5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

layzie702

I rarely ever post on here always more entertained reading other comments but the frustration today has forced me to post.

He feeds children but leaves players starving for the ball, he should had passed to Cavani 1000%

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol: a U12 kid could have slid Cavani in sooner with a simple ball that would have left him one on one with Allison. The worship of this player is what's stupidly over the top.
Some may be fans of him due to off the field stuff which I understand. They probably can't seperate the person from the player. The person is world class. The player was atrocious today.

The offsides, the missed passes, the running into traffic..

Last edited:

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Why didn't he play in Cavani? I really can't understand why he'd choose to run into a crowded defence instead of playing in Cavani. I couldn't believe it.

UncleBob

Fabinho isnt standing still here, hes matching Cavani. A through ball is cut out by the faster Fabinho.
We need a clip. Cavani takes away the defender and its 1 on 1. Thats what hes meant to do and why he cuts across.
I have no idea how you've managed to get things this badly wrong.
Fabinho is constantly looking at Rashford, he barely has any idea what's going on behind him with Cavani running into space, doesn't look anywhere else than Rashford.

All Rashford has to do is play the ball in behind Fabinho for Cavani to be one on one just outside the box with Allison at the fecking penalty spot...Cavani has plenty of time for a finish from that position, even with Robertson trying to catch up.

The decision making is fecking awful

CM

I've noticed he holds onto the ball for far too long recently. It's like he's dribbling hoping the defender will make a mistake or over commit rather than being decisive himself.

Swiss_Red89

Huh? now people are back to make Rashford a scapegoat after this game? Yes i think he should have played Cavani in but i'm not sure that Cavani would have been one on one because Fabinho was anticipating the pass already, it was really good defending from Fabinho.

Other than that Rashford was no worse than the rest of the offensive players on the pitch imo. Good play for the Bruno chance.

The idea was clear, Ole played him up top to bring him through on goal with his movement and speed but unfortunately it didn't work out because the passes were either a bit too long or our midfielder didnt have the time to play the pass because of Liverpools high pressing.

PoTMS

No one is making a scapegoat out of him. But people are calling a spade a spade. He was really bad today. Worst player on the pitch today after Bruno.

UncleBob

Huh? now people are back to make Rashford a scapegoat after this game? Yes i think he should have played Cavani in but i'm not sure that Cavani would have been one on one because Fabinho was anticipating the pass already, it was really good defending from Fabinho.

Other than that Rashford was no worse than the rest of the offensive players on the pitch imo. Good play for the Bruno chance.

The idea was clear, Ole played him up top to bring him through on goal with his movement and speed but unfortunately it didn't work out because the passes were either a bit too long or our midfielder didnt have the time to play the pass because of Liverpools high pressing.
It didn't work because he was constantly in a fecking offside position.

cyberman

I think when he initially got on the ball there was an option to play it to Cavani, whether he could have got away from Fabinho with the ball is another matter although might have drawn a foul. I thought the better option though if Rashford looked up, was a pass to Pogba who could have played it first time to Cavani who'd found space.

In general though Rashford is definitely not playing well and making some odd attacking choices. Doesn't help though that Bruno and Martial are both off form as well! I think some of this is individual issues but I also personally think as a unit we're not clicking in the way we could be.
I think he should have passed it to Pogba when Fabinho reacts to what Cavani is trying but hes driving Henderson back into his own box so I dont blame him in trying to take it on but when he does he has to get the shot away.
All of this pass it wide to Pogba etc gets too deep in the weeds, thats not where the great chance was and the ball probably gets recycled through midfield again like it did all game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Love Rashford, think he’s got the ability to be anything.....but....he’s becoming very lazy.

InfiniteBoredom

I can forgive his poor touches and offsides, it’s not easy to play CF for this team, in a fixture like this, especially when you haven’t played it regularly for a long while.

His decision (or non-decision) to go for glory instead of passing to Cavani was really bad though. It’s a recurring theme at this point, and I don’t think he’s ever gonna change and play with his head up in key moments like that.

UncleBob

I think he should have passed it to Pogba when Fabinho reacts to what Cavani is trying but hes driving Henderson back into his own box so I dont blame him in trying to take it on but when he does he has to get the shot away.
All of this pass it wide to Pogba etc gets too deep in the weeds, thats not where the great chance was and the ball probably gets recycled through midfield again like it did all game.
Fabinho isn't reacting to what Cavani is doing, he's reacing to what Rashford is doing, he always did.

