Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Should be a squad player for now at least. The problem is that we have no established striker. It really is surprising to see some regress in his and Martial's development. Who are our coaches, are they teaching our players a thing or two?
Yeah, giving him the #10 shirt hasn't helped matters.

Web of Bissaka

Nice right-wing-play today.
Nothing new, his debut is him wrecking havoc on our right wing anyway.

Fine game.
Back down to earth performance -- no selfish plays, linking with team, team player, worked hard, right decisions making, etc.

:nervous: Injured? when he came off, went directly to the tunnel right?

ricky-romeo

with him leading our attack we'll never be a Premier League tittle contender. he is just not good or consistent enough to lead our line, as simple as that.

why is Ole so obsessed with Rashy I've got no idea whatsoever. He is good but not that good or indispensable enough yet. he is a great option to have because he is flexible and can play CF or LW or RW so he'll get games and can give us 10-15 goals a season but that's it.

He'sRaldo

I wonder how he and Martial would have turned out as a strike partnership under LVG (or any attacking manager really). I think Mourinho turning them into wide midfielders stunted them both. If we had debut season Rashford partnered with debut season Martial up front, that would have been electric.

Thomas Hunter

He needs a reality check. I hope we get Sancho and then Ole bench Rashford. He's protected by Ole because he is english and an academy product but theres no way he should be a starter. Far from the level of City and Liverpool starters

Next season attacking starters:

Martial-Lukaku-Sancho

Substitutes:

Sanchez-Rashford-Lingard

r0663664

Worships Man City
Rushford simply is not good enough. Maybe coming on as a sub or a one off game. Never as a main striker for the EPL, he is too young and inconsistent to lead the frontline alone. Maybe 1-2 unplayable performance follow by a mediocre performance. To be Top 4, we need a striker who does his job week in and week out. Every game he should have a minimum 6 rating and nothing less.

Kapardin

with him leading our attack we'll never be a Premier League tittle contender. he is just not good or consistent enough to lead our line, as simple as that.

why is Ole so obsessed with Rashy I've got no idea whatsoever. He is good but not that good or indispensable enough yet. he is a great option to have because he is flexible and can play CF or LW or RW so he'll get games and can give us 10-15 goals a season but that's it.
Bit of managerial inexperience and eagerness to appease club culture by pandering to "youth" and "local". Not a shining example of his management.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What happened to him? He looks nothing like the player that broke through in 15/16. His finishing looked natural, he was sharp, he was threatening. Huge regression this season bar that short spell after Solskjaer came in.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
:lol:

My reaction exactly. Seriously who started this Rashford has to take free kicks? I mean we had Matt, Pogba etc on the pitch and Rashford seemingly was the go to guy to take it, what's going on?

Fer

I remember the time when Rashford used to play as LW. Martial and Rashford were in a good level rotating in that position. Do you prefer to see Rashford as our main striker or left winger?

Classical Mechanic

:lol:

My reaction exactly. Seriously who started this Rashford has to take free kicks? I mean we had Matt, Pogba etc on the pitch and Rashford seemingly was the go to guy to take it, what's going on?
That free kick actually went according to plan. He got it on target and it bounced just before the keeper and our other forwards followed it in to get the rebound. This time, unlike against Buffon, Kepa managed to gather it. After the Juve game Lukaku said this was something the planned to do.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What happened to him? He looks nothing like the player that broke through in 15/16. His finishing looked natural, he was sharp, he was threatening. Huge regression this season bar that short spell after Solskjaer came in.
He's just out of form. And he needs less stupid players around him to learn from and work with.

GM K

I have a theory here and I shared it during Jose's time.
It's this obsession with 'the United way'. We must play young lads. We must play academy players. We must encourage youth. Blah, blah, blah. While these are important, we need to make up our minds. Do we want to wait for them to develop enough while we fail to meet up with competitors? Do we want to wait long enough to find out if they are good enough to cut it?

