Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

yfoFC

Makes long post arguing why one of these two players is better than the other. Followed by plea that they shouldn’t be compared. Go figure.
You should probably follow the gist of a discussion before butting in.

I was responding to the claims that Martial has stagnated not who the better player is.

If you want to quote a person then understand the reason behind the message instead of hurling false accusations around.

yfoFC

Considering that the poster you replied to complained that Rashford wasn't receiving enough criticism as compared to Martial after the Reading game, I have a strong hunch as to where his/her priorities lie.
Let's just get this out of the way, I prefer Martial to Rashford same as I prefer Herrera to Pogba. I'm entitled to have players I'm fond of aren't I?

Does that mean I will put down one to big up the other in the two cases? I don't.

My crime now is in stating facts when it is not fashionable to do so.

In their current forms, if Martial had played like Rashford did against reading then he'd have gotten pelters for it. Am I wrong?

Rashford has been playing badly on the wings under Ole, am I wrong?

Please tell me what has been wrong with my posts as I see no one is arguing against the points I'm bringing up, hell I wasn't even the one who started this Martial vs Rashford comparison recently.

EDIT

One of my sentiments being echoed by another
Never again should he play LW though, he just can't do it.

Last edited:

steakpie

That cross to Lingard was one of the best crosses I've ever seen. Ridiculous.

Player Red

Let's just get this out of the way, I prefer Martial to Rashford same as I prefer Herrera to Pogba. I'm entitled to have players I'm fond of aren't I?

Does that mean I will put down one to big up the other in the two cases? I don't.

In their current forms, if Martial had played like Rashford did against reading then he'd have gotten pelters for it. Am I wrong?

Please tell me what has been wrong with my posts as I see no one is arguing against the points I'm bringing up, hell I wasn't even the one who started this Martial vs Rashford comparison recently.
Every game he has started for Ole he has been playing as a central striker. He has only moved to the wing late on in games when the complexion of the game has changed. Can't really judge his wide performances based on this.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

EDIT

You're entitled to your preference, but don't pretend to be balanced or merely "stating facts" when your bias shows so clearly. I do not agree with your "facts" either.

yfoFC

Every game he has started for Ole he has been playing as a central striker. He has only moved to the wing late on in games when the complexion of the game has changed. Can't really judge his wide performances based on this.
You're right, but there is clearly a drop-off in the quality of his game from up top to the wings and if you see my edited post then you'll notice I'm not the only one that has spotted it.

Anyways, I don't want to be criticising such a minor detail of his game when he's flying like this and handing us wins (or ever). Long may it continue and hope the both of them can go on and have a rooney-ronaldo dynamic for our team for years to come.

yfoFC

You're entitled to your preference, but don't pretend to be balanced or merely "stating facts" when your bias shows so clearly. I do not agree with your "facts" either.
Guess I'm the bad guy of this thread now.. well, so be it.

It's just funny that no one has refuted my points but just focus on the messenger rather than the message.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

EDIT

Not really, the lad came on for like 28 minutes, in a game that was alreadyw on... in what world would anyone give "pelters" to someone's performance in that scenario?!

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Guess I'm the bad guy of this thread now.. well, so be it.
I think it is hypocritical to come in here to instigate criticism of Rashford while he's doing well, claim he hasn't been criticised enough, and then claim that you don't want to criticise him for minor stuff. To me it seems that you are somewhat sore that Martial has taken something of a backseat to him for the moment. It is particularly irksome to me because I see Martial as having been afforded way more leeway than Rashford on the whole. But I apologise for reacting strongly and hope there are no hard feelings. And you may rest assured that Martial will have his time again very soon.

yfoFC

Not really, the lad came on for like 28 minutes, in a game that was alreadyw on... in what world would anyone give "pelters" to someone's performance in that scenario?!
The world in which Martial has been criticised for not scoring or assisting the last few games and so has turned to a lesser player.