Jackal

No one is making a scapegoat out of him. But people are calling a spade a spade. He was really bad today. Worst player on the pitch today after Bruno.
I am guessing that was why Bruno was pissed he was the one taking off.

Bruno would have made that pass to Cavani. Rashford took it towards the corner flag.

Ash_G

Maybe, and look I appreciate it's hard to think in the moment but I think he was right not to make the initial pass to Cavani but there was a moment when had he passed to Pogba then I think he finds Cavani on his own in box although I could be remembering it wrong! Agree though that once Rashford decides to go solo then he needs to more than he did.

Red00012

Why didn't he play in Cavani? I really can't understand why he'd choose to run into a crowded defence instead of playing in Cavani. I couldn't believe it.
Because he’s a brain dead footballer I’ve come to realise .

Crash course in staying onside at half time didn’t even work .

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I can forgive his poor touches and offsides, it’s not easy to play CF for this team, in a fixture like this, especially when you haven’t played it regularly for a long while.

His decision (or non-decision) to go for glory instead of passing to Cavani was really bad though. It’s a recurring theme at this point, and I don’t think he’s ever gonna change and play with his head up in key moments like that.
This is something that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. He seems to play with instinct and we've seen many examples of him taking the hard option rather than giving a sensible pass or another touch. He needs better coaching here I think.

GlasgowCeltic

He's got it in him to be world class but it's starting to come across like he doesn't work as hard as he used to, also think he probably needs some proper Pep-with-Sterling style coaching to take his next few steps forward.

Devil may care

I know he was kept on because he can produce something out of nothing but he was really poor today, missed a good chance near the end to play Cavani in I felt.

thepolice123

I thought Cavani was well covered by Fabinho. He delayed the play enough for Robertson to get back and cover. The right decision would have been to pass to Pogba and attack the box.

The first half chance when he tried to outpace Henderson instead of squaring the ball to Martial was criminal. Need a clip of that chance. I'm not sure whether was Martial offside.

UncleBob

Maybe, and look I appreciate it's hard to think in the moment but I think he was right not to make the initial pass to Cavani but there was a moment when had he passed to Pogba then I think he finds Cavani on his own in box although I could be remembering it wrong! Agree though that once Rashford decides to go solo then he needs to more than he did.
How ? Why ? Explain.

Fabinho is only looking at Rashford, Robertson is trying to catch up with Cavani but at the time being he's blocking the path Rashford wants to go into so there's no fecking room for Rashford. The situation dictates one solution, pass the fecking ball to the teammate that's about to run into open space for a one on one

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very poor, had his moments too but overall had poor game just like our every attacker.

Should have played pass to Cavani and completely messed it up.

The Oracle

The amount of times he is offside is absolutely frustrating.

For those saying it's because certain midfielders hold on to the ball for an extra second before releasing it, is a lame excuse.

Rashford isn't timing his runs correctly, and that is on him, nobody else.
I posted the above 10 days ago.

Rashford really needs to go back to basics and learn the offside rule. He was offside 4 times in the first half, and then in the second half he was offside on a corner... absolutely pathetic from him.

Moonis

I am the only one who thought Rashford should have been subbed instead of Martial?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
How ? Why ? Explain.

Fabinho is only looking at Rashford, Robertson is trying to catch up with Cavani but at the time being he's blocking the path Rashford wants to go into so there's no fecking room for Rashford. The situation dictates one solution, pass the fecking ball to the teammate that's about to run into open space for a one on one

It's embarrassing he didn't pass it, worst case you pass to Pogba and he finds that pass, in no circumstances does he keep running away from goal.

He can't beat players through dribbling, he can win in raw-pace. Shoulder to Shoulder like that running diagonally Rashford will never win. All he will ever do is slow down and lose the ball. Utterly bizarre his decision making today, if he can't run in behind it feels like he won't score.

Rashford will cost United titles, big semi-finals and finals with his decision making.

United aren't going for top 4 anymore, the club aren't just aiming to get out of a group stage, or get to a semi-final.

Manchester United should be winning Champions Leagues, and League Titles.

When you are 81 minutes into a game and your striker is free to curl one into the far corner if you slip him in, then pass the ball to him.

Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Solskjaer, Saha, Smith, struggling to think of a United forward of the past who wouldn't pick that pass out.

Now other teams can gain on United because of his lack of awareness.

He's come through a LVG and Mourinho team where getting into the CL was enough. United should be trying to win every game, really frustrating.