This 'play the young and play academy players' idea is one of the things that destroyed Jose's tenure if you ask me. I think he was too determined to please the club and show that he 'get's it' hence his obsession with playing (and not upsetting) Rashy, Lingard, Pogba and to an extent, Martial before he fell out with him.
The Jose we know, would have replaced them with players close to being galactico's and gone for broke to win titles. I am not saying that is a better model, just saying that is what Jose would have done.

Ole seems to be doing the same to an extent. Sticking to everything that will prove he get's it. Rashford, Lingard etc. Those are the players that typify a lot of things in our history. When you play them, it seems like you get it to some fans.

Maybe this is a bunch of nonsense but I'm guessing this is close to some truth.

red4ever 79

Never good enough to start for Utd. However he is English and has come through the Academy so he must be good enough to start right? Wrong. Not clinical enough, too greedy and dont get me started on his freekicks. Wouldnt start as a striker for any other top 6 team in the Premier league.

Lentwood

I've said it for long time, unless we are realistic about what we have and what we need we will continue to struggle

Marcus Rashford now in terms of actual ability is about lower/mid-table sort of level. Unfortunately, whilst I do believe he will improve naturally with age, I dont think your basic technique can improve dramatically and therefore he's never likely to be good enough to lead the line for a top club

If we accept that and aim higher we can starting making the improvements we need

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He would be so much better if he just kept it simple. He keeps trying silly little ball rolls or a poor attempt at a body shimmy and ends up nearly falling over.

His balance since he's grown has been ruined and he doesn't seem like he's got his legs back yet.

If he just made a run, collected it then passed and moved into a goal scoring position he would be a good forward.

Our insistence of trying to make our players good at everything seems to only dilute what they're good at.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The whole anti-Rashford on freekicks thing needs to die. This guy said it well here comparing Rashford and Messi conversion rates. We had the same bollocks at the club when Ronaldo first started knuckle-balling it and people couldn’t get over the fact that a wild miss has the same value as a controlled miss.

If Mata is on the pitch and it’s the on edge of the box, he should take them, otherwise Rashford is fine by me. Maybe Pogba would be better, I don’t know.

People’s reaction to him here as a whole is kind of disconcerting and frankly it appears to be as much of a product of the internet and fans without any real local attachment to the club, who don’t have the same appreciation for having local players in the team. Regardless, if we were to transfer list him tomorrow, he’s likely be one of the most in demand players in world football.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The whole anti-Rashford on freekicks thing needs to die. This guy said it well here comparing Rashford and Messi conversion rates. We had the same bollocks at the club when Ronaldo first started knuckle-balling it and people couldn’t get over the fact that a wild miss has the same value as a controlled miss.

If Mata is on the pitch and it’s the on edge of the box, he should take them, otherwise Rashford is fine by me. Maybe Pogba would be better, I don’t know.

People’s reaction to him here as a whole is kind of disconcerting and frankly it appears to be as much of a product of the internet and fans without any real local attachment to the club, who don’t have the same appreciation for having local players in the team. Regardless, if we were to transfer list him tomorrow, he’s likely be one of the most in demand players in world football.
Good post.

And I remember well the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here when Ronaldo was knuckle balling the ball into the stands, week after week. If anything, Rashford seems to be a little bit more likely than he was to hit the target.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I wonder how he and Martial would have turned out as a strike partnership under LVG (or any attacking manager really). I think Mourinho turning them into wide midfielders stunted them both. If we had debut season Rashford partnered with debut season Martial up front, that would have been electric.
Maybe I read this wrong but LVG was far from attacking, he was the opposite.

Tosicsleftpeg

He has been very good in small spells and has shown flashes of quality but at the moment he looks very poor. I'm sure he will come back stronger next season but I do agree with alot of people who say he isn't world class and won't be either.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes

Think if Rashford was banging in goals for fun like Messi and Ronaldo, few people would be complaining. Watching free kicks disappear into row z is definitely more frustrating when it's accompanied by a poor performance and a defeat.

