Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

The player I dislike the most. Symbol of our time since SAF left.

But today he did very very well. The goal was simple but very well done. He even moved the ball forward a couple of times.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Surprised at all the praise for Fellaini in truth, I thought he was average at best today. Yes he scored a goal, won a few headers and used his strength well, but his abundant lack of mobility and poor positional sense was as evident today as it has been all season long. A decidedly average footballer punching above his weight is all he will ever be whilst he remains at United. Everton is his level and that's me being generous.

FattyFooty

Im a fan of him, that first goal was important. Very important.

Our kids played well, but once again they are having a hard time getting the goals.

He aint going nowhere, we need him. Anyone noticed he several times was NOT in our penalty box during defending. Personally i like him as an dude making trouble inside the 16, but not in ours.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's always been one to score critical goals.

Scorer in both the quarterfinal and semi-final of the cup last season.

We need more of those in this tough period.
I guess none of his past 30 PL appearances had been critical to our season?

BigTimeCharlie

Plays well - Roasted for why we aren't 1st.
Plays bad - Roasted for being a united player.

The guy can't catch a break. I like fellaini and what he offers, for me when we are full strength he doesnt start - neither does Lingard but they are both good squad players. 11 players dont make the difference, a squad of 25 do.

Very happy that most on here aren't match goers.

Philadelphian

Our kids played well, but once again they are having a hard time getting the goals.

He aint going nowhere, we need him. Anyone noticed he several times was NOT in our penalty box during defending. Personally i like him as an dude making trouble inside the 16, but not in ours.
If he ain't goin nowhere AND he continues to feature so much, then we won't be goin anywhere either. Unless about 7 other positions are upgraded. He wouldn't play over Romeu at Southampton, would struggle to get back into Everton and anything else down the line he'd just fit in fine, especially West Brom.

Jaybomb

He can do no right in some peoples minds.

Without him and his goal today, we would be fecked. FACT.

Ashley R1+O

Great performance. Great goal, could be another season where he becomes one of those important players in the run in if he keeps this form up while Pogba is out.

ManUtd1999

The guy can't catch a break. I like fellaini and what he offers, for me when we are full strength he doesnt start - neither does Lingard but they are both good squad players. 11 players dont make the difference, a squad of 25 do.

One reason why I like him is his mental approach. He does well in that aspect and he's not making faces when the manager doesn't pick him. He's happy with what Mourinho gives and ready to play any role that he is asked. Why would I complain about that? If he starts causing troubles for being a substitute then we can talk, but for now he is really handling this very well.

AR87

If he ain't goin nowhere AND he continues to feature so much, then we won't be goin anywhere either. Unless about 7 other positions are upgraded. He wouldn't play over Romeu at Southampton, would struggle to get back into Everton and anything else down the line he'd just fit in fine, especially West Brom.
Fellaini would easily get games at Everton. Obviously he wouldn't get in over Romeu since he doesn't play the same position at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

People seem incapable of understanding that you don't have 25 star players, you have a number of players who can do a job, as per Fellaini.

Smores

I love how all his haters rush in here after any good performance to remind us all he's actually shit :rolleyes:

All our squad players today did well and showed their worth.

JG3001

But of a weird one with Fellaini, I'm hardly his biggest fan, but 3 managers have now seen something in him that a lot of fans can't/won't.

To be fair he is also still playing regularly as an international, so he must be doing something right.

I think it would be useful to keep him as a squad player, doesn't rock the boat, always does what is asked of him, and if used properly, his limited skill set is still very handy in certain game situations.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hes a half decent player when he is played in the opponent box and in a team playing direct football.

Tbf he scored against the prequel version of luke shaw

devilish

But of a weird one with Fellaini, I'm hardly his biggest fan, but 3 managers have now seen something in him that a lot of fans can't/won't.

To be fair he is also still playing regularly as an international, so he must be doing something right.

I think it would be useful to keep him as a squad player, doesn't rock the boat, always does what is asked of him, and if used properly, his limited skill set is still very handy in certain game situations.
Lvg and mou wants him out. The trouble is no one wants him

JG3001

I can maybe agree with you on Mou, but LVG? He seemed to play all the bloody time under him, remember the stint he had as No. 9?!!

Lunacy...

devilish

I can maybe agree with you on Mou, but LVG? He seemed to play all the bloody time under him, remember the stint he had as No. 9?!!

Lunacy...
He was very close to join napoli. Up until they expected us to pay his salary

Philadelphian

He is the average level player at Man United today. Problem is that level is a few levels below the average from 5-10 years ago when we could actually compete for trophies. As the quality of player has dropped, the level of expectation among supporters has as well. To the point where an above average performance feels exceptional when it used to be just average.