Let me be clear that the criticisms of Martial have dropped off significantly lately so I'm not throwing stones at anyone.

Mahn, we are just going round and round in circles here.

At the time, Martial was getting stick for decent performances not backed by stats and I was frustrated so I came in here to point out that if Martial had turned in that performance then we wouldn't hear the end of it.

I was wrong to do that.

I don't know how people would have reacted but seeing the way he was getting stick for better performances than that then it's not unreasonable to assume it would have happened.

I was wrong to have let some posters' criticisms get the better of me that way but I don't feel my remarks were far off reality.

Last edited:

yfoFC

I think it is hypocritical to come in here to instigate criticism of Rashford while he's doing well, claim he hasn't been criticised enough, and then claim that you don't want to criticise him for minor stuff. To me it seems that you are somewhat sore that Martial has taken something of a backseat to him for the moment. It is particularly irksome to me because I see Martial as having been afforded way more leeway than Rashford on the whole. But I apologise for reacting strongly and hope there are no hard feelings. And you may rest assured that Martial will have his time again very soon.
You're not far off the mark here and I've said as much in the previous post of mine.

I take responsibility for reacting unfavorably to Rashford's display but I don't think it was out of hypocrisy but frustration due to some posters' comments on Martial's thread.

No hard feelings bro, and I believe the world is big enough to accommodate the both of them and our club will be the better for it.

Bola

You're not far off the mark here and I've said as much in the previous post of mine.

I take responsibility for reacting unfavorably to Rashford's display but I don't think it was out of hypocrisy but frustration due to some posters' comments on Martial's thread.

No hard feelings bro, and I believe the world is big enough to accommodate the both of them and our club will be the better for it.
We have 2/3rds of a new attacking trinity and it's exciting to see who will make up that final 3rd*

What I liked from sat was that lovely pass from Rashford that Lingard put wide. It brought a surprised smile to Martial and his face seemed to go 'wow'.

*Lingard is reallly a matchday squad option, while Sanchez appears to have started a decline

yfoFC

We have 2/3rds of a new attacking trinity and it's exciting to see who will make up that final 3rd*

What I liked from sat was that lovely pass from Rashford that Lingard put wide. It brought a surprised smile to Martial and his face seemed to go 'wow'.

*Lingard is reallly a matchday squad option, while Sanchez appears to have started a decline
Exactly

And I didn't notice the Martial smile but I'm glad he did that, shows there's no competition between the two and both are happy for each other's success

The great thing is both are young and could be ours for the best part of the decade to come, bring in someone of dembele's quality to sort out the RW and that's our attack sorted for years to come.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Exactly

And I didn't notice the Martial smile but I'm glad he did that, shows there's no competition between the two and both are happy for each other's success

The great thing is both are young and could be ours for the best part of the decade to come, bring in someone of dembele's quality to sort out the RW and that's our attack sorted for years to come.
You should also see Martial's reaction to Rashford's goal. Safe to say the spirits are good

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There is so much truth in this. Just look at Jose reaction when he missed that chance. It really was a psychological thing where he felt pressured by the manager to not miss or risk being out.
Think Dion Dublin also made the same point on MOTD, that Rashford is calm now and not under pressure. He said "he is free to miss chances now" to sort of make his point.

yfoFC

You should also see Martial's reaction to Rashford's goal. Safe to say the spirits are good
Really? What game was I watching then if I kept missing these awesome moments :lol:

With the news of Martial's contract incoming and Rashford doing well, things are looking quite Rosy for us..

Silas

On current form Rashford is among the best players in the world.
Not just a striker. And his best years are yet to come.

We also have Greenwood knocking on the door.
To have two strikers come through the academy in such short time is very encouraging.

Great times ahead.
:lol: Come on.

