Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

he's like a cancer to the club, I understand he can contribute sometimes but h just hampers our game, any decent youngster would privded us with better movement in the middle of the pitchand creativity and better touch

bucky

he's like a cancer to the club, I understand he can contribute sometimes but h just hampers our game, any decent youngster would privded us with better movement in the middle of the pitchand creativity and better touch
Is that really necessary?

Ashley R1+O

He's performed well while Pogba's been out, another decent outing this morning. Pogba is back now so should go straight back onto the bench for Sunderland unless Carrick can't play for some reason. Commendable contribution.

He's a decent backup option but for some reason our managers keep falling for keeping him in there as a just in case plan a isn't working. Ruins our play every time.

He must look like Messi in training.

Web of Bissaka

I understand the frustrations and agree with the good criticisms of Fellaini, :nervous:still - there's no need to insult Fellaini to such kinds of degree with very offensive labels being attach to him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I've tried to defend him in the past, but it's getting harder and harder. It's not that Saturday or yesterday was particularly bad, but it's about as good as it gets with him, and that's the problem.

Imo, i think hes decent defensively, he wins some balls, gets stuck inn is a aerial presence in our box, but going forward he offers very little.

AndyJ1985

He's performed well while Pogba's been out, another decent outing this morning. Pogba is back now so should go straight back onto the bench for Sunderland unless Carrick can't play for some reason. Commendable contribution.
You must be getting us confused with Stoke if you think Fellaini's performances have been decent. Some people have proper low standards for our club, it's embarrassing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's a decent backup option but for some reason our managers keep falling for keeping him in there as a just in case plan a isn't working. Ruins our play every time.

He must look like Messi in training.
Thats because we've got one hell of a hole in the DM role (some people still think that Carrick has the legs to keep on playing) and he's got the most attributes to play in that role.

red4ever 79

It's not his fault the managers keep picking him. Wonder if he ever went to the Utd museum and looked at the pictures of our past cm's Scholes, Keane, Robson or when he sees dear old Bobby after the games. Wonder how he feels knowing that he is a manchester united cm just like those.

MILLHILLMANC

Never a united player. Never has been never will be. Offers nothing. Legacy of Moyes. Why mourinho persists - as someone else said the man must be a mix of ronaldo and messi in training with Roy Keane leadership qualities

Coops73

I just don't understand what he offers as a player, I'd like to think his height gave you an option but I swear he loses more headers than he wins.

Dante

Average bang
Never a united player. Never has been never will be. Offers nothing. Legacy of Moyes. Why mourinho persists - as someone else said the man must be a mix of ronaldo and messi in training with Roy Keane leadership qualities
Maybe you don't understand football as well as you think.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He wasn't anywhere near the worst in the pitch (rarely is tbf) but Fellaini should not be anywhere near the starting 11 for us, or any team that dominates possession and needs to break down sides that look to sit deep and frustrate.

Bewildering how he keeps getting a game. He just doesn't fit, and doesn't look like fitting either.

If he's not gonna play as a holder then I'd much rather give almost anyone else a game instead.

Thats because we've got one hell of a hole in the DM role (some people still think that Carrick has the legs to keep on playing) and he's got the most attributes to play in that role.
Fellaini doesn't play the DM role when Carrick is on the pitch. It doesn't matter though, when we lack a good DM, it's up to the manager to find a different system that works. Fellaini as DM/CM doesn't just not work, it also restricts our other midfielders around him.

Ace of Spades

He was very poor today, even at defending from set pieces which is supposed to be one of his strengths. He was at fault for losing Williams for that goal.

Anyone else notice it was his man who ran completely free in the box to set up their goal? Costs us in some way every game.

MILLHILLMANC

Maybe you don't understand football as well as you think.
Oh I do. I know that Fellaini is not good enough for United. I'm not sure mourinho is either? Far too conservative. But hey if you like paying a fortune to go to old Trafford to watch him play one up front weekly and drawing games 0-0 then he is perfect

stevoc

Anyone else notice it was his man who ran completely free in the box to set up their goal? Costs us in some way every game.
Pretty sure everyone noticed, defending corners and set-pieces is one of his strengths apparently. Thats 4 points against Everton alone after the penalty at Goodison.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Can't fault him for effort or attitude but christ almighty it's painful seeing him in your midfield. Cumbersome, turns slower than a tanker and becomes an ineffective target man for every player on the pitch by default.

Gopher Brown

I'm sure we've all said this many, many times, but he should only ever be an 80th minute sub, and only used when we're losing and we've tried everything else. His usefulness for 10min at the end of games is not worth 80min of him stinking up the place. He should only be ever be played as a striker.

darko

I have been saying this since the day they bought him. Other than being a big body, what is he actually good at? He's even a lousy offensive header of the ball. They couldn't get rid of him soon enough for me.

shield

I like him, but when used as a midfielder, whatever he does is just so minimum. He will cover the defence, provide a passing option, win some headers and will jog to the box a few times but that is about it. Nothing he does ever stands out and he can never be depended upon to get us goal out of nothing or produce a moment of brilliance to give us a lead when the team is struggling for ideas. We need to be satisfied with absolute minimum with him there.

