5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Infuriating today. Cost us two points, no doubts about that. I'd prefer if we took him off instead of Bruno.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why didn't he play in Cavani? I really can't understand why he'd choose to run into a crowded defence instead of playing in Cavani. I couldn't believe it.
The ball was the one to Pogba, a simple lay off after he dragged the defenders away.

cyberman

F
How ? Why ? Explain.

Fabinho is only looking at Rashford, Robertson is trying to catch up with Cavani but at the time being he's blocking the path Rashford wants to go into so there's no fecking room for Rashford. The situation dictates one solution, pass the fecking ball to the teammate that's about to run into open space for a one on one

Fabinho is only so far in now in the 2nd pic because Rashford is taking it wide. The pic is fooling you. Look at where they are to the box.

-Supreme-

100% overrated. He still plays like a youth player.

Can you imagine what Cavani was thinking when he didn't pass to him?

Rashford is the type of player that will lose his team the Champions League final because he wouldn't be scoring the winning goal himself. And Martial is of a similar ilk

He will never change, which means we'll get nowhere with that type of player leading the line.
Cavani was actually really angry and looked very pissed at Rashford when he messed up that chance, which was refreshing to see.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
There comes a time when potential needs to turn into consistent results. Sometimes he’s good but most of the time he’s fecking awful and if we’re judging him by the same standards as everyone else he simply isn’t good enough for a team who have ambitions to challenge for top honours.

Cavani was actually really angry and looked very pissed at Rashford when he messed up that chance, which was refreshing to see.
You're right, Cavani had a really visibly frustrated reaction - which you like to see (or at least I do).

It's crazy to me how a 34 year old, who's won everything, who has nothing to prove, has no meaningful connection to the club...yet it SO looks like it matters to him. Not just in this situation...he's always fighting, arguing, gesturing, pressing, cajoling his teammates.

Bruno was awful today, but look at his reaction to every shit pass he hit. It looked like they HURT him. He had one particularly bad one from a free-kick, and minutes later when the camera focused on him he was still shouting at himself. When he got subbed, it mattered to him. He wanted to be on the pitch to rectify his terrible performance.

Rashford is the complete opposite. He'll blow an easy pass on the counter and he'll just turn around and walk off like it didn't happen. Miss a sitter... zero reaction. Cavani or Bruno or McTominay will have a go at him and again - nothing. Expressionless.

He plays like he couldn't care less nowadays...which was so far from the case when he first broke through.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
This was the only area where he could have played the pass. Fabinho was 100% expecting it. There is no way Cavani is going to beat Fabinho in a foot race to the ball. If the pass goes through Cavani is either going to get ushered wide or intercepted.
Yeah but I'm thinking you picked that image for a reason. That's the image which shows when he's already decided to move inside. He couldn't have made the pass from there even if he wanted to. Look at the earlier image when the pass was actually on. I'm not allowed to post images. This is also the final post I'm allowed.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Brainless, selfish, greedy, overhyped, frustrating to watch. Been shit for awhile, but then scores a goal and everybody forgets he was bad for rest of the game.
I lost my voice screaming at him today.

thepolice123

Yeah but I'm thinking you picked that image for a reason. That's the image which shows when he's already decided to move inside. He couldn't have made the pass from there even if he wanted to. Look at the earlier image when the pass was actually on. I'm not allowed to post images. This is also the final post I'm allowed.
He moved inside the space because Fabinho tracked Cavani's run. Either way at that moment he should have passed to Cavani or Pogba. I don't think it would have been a clear cut chance for Cavani but at least he could attack the box when Cavani delivers the ball back inside. He took another touch and Robertson and Cavani clamped down on him. It's just really poor play.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
People used to give Nani a lot of stick during his time here for his decision making. Rashford's is even worse and he's technically nowhere near as good. A player capable of moments of individual quality, that masks numerous other deficiencies in his game. At least in the past a poor game would still be accompanied by a high level of work rate, now he swans around on the pitch like he's posting Ronaldo numbers and it's acceptable for the rest of the team to do his running for him. Infuriating footballer.

izzydiggler

I‘ve never been totally convinced the hype around him is justified...but then he’ll have a few games where he’s lethal and I get some hope that he’ll be really special.

I mean, he might just need a break and is young enough for his career to go in any direction. The truly frustrating thing is the greed/selfishness in his game. All players have off days and periods but he was awful today and really needs to stop thinking he can do everything himself.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People used to give Nani a lot of stick during his time here for his decision making. Rashford's is even worse and he's technically nowhere near as good. A player capable of moments of individual quality, that masks numerous other deficiencies in his game. At least in the past a poor game would still be accompanied by a high level of work rate, now he swans around on the pitch like he's posting Ronaldo numbers and it's acceptable for the rest of the team to do his running for him. Infuriating footballer.
Yeah but he’s from the academy so he gets let off..

C'est Moi Cantona

It's always been a hard to work out how good he actually is, for me anyway, he just seems to flit in and out of looking great to bad so easily.

kopviolator

We desperately need someone he can be dropped for. Can Diallo do it?
No, hardly. He's an 18 year old from another country, who has barely played first team football. Applying such responsibility on him would be unfair. Cavani and Greenwood need to step up and fill in the gap. The problem is of course that Bruno looks knackered too.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s at turns great and also has that Welbeckian ability to let a great chance peter out into him shielding the ball near the corner flag.