Member 115509

The sky really is the limit for this kid, hopefully he fulfills his massive potential at United, he is playing with a new lease of life under OGS after being stifled under Mourinho.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The sky really is the limit for this kid, hopefully he fulfills his massive potential at United, he is playing with a new lease of life under OGS after being stifled under Mourinho.
I wouldn't say stifled, it was more like an abusive relationship where one partner constantly tells the other how shite and useless they are. Mourinho is a cnut. He can shove that second place finish up his fecking hole along with the Europa League trophy, the cnut.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I wouldn't say stifled, it was more like an abusive relationship where one partner constantly tells the other how shite and useless they are. Mourinho is a cnut. He can shove that second place finish up his fecking hole along with the Europa League trophy, the cnut.
I thought the Europa Cup was a good way to get into the CL. Functional.
But it was all downhill from then.

deafepl

According to CIES Football Observatory, he is by the best performer in Europe for the month since December or under Ole and his value is increasing up soo fast, Pogba is up there as well in 4th.

Sylar

Having the option to bring him on in a game like this at the 70 min mark mark is scary good

Lightning pace

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Savage
He has some serious skills. He has really come along quite nicely. And to think that folks here used to think he was just a speed merchant and should be on loan at a championship club. :confused::rolleyes:

1. He's incredibly average. I've never seen a more overrated player in my time watching football.
  2. Zero technical ability
  3. Perfect kick and run merchant.

I also like that they are so relaxed before a big match.

Last edited:

BurtSpangle

Still not totally convinced he's top quality. Very happy he's playing better though. I think his touch is still a bit poor at times and I'm not sure he's quite good enough in tight spaces, either at retaining the ball or finding a cute pass on the edge of the box to put someone in. He's a very instinctive player, when the game or situation is frantic, he shines (trickery against Bournemouth, goal against Brighton), when it slows down he becomes poor and tries to force things (often running the ball out of play). An example in the game yesterday was when he had to control the ball out of the air and Lingard would have been through. Can't help but feel a player like Sanchez would have managed to control it and get the pass through, possibly even playing a first time pass on the volley. Instead Rashford controlled it horribly Lukaku style and we didn't get the chance.

He's changed my mind in the sense that I think he has a real future here, I really hadn't seen enough from him in the three years under Mourinho that made me think he could start regularly for United, but he is definitely showing glimpses of a real player, just not sure he'll ever be elite level.

To be fair,Rashford was a kick and run merchant under Jose.
The fact we're now seeing a more experienced and creative player under a more offensive manager just show how badly Jose was utilising him and others.

Loublaze

ATLien
To be fair,Rashford was a kick and run merchant under Jose.
The fact we're now seeing a more experienced and creative player under a more offensive manager just show how badly Jose was utilising him and others.
Rashford's form was already on the up before Mourinho was sacked, and if you look at his goals and assists highlights videos from last season you'll see he has been progressing for a while now and has been more than a kick and ran merchant. It does help that he's playing under a manager who loves to attack

The United

Rashford's form was already on the up before Mourinho was sacked, and if you look at his goals and assists highlights videos from last season you'll see he has been progressing for a while now and has been more than a kick and ran merchant. It does help that he's playing under a manager who loves to attack
Funny though that Rash was used in a game by jose to prove that people were wrong to ask for Rash to play instead of Lukaku.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Savage
Stunning.

His range of technical skill is breathtaking.

For him it’s about being able to keep a high level of execution going through the entire 90 minutes because his bottom level under Jose was very poor but as we have seen under Ole - when playing well - his technical level is arguably only matched by Pogba.

Now people will put this down to age but for me it’s less to do with that but more focusing on his discipline and feeding the boy with confidence. When he is feeling insecure he overdoes things and holds on to the ball too long but recently he’s picking and choosing when to do tricks better and when the odds are in his favour. Also helps him playing more centrally - less need to be so precise as he has to be down the flanks.

SoCross

He's playing with an...arrogance for the lack of a better word, that he did not have before. There's definitely been a shift in mindset, so clear to see on the pitch.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rashford was never a kick and run player. Again people putting their poor judgement of players on Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.