As for being one of the most in demand players in world football, despite the hype, the stats are really quite poor for Rashford. I think the likes of Real and Barca are too busy focussing on winning league and champions league titles to factor in top red brownie points when lining up new transfers.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I've lost count of the amount of times this season that he's been 1v1 versus defenders and tried a trick or stepover - and the ball gets stuck/caught under his boot, and the move breaks down/momentum lost. Frustrating.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Good post.

And I remember well the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here when Ronaldo was knuckle balling the ball into the stands, week after week. If anything, Rashford seems to be a little bit more likely than he was to hit the target.
I had to make a thread just to get people to consider coming round. Then he went on to become one of our best ever.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I honestly can't work out what his true potential is. I mean in a couple of years time will he be considered one of the best strikers around or will he be slumming it in a lower league?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I honestly can't work out what his true potential is. I mean in a couple of years time will he be considered one of the best strikers around or will he be slumming it in a lower league?
Far sooner the latter than the former, unfortunately.

If he feels like he can lead the line, let’s loan him out to a lower level PL team in need of a true striker. Let’s let him perform & try to make himself worthy of starting for us, but let’s not suffer through his poor performances by being the club who plays him next season. Let’s afford him with the potential of being a starting striker through a loan.

haram

You could see this coming yet everyone was crying for him to play as the number 9.

Greck

He deserves to start over Rom for me because of the style we want to employ but there are times he should be subbed or be on the bench. Rom and Martial have a decent understanding, they could be tried as the 2 up front. Ole you don't have to live and die by Rashy. Long for the day we stop making flawed players untouchable

Fer

Rashford could be better as LW/Wide striker.
He can rotate with Martial.

We could sign a young striker and a top Right winger to improve our attack.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
As for being one of the most in demand players in world football, despite the hype, the stats are really quite poor for Rashford. I think the likes of Real and Barca are too busy focussing on winning league and champions league titles to factor in top red brownie points when lining up new transfers.
Grow up and get some perspective. What the heck has being a top red got to do with it? We are in a place to reap the rewards of a top young forward coming through at our own club and people want to savage him all the time. It’ll be even worse when the lightning conductor of criticism that’s Paul Pogba perhaps departs.

The only players younger than Rashford to score more league goals than in him in the top 5 leagues this season are Mbappé, Jovic, Havertz and Sancho. Go for combined league goals and assists and it is still the same list. Go purely for assists and the only players younger are Sancho, Mbappé and Alexander-Arnold. It’s a literal Who’s Who of the most in demand young players in European football.

The grass is always greener on the other side though, isn’t it? Anyone wanting to sideline or sell Rashford is beautifully showing up their own ignorance.

WE HAVE PEOPLE WANTING TO SEND HIM OUT ON LOAN TO A LOWER LEAGUE OR BOTTOM HALF PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB AND THINK THIS IS A REASONABLE OPINION TO SHARE.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Grow up and get some perspective. What the heck has being a top red got to do with it? We are in a place to reap the rewards of a top young forward coming through at our own club and people want to savage him all the time. It’ll be even worse when the lightning conductor of criticism that’s Paul Pogba perhaps departs.

The only players younger than Rashford to score more league goals than in him in the top 5 leagues this season are Mbappé, Jovic, Havertz and Sancho. Go for combined league goals and assists and it is still the same list. Go purely for assists and the only players younger are Sancho, Mbappé and Alexander-Arnold. It’s a literal Who’s Who of the most in demand young players in European football.

The grass is always greener on the other side though, isn’t it? Anyone wanting to sideline or sell Rashford is beautifully showing up their own ignorance.

WE HAVE PEOPLE WANTING TO SEND HIM OUT ON LOAN TO A LOWER LEAGUE OR BOTTOM HALF PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB AND THINK THIS IS A REASONABLE OPINION TO SHARE.
Great post.

Who the hell is Havertz though?

Status
Not open for further replies.