ROFLUTION

He gets in many good positions and thats great, but he is so bad at being cynical and he alone could have made our season skyrocket upwards. Leipzig and in a couple of big games he's cost us by not delivering in decisive moments. Frustrating player.

SirScholes

He can’t time his runs for shite!
Especially with having Var now he needs to pay much more attention
It’s happening every game now

Reddevildans

Really think he needs a reality check. He's so infuriating to watch. Wasteful, slack, poor decision making and poor finishing have blighted him for over a year. Too inconsistent for my liking. If we are to win the title we desperately need martial and rashford to play well and get back to thier best. He's got all the attributes to be a top player but I genuinely think his football IQ is too low for a top player. He will still bang in goals and create moments but he can do so much better.

Silverman

He fell down a poor path following Lingard and his silly antics. Then, he got himself back on track and over the last 12 months seemed to be on the right track. Now he's back in a poor position. He doesn't seem anywhere near hungry enough (That can be said about Martial too tbh) Compare them to Fernandes and Cavani and its night and day. I worry Solskjaer is too quiet a guy to change this in him.

Toddler

Same old Rashford. Not consistent is his decisions in the final third. He is very good when he can attack the goal straight but when he has to do alternative pass or a shift of play its not happening. Infuriating at times. Today horrible.

Hellboy

Massively. Not just on here either. One of the most overrated players in world football. Plays like a schoolboy at times. Lift your fecking head man!
Very true. I don't rate him, he's a kick the ball run head down and hope for the best merchant

Don't know what Ole was thinking leaving out there for 90 minutes

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The guys is 23 and our main attacker man. You lot are some next supporters.

What are the age of Mane, Salah, Firmino?

Absolute silence.

It's not his fault United dont have Bruno Fernandes like 26 year old players in his prime playing next to him or in front of him.

Cant even handle a draw against Liverpool before you shout overrated player.

Overrated fans wanking over Neto and Mane the youngest of player that does nothing like Rashford; and Mane, a player in his prime who does crap all against us.

Kaos

One of our most infuriating players. Clearly he has the talent, but his lack of consistency and frequent braindead moments makes me question whether he deserves to be an automatic starter. Hate to say it, but we aren't winning the league with him being our key talisman.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I thought Cavani was well covered by Fabinho. He delayed the play enough for Robertson to get back and cover. The right decision would have been to pass to Pogba and attack the box.

The first half chance when he tried to outpace Henderson instead of squaring the ball to Martial was criminal. Need a clip of that chance. I'm not sure whether was Martial offside.
Yeap I thought that too.

Plymouth Red

It’s a fact, not a personal opinion, that Rashford has recently played on the back of a day when his mind has been focused on important matters outside of football.
This cannot be easy to deal with and it’s not unreasonable to mention the challenge as a potential contributory factor to his current form.
Luke Edwards wrote about this possibility in the Telegraph after the Burnley match and his article makes an interesting read. It will upset many, but I think it is fair and balanced.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-brilliant-war-must-careful-not-let-football/
Regardless of whether his great work outside football is hampering his game or not, it’s pretty clear something is badly amiss. I expect a volley of responses about his goal record to date and his rapid acceleration to his position in the senior squad today, which is all accurate and fair.
My concern is about his current and future contribution to the team, though. He’s not doing enough currently to warrant a starting place, in my view and maybe a football reality check on the bench would do him some good. Let’s try some of the new talent waiting in the wings.

Last edited:

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Can’t wait for the “he’s still injured “ sympathy post
I hate to be ‘that’ person but, do you think he might actually be injured?

I’m actually being serious, he’s been rank rotten for weeks now, seems to actually be very lazy in his pressing, I’d love to see the stats but Cavani looks like he puts in double the shift that Rashford does when he’s on the pitch. Somethings not right anyway, he needs a bit of time out the side I think because it’s just not working for him at the moment.

TrustInOle

It's always been a hard to work out how good he actually is, for me anyway, he just seems to flit in and out of looking great to bad so easily.
This. Said it in the Rashford and Martial thread, they both hugely struggle with consistency, we have seen what they can do in a number of purple patches. It's why having someone like Cavani around to for a couple of years will be hugely beneficial to them, but most importantly the team.

I have faith they will still come good.

Deery

Dreary
Some of you guys need to catch yourself on he’s probably our best forward and scores quite a lot for not being a typical striker.

Eugenius

He fell down a poor path following Lingard and his silly antics. Then, he got himself back on track and over the last 12 months seemed to be on the right track. Now he's back in a poor position. He doesn't seem anywhere near hungry enough (That can be said about Martial too tbh) Compare them to Fernandes and Cavani and its night and day. I worry Solskjaer is too quiet a guy to change this in him.
Antics? Not hungry enough?

I'm not sure what you're alluding to, but the only issue is his inconsistent decision making on the pitch and lack of ability in tight spaces. No need to insinuate non-existent behavioural issues.

Josep Dowling

I think he’s been poor for a while. Can’t seem to control the ball in important moment, sloppy passing. Always take the extra touch when not needed.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Just rest him against fulham. not even on the bench. Then bring him back against arsenal.

Falcow

This, a million times this. Rashford is the most infuriatingly frustrating player I've ever seen at united. He was abysmal today and has been abysmal for months. Give me Nani any day of the week.

Rashford is good coming off the bench but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.