldo in a few areas like training and learning so it is not inconceivable to believe that the current manager can be influential in the matter of his progress.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Number one he has to be clinical in front of goal if he ever wants to be a top striker. He's very wasteful with the chances he has.

Then he has to improve his strength, dribbling, & vision to be a world class forward. I've got faith in him, but he's still young and needs 3-4 seasons to develop.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s already had a much greater impact than Welbeck for both club and country. He might not become a Rooney, but he’s already well beyond Welbz.
Isn’t Welbeck like England’s record goalscorer or something?

Obviously not literally!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Mate, we have had to ditch players because they added body weight. Memphis and Lukaku come to mind.
And you think we now need another player to "bulk up". :lol:

Rashford is fine as he is. Opposing defenders are scared of him. If he purposely bulks up, he'll probably turn to shit, will be benched and eventually sold.

The modern footballer, has to be slim, agile and light - waif-like. There are some posters on this forum who seem to believe that wrestlers make great footballers...which they don't.
First and foremost the modern footballer has to be extremely fit. But when you compare the lower body of Rashford and C. Ronaldo, Bale, Firmino, Kane, Aguero, Lewandowski etc there is a huge difference.

And that is not to say that a footballer should look like a wrestler. But you make a great example of how the average poster struggle to understand that there is middle ground and love to polarize discussions. :)

Fridge chutney

Do your best.

The kid has outrageous ability. Some of his play in this video is incredible. Keeping him, Martial, Pogba and De Gea is so so important to how the next few years go. Surround that core with the right players and you have a very talented team with age on their side.
Yet he's just Danny Welbeck according some deluded posters on this forum.

haram

The kid has outrageous ability. Some of his play in this video is incredible. Keeping him, Martial, Pogba and De Gea is so so important to how the next few years go. Surround that core with the right players and you have a very talented team with age on their side.
You can clearly see him developing as a player as the video goes on. Even physically he looks a lot different.

Aloysius's Back 3

My lord - the Rashford highlights got hard to watch the moment Jose became our manager; just pure boring . The style of football & it's effect on Rashford was a waste of time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He can still be a bit of a headless chicken and needs to be more imposing physically but feck me he's ahead of the curve at 20. I hope he works on his weaknesses and evolves to the next level.

Under Ole or Poch's guidance I reckon he will.

Posh Red

Watching that video is heartwarming. There’s a goal missing though (possibly in the cup, maybe against West Ham?) where he curls it right into the top corner from twelve yards out or so. Anyone have a link to this or remember the goal?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Watching that video is heartwarming. There’s a goal missing though (possibly in the cup, maybe against West Ham?) where he curls it right into the top corner from twelve yards out or so. Anyone have a link to this or remember the goal?
Yup, was in the cup.

Aloysius's Back 3

Rashford playing on the left has helped him...
Not for 2 & a half seasons - maybe for a single season at max.

The video clearly shows that he was the type of striker who was a 'lethal' striker for his age & his breakout season.

Ever since Jose - we have been wondering if he can get that lethal strikers ability & positioning back that we all saw during the first season.

I'm sure he will - but that's what I mean by Jose's time being a waste of time as he progressed minimally.

Martial on the other hand works 100% harder on the pitch on and off the ball in comparison to how he was - and definitely improved under Jose.

haram

Not for 2 & a half seasons - maybe for a single season at max.

The video clearly shows that he was the type of striker who was a 'lethal' striker for his age & his breakout season.

Ever since Jose - we have been wondering if he can get that lethal strikers ability & positioning back that we all saw during the first season.

I'm sure he will - but that's what I mean by Jose's time being a waste of time as he progressed minimally.

Martial on the other hand works 100% harder on the pitch on and off the ball in comparison to how he was - and definitely improved under Jose.
Rashford has developed more than Martial imo. Rashford's breakout season was a very small sample size, we started to see his limitations after that year. He is getting stronger, probably taller now as well. Him playing at LF would have helped his movement and how he attacks defences with the ball at his feet as well. It's making him a much more rounded footballer. The stuff such as his striking technique from range is something we didn't see in his first season either.

What you can say though is Martial started at a better base than Rashford did so it would naturally be more difficult for Anthony to develop his game further. Rashford was also younger.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Not really but his best form of his career has come in an England shirt in my opinion. Between 2012 - 15 he got 13 goals in 29 games at international level.
I go to England games and I still had to look that up to check it was true, cos it seemed way too many cos I genuinely don’t remember any of them, bar the winner against Sweden...

But it’s true so ... fair play.

binary bot
Top player in the making.

Still does lots of daft things...which is to be expected from a 21 year old

Good from from Rashford, shows his versatility in moving to the left. Perhaps a little naive at the end in trying to get a second, but most of the team was a little naive at times. Great finish. Well done.

Feck everybody who called Rashford the new Welbeck.

The boy is legit going to be an excellent footballer. I and a select others always knew it. What a goal and performance against a top class opposition.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Finish! This kid is the real thing. Proper Ole finish too: guided into the only place it could go. Earlier in the season he was blasting those wide.

R'hllor

Game vs Arsenal still puts smile on the my face when i remember it, there is nothing like it.

jem

The boy is legit going to be an excellent footballer. I and a select others always knew it. What a goal and performance against a top class opposition.
This kind of thing is so annoying - I mean, really what's the point? But yes, Rashford is fantastic.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

What are you now, some sect that claim only a given number of people will go to heaven or something. Chill mate and enjoy. I'm sure most on here were always his big fans but the times were hard and plenty were much frustrated.

This kind of thing is so annoying - I mean, really what's the point? But yes, Rashford is fantastic.
What are you now, some sect that claim only a given number of people will go to heaven or something. Chill mate and enjoy. I'm sure most on here were always his big fans but the times were hard and plenty were much frustrated.
Sorry if I caused offence. I am just passionate about Rashfords potential ever since he broke onto the scene in 15/16.

waza7111

It looks like Ole's coaching is really helping Rashford with his finishing.

bondsname

Rashford's story feels like a fairy tale. Excellent player, he comes right from our academy aswell. It doens't get any better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.