The other day he got a deflection in a similar position and it went in, but he was selfish in that situation too. Solskjaer surely is in his ear about these things (we'd hope).

Ash_G

How ? Why ? Explain.

TBH I hadn't seen a replay so was just going off memory. Looking at those screenshots then clearly looks like he might have got Cavani in (which I did say in my first post) but you never know if Robertson covers or Fabinho (who's clearly reacted to Rashford's movement in the 2nd picture). Whilst I don't disagree that he certainly had an option to pass to Cavani, I don't think it's a massive error for Rashford to use Cavani as a decoy, but once he had realised he wasn't going anywhere himself I think he should have passed it to Pogba, who I think, again from memory, would have been able to put an easy pass to Cavani in.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
I thought Cavani was well covered by Fabinho. He delayed the play enough for Robertson to get back and cover. The right decision would have been to pass to Pogba and attack the box.

The first half chance when he tried to outpace Henderson instead of squaring the ball to Martial was criminal. Need a clip of that chance. I'm not sure whether was Martial offside.
Cavani wasn't well covered, he would have been through one-on-one. Cavani was accelerating into space while Fabinho was still looking backwards. There's no way he would have caught Cavani before Cavani got the ball. If you play it frame-by-frame you'll see what I mean.

And you're right, Rashford didn't pass to Martial when he should have in the first half. That was another shocking decision. The worrying thing is that this seems to be recurring pattern with Rashford. I honestly don't think he's either able to see obvious passes or he's just unwilling to play them.

once he had realised he wasn't going anywhere himself I think he should have passed it to Pogba, who I think, again from memory, would have been able to put an easy pass to Cavani in.
That was completely inexplicable as well. It's hard to imagine what he was thinking.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's at a point now where if you paused the game well before we get to that point, I'd expect Rashford to feck it up. That's not good.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Cavani wasn't well covered, he would have been through one-on-one. Cavani was accelerating into space while Fabinho was still looking backwards. There's no way he would have caught Cavani before Cavani got the ball. If you play it frame-by-frame you'll see what I mean.

And you're right, Rashford didn't pass to Martial when he should have in the first half. That was another shocking decision. The worrying thing is that this seems to be recurring pattern with Rashford. I honestly don't think he's either able to see obvious passes or he's just unwilling to play them.
I think Rashford honestly is a pace-merchant. He's great in a counter attacking team but he's not one to dribble past 2-3 players. If he's released on the half way line and he can beat a high press he's going to hurt opponents.

I really doubt if United ever transitioned to a possession based team he would be effective, he needs to be running in behind or he just doesn't have it.

If he's running at a defender driving them back and he has options both sides he won't pick the right option, he probably will ignore both and shoot.

Steven-UK

Overrated
100% overrated. He still plays like a youth player.

Can you imagine what Cavani was thinking when he didn't pass to him?

Rashford is the type of player that will lose his team the Champions League final because he wouldn't be scoring the winning goal himself. And Martial is of a similar ilk

He will never change, which means we'll get nowhere with that type of player leading the line.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
How ? Why ? Explain.

I misjudged your post last time so I'll say it - I don't get your point.

Fabinho's positioning is 10/10 and blocking the pass in both images.

thepolice123

That was completely inexplicable as well. It's hard to imagine what he was thinking.

This was the only area where he could have played the pass. Fabinho was 100% expecting it. There is no way Cavani is going to beat Fabinho in a foot race to the ball. If the pass goes through Cavani is either going to get ushered wide or intercepted.

stw2022

It was obvious the second he first touched the ball in the move how it was going to end. This single-minded selfishness can be an asset in better players but for a player who constantly shows very little mental, if not technical, progression since he first burst onto the scene, it’s a hindrance.

Someone made the point earlier that now were expecting more from this team he really needs to mature beyond these indulgences. He isn’t a naive young lad finding his way in the world. Yes he’s relatively young but he’s got enough experience now where that sort of thing isn’t expected. Sadly it still is.

I don’t want to pile on the lad but as we grow to demand more from our players and from our front line as expectations to achieve heighten, I’m really very doubtful if he isn’t soon going to prove himself to be quite an average footballer for what we need as we hopefully kick on as a club

He plays like that Little Britain character “write the feem toon, sing the feem toon” he wants to do it all himself too much and he simply isn’t that good to justify that level of selfishness

Silas

I am the only one who thought Rashford should have been subbed instead of Martial?
Martial has better chemistry with Cavani too. Suppose Ole wanted to keep Rashford's pace on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.