The base/average level of player and expectation badly needs to rise again, and as soon as it does, players of Fellaini's level won't be here. If they are they'll be young and on lower wages, as any below average player should be at this club.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He is the average level player at Man United today. Problem is that level is a few levels below the average from 5-10 years ago when we could actually compete for trophies. As the quality of player has dropped, the level of expectation among supporters has as well. To the point where an above average performance feels exceptional when it used to be just average.

The base/average level of player and expectation badly needs to rise again, and as soon as it does, players of Fellaini's level won't be here. If they are they'll be young and on lower wages, as any below average player should be at this club.
We won the last league title 5 years ago with Tom Cleverley a regular in midfield. We reguarly won titles with backups like Darren Gibson and Quinton Fortune as backups might I add.
Do you think if you added Fellaini to Chelseas squad depth they'd be down where we are? :confused: No mate, we've been in a shite league position all season because our ridiculously expensive first 11 havent been getting it done. Over and over and over again.
In a week where this guy does well for us in both games, we find posters still clamouring to find reasons to bash him.

freeurmind

weak willed
I think Fellaini has been decent. He's a good enough squad player, someone who can rotate into the side every now and then. I don't think anyone would deny that his physical attributes are useful, especially in the Premier League. Also he has a tendency to get into the box when the ball is played wide, making himself a threat at crosses as evidenced in the last game. Also I think he was carrying an injury when he first got to United. He looked a lot slower and less mobile early on in the Moyes era. I wouldn't want him starting for the first 11 but he's a decent enough squad player, rotating in every 3 or 4 games.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Think it comforts Mourinho having someone with physical presence around whilst starting Rashford. His late run for his header was fantastic, and this is where he needs to play rather than 40 yards deeper, this is where he's menacing.

sergiosigurvinson

We won, isn' that the most important?
Every player played his part in it, as well as the staff. Why can't we all be happy for the moment?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Weirdos. Two good games in a week and ye're still at it. And that bollocks about our squad players of yesteryear being on a different level. I really have to doubt whether most of ye remember anything pre 2011. Google any season you like and recoil in wonder at some of the names making first team appearances for us. He's a usefu; option to have for us. He cares and he's contributing.

Moiraine

What are you guys talking about, it is simply baffling...

He was an integral part of United's redemption in LVG's first season where United finished strongly, beat Tottenham, Liverpool and City and finished in Top 4. Almost all our attacks were being started with DeGea directly playing to Fellaini and VanGaal himself said that he is doing every thing right and he can not drop him. He also scored some vital goals in that time period.

You guys have such a short memory, don't slate him just because you don't like him. He is a weapon if used Properly.

Xoe

I didn't see anything great in today's performance, apart from a great run & well taken goal. At times his first touch was shocking.
But he was definitely part of a team together that got us 3 huge points.

ChaddyP

kids? was a pretty old team bar rashford

AgentP

All teams need players like him who could chip in with 15-20 starts a season and not complain about being a rotation player. Players like Fellaini, Lingard and Young are not the reason we are outside the top 4. It is our starting XI players that are letting us down. I hope players like Pereira and Tfm will be able to do a similar role for us next season.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Get's so little credit and so much abuse from our fans, really feel for him. He is a limited footballer yes, but since day one worked so hard for this club, gave the best he can even though he doesnt get any recognition. He is limited but has showed many at times that when utilized correctly, he can still prove his worth and add much to the team. He was even topscorer for Belgium for a period above the likes of de Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku etc. He shouldnt be a starter no but Im happy we have him as a squad option and plan B.

ti vu

One of the better & hungrier players this game. If anything he exceeded expectation for me. Baffled but unsurprised to see people criticize him for this game performance...

Z_Wolf

No top club or manager would persist with a player like Fellaini, period. especially not the ones with history and traditions of playing in a certain way. Jose should know that to the fans, how we play is just as important as results. Look at how Liverpool and City played last night for christ sake, they were absolutely delightful.

The United

Agreed completely.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No top club or manager would persist with a player like Fellaini, period. especially not the ones with history and traditions of playing in a certain way. Jose should know that to the fans, how we play is just as important as results. Look at how Liverpool and City played last night for christ sake, they were absolutely delightful.
And yet two managers who'd be described as top managers have both played him and backed him at a top club.

And if there's one club we should not be looking at as an example in any aspect whatsoever its Liverpool.

Duafc

Village Lemon
They pull apart their own players just as much as our 'fans'.

Other than the fact that we have had many, many, many players worse than Feli over the years who didn't get half as much stick (because of who bought him and the decline of United post Fergie).

Feel free to support City or Liverpool though ya yap. I'm sure it'd be absolutely delightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.