At the start of the season, I had really hoped that we would buy another midfielder along with Pogba, just so that we have another option along with Fellaini whenever we a first teamer is injured.

Now that we are having to rotate and seeing that Pogba has not actually hit the ground running, we need to get used to seeing him in our team for the rest of our matches.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm sure we've all said this many, many times, but he should only ever be an 80th minute sub, and only used when we're losing and we've tried everything else. His usefulness for 10min at the end of games is not worth 80min of him stinking up the place. He should only be ever be played as a striker.
Agree.

Shouldn't be starting for United.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Genuine question: what do managers see that we dont?

Because there is almost unprecedented consensus among United fans that him starting in the middle is detrimental to the team, and yet 2 pretty clever managers persist.

I'd rather see almost anyone there. Stick Ibra back there. Bring Valencia into the middle. Let Blind play his Ajax position. Stick Romero in goal and let Big Dave have a go. Anything.

It makes no sense. He doesn't score, he doesn't tackle he can't pass, he can't run and we seem to concede more set piece goals with him in than when he's not.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Because there is almost unprecedented consensus among United fans that him starting in the middle is detrimental to the team, and yet 2 pretty clever managers persist.

I'd rather see almost anyone there. Stick Ibra back there. Bring Valencia into the middle. Let Blind play his Ajax position. Stick Romero in goal and let Big Dave have a go. Anything.

It makes no sense. He doesn't score, he doesn't tackle he can't pass, he can't run and we seem to concede more set piece goals with him in than when he's not.
Physicality and aerial ability would be my guess.

tomaldinho1

Bit strong but he is damaging our game and reputation. Can you imagine any of the clubs above us playing Fellaini in their teams? He wouldn't get a kick at a top club.

Mourinho wants to build us into a top club again and I get we don't have the personnel in some positiona but Fellaini was playing like an attacking mid last night and we have good players there. I just don't get it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not worth 100k and nearly 30m. He was our third most expensive signing ever when we signed him right? Or fourth?

Mata, Berbatov and Rio cost more? Did Veron?

On topic, he can make a contribution occasionally. Very occasionally. But it isn't worth the totally inability to shift the ball through midfield whenever he plays, it isn't worth the hoof ball we end up playing because trying to play through the midfield hasn't worked (which he himself is a big factor of).

His few positives do not outweigh the negatives.

bucky

I think having a player that doesn't complain when he's benched, who's training hard and is doing exactly what the manager wants him to do is rare (oftentimes I wonder whether he actually does what managers want him to do, because positionally he looks clueless). Issue is, we need more players that have a problem with being benched, because they should think of themselves as too good for the bench. Well and the obvious plan b, but I'd rather replace him with a striker who's actually good at getting at the end of crosses.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Agreed apart from should never come on when we're chasing a goal. Godsend for the opposition; slows us down, breaks up play with fouls and makes our play 100x more predictable.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm a little worried Mourinho seems to have a tremendous amount of faith in him.

Why can't 3 different managers see he is terrible.

prath92

I'm a little worried Mourinho seems to have a tremendous amount of faith in him.

Why can't 3 different managers see he is terrible.
Yeah why can't 2 different top managers see he is shit like I do, when I have zero football management skills :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"We need him in the side to defend corners."

Bah. Someone needs to gif that Jagielka goal and the Williams header that made it.

He's a waste of space.

Ixion

Useless. After every game "he wasn't the worst on the pitch at least" like he deserves a gold star for that. The reason he never comes across as the worst player is because he's hiding for most of the game, most of the other players at least try to create things and make something happen but Fellaini just wanders around aimlessly unless we're lumping up balls to him. He's the only player that gets a free-pass every game for not contributing to our attack.

Gopher Brown

Not worth 100k and nearly 30m. He was our third most expensive signing ever when we signed him right? Or fourth?

Mata, Berbatov and Rio cost more? Did Veron?

On topic, he can make a contribution occasionally. Very occasionally. But it isn't worth the totally inability to shift the ball through midfield whenever he plays, it isn't worth the hoof ball we end up playing because trying to play through the midfield hasn't worked (which he himself is a big factor of).

His few positives do not outweigh the negatives.
Veron was £28m. I think Fellaini was £27.5m. Rooney was probably about that in the end with his add-ons.

Even if Fellaini cost 30p and a jam sandwich he's overpriced - because he adds nothing to our team.

It doesn't matter if a player costs £100m or £2m, if they're not good enough, they're not good enough.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah why can't 2 different top managers see he is shit like I do, when I have zero football management skills :lol:
Mate every United fan thinks he's shit yet the people that matter can't........ it's fecking annoying he must have nudes of Jose and LVG that's the only reason he keeps getting picked

ravi2

Wtf... I get so irritated seeing Fellaini start and play the whole game for United. It makes no sense.
I wonder what he does in training to warrant that.

He stinks up the play almost every time he gets the ball, not sure what game you were watching

prath92

Mate every United fan thinks he's shit yet the people that matter can't........ it's fecking annoying he must have nudes of Jose and LVG that's the only reason he keeps getting picked
Or they understand that he has his uses and that he is a decent player?

Status
Not open for further replies.