Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wc18

Nothing is more indicative of our slide towards obscurity than the number of supporters lining up behind this court jester and the others of similar quality in the current team.
Oh great another person ridiculing people for praising man of the match performances. Fitting you referenced court jester in your post although it doesn't apply to fellaini

Based on his performance Saturday, he should start tonight's game.
Yep

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
what is the point of this fecking turd against teams that sit back, especially in a midfield three.

Minimalist

Predictable performance. Some good, some bad. 5/10, never beyond, usually never below.

Just don't get why he's playing from the start.

dirkey

Pointless player. Losing the midfield battle and he's a huge reason. But because we need a goal, we're stuck with him until the end of the match for his height. Loving moment early on when he just completely left Mirallas run off him, ended up getting a shot off from tight angle.

Sylar

As I said before, our overall play does suffer when hes in the team especially in the midfield role.
For me, he should still be used as a plan B or C against teams we struggle to break down (like we did against Liverpool at home). Id rather see him in the opposition box than deep (meaning he has to help dictate our play)

M Bison

Supports
York City
How he can still be anywhere near a match day squad is beyond me.

Offers absolutely nothing, terrible footballer who should never be seen in a Utd shirt again.

Minimalist

So, we should sell him again now? He was decent a few days ago.
Who the feck has ever seriously suggested we keep him if the opportunity to sell him came up?

Most people are just resigned that he's not going anywhere until the summer at least.

NinjaFletch

Has he ever, and I do genuinely mean ever, had a good game for us when the other team has actually competed for the midfield?

He seems to me to put in his decent performances against teams that have no intention of utilising their midfield.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As long as he is at United, we'll have problems. Seriously. I appreciate he works hard and isn't the only problem, but we won't ever play fluid football or be good to watch with him on the pitch.

SuperiorXI

Has he ever, and I do genuinely mean ever, had a good game for us when the other team has actually competed for the midfield?

He seems to me to put in his decent performances against teams that have no intention of utilising their midfield.
His only good performances for us was that run we had in LVG's season where we smashed all the top teams in a row, it has been downhill from there.

Reactions: Cheesy

El Zoido

Hopefully I jinx him to score an equaliser but he's as poor a footballer I've ever seen in a United shirt. I cannot fathom his popularity amongst our last three managers, I struggle to see any qualities in him that would benefit the team ahead of another player. I seriously think TFM would be a better option.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It can be both, he's put in a solid performance as well as: his solid performances aren't worth the money he's paid nor the position he holds at an elite club. Neither of those are his fault, and I understand he's doing what is asked of him. However, the normalizing and congratulating of someone doing the absolute bare minimum of what any Manchester United player was asked to do over the last 30 odd years is indicative of a drop in expectations from the fans and the club. That his influence has grown over his 4 years might indicate we are still not going in the right direction.

Our unbeaten run can be both impressive, and not impressive at all depending what your expectations are.
Well in that case whether it can be both or not has got nothing to do with what I said. I was talking about how different people react to each others opinions about him. How shit you think his top level is is irrelevant. But as I said, I don't think anyone wants him to be a regular starter.

Basically what you're saying is that we currently can't be pleased about specific players performances, even when they play as good as they can, because there are other players in other clubs that could potentially do it better then them.

AndyJ1985

As I said at the weekend (when he apparently played well, and criticising him was seen as a sin) we aren't going anywhere while we have mediocre players like him in our team. He isn't solely to blame for us being crap, but he's a part of the reason we're crap. He's never going to be a part of a free-flowing, high-scoring, and exciting team that's fighting for major trophies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
As I said at the weekend (when he apparently played well, and criticising him was seen as a sin) we aren't going anywhere while we have mediocre players like him in our team. He isn't solely to blame for us being crap, but he's a part of the reason we're crap. He's never going to be a part of a free-flowing, high-scoring, and exciting team that's fighting for major trophies.
Says a lot, fellaini playing well..we have degraded so badly that his type of thug football looks good. And yet the manager keeps persisting with him. We can't raise levels when we keep hold of these mediocre players.

dirkey

That was pretty impressive from him to get that one over the bar from there.

Untied

One of my least favourite signings of all time, simply for the horrible influence he has inclusion in the side has had on our style of play.

Roboc7

Embarrassing performance and couldn't even be bothered to defend the corner, was useless in midfield and up front, should have played with ten men and joke he wasn't subbed off at half time.

Reddevildans

Absolutely pathetic player. Sick of the sight of him in a united shirt. Just constantly swung at everything without any sense of composure. Get rid of this mess

Status
Not open for further replies.