Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

I'm hoping for white text, yesterday was a given situation as was arsenal as was the last minute pen he gave away, he's useless
Sometimes there are players I don't rate but I see some qualities in them that make it evident why some people like them. I see nothing in Fellaini that warrants him a place in any PL football team. If he was a top trump he would only be good for 'height'.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sometimes there are players I don't rate but I see some qualities in them that make it evident why some people like them. I see nothing in Fellaini that warrants him a place in any PL football team. If he was a top trump he would only be good for 'height'.
Although if he got a haircut you would find he is actually only 5ft 1

led_scholes

I made no reference to better as all those players have different attributes. My point was those players were equally criticised by fans about their qualities and whether we're Utd quality. Those might want to have selective memories but this I remember as fact.

Despite anyone's opinion of his abilities, I seem to share mine with a manager that's already proven to be one of the best in the world and who's achievements already probably won't be surpassed. Who do you and others on here share yours with???
From them Fletcher was the one who was criticized the most. But as i said he was criticised when he was 20-21. After and for a period for 3 years pre illness he wasn t a squad player but one of the first names in the sheet. Do you expect Fellaini to improve like Fletcher did? O' Shea proved that he wasnt a first team player. When he was we were the third team in the island. But o shea had his uses as he could play all the positions.

LvG used to play Rooney at all costs. Did that mean that Rooney was United quality? Do you believe that the managers are always right? Do you think that Liam Miller, Djemba x2 and many others that Ferguson trusted were United quality? Also, the last 3 managers that shared your opinion, Moyes, LvG and Wilmots failed miserably and Fellaini was one of the reasons.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Shows bottle and fight? come on. Look we all admire gritty players at United who probably lack top tier talent but are happy to do the ugly things in football.. but the guy has proven himself a liability time and time again whenever we want him to do the 'ugly' stuff.

If anything I find him alot more useful when we are a goal down and he comes on as a goal threat, but whenever he is relied upon to carry out defensive duties he is too often a liability and therefore I see him as a pointless player to keep around as a squad option.

Better to get in better ball players who can contribute to attack or get in some proper defensively minded midfielders who you can trust to see out a game i.e. Jon Obi Mikel in his prime.

Fellaini for me is the opposite of a reliable squad player.

dirkey

Not sure if this was posted - this thread moving so fast I haven't time to go back through it but:

“Marouane says that it’s a red card because it’s Marouane. He is frustrated.

“He says that with another player it would probably not be a red card."

Honestly. Go screw yourself Marouane. You're an idiot. Own up to your own stupidity and mistake.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
5th place, few key matches to the end of the campaign and uncalled suspension because he's a plonker. Useful squad player my arse.

He never had one consistent season in United and he's 29 by the way. Learned absolutely feck all through these years.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
5th place, few key matches to the end of the campaign and uncalled suspension because he's a plonker. Useful squad player my arse.

He never had one consistent season in United and he's 29 by the way. Learned absolutely feck all through these years.
Can you name many players in our squad that you would say has been consistent over the last few years? Maybe De Gea, maybe Valencia, not many others. Yes he was stupid yesterday but he has been decent for us since he signed and just as consistent as most of our other players.

dirkey

Can you name many players in our squad that you would say has been consistent over the last few years? Maybe De Gea, maybe Valencia, not many others. Yes he was stupid yesterday but he has been decent for us since he signed and just as consistent as most of our other players.
No he hasn't. He's been temporarily decent, at times. Has the odd few games in a row where he plays well. Generally he's been below average, to at times, absolutely horrific and point costing. Can you point me to another player, in that time, who has single handedly cost us as many points? Honestly, I don't think De Gea has even been as directly responsible for goals in the way Fellaini has.

Overall he's a below average squad player. Please God he's gone in the summer.

settembrini

He never had one consistent season in United and he's 29 by the way.
We really need to sell him in the summer. Get some money now before he can leave on a free. We've had his prime (lol) years and he's not been good enough, be a huge mistake to keep him for his decline. Especially with Pereira ready and waiting.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Which hasn't been good enough, most of the players that were there when he signed have been moved on and new players brought in. His time is up.
He is useful to us now as we don't really have options, and he can do a "job".

He is imobile, he is not a good passer, he isn't good enough technically, he can be a nuisance sometimes but overall he is useless.
If Pogba and Herrera are not playing he offers ZERO creativity in the midfield and his defensive positioning isn't good enough either.
His squad place should be taken up by Pereira and a new midfielder brought in who can offer defensive cover.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not sure if this was posted - this thread moving so fast I haven't time to go back through it but:

“Marouane says that it’s a red card because it’s Marouane. He is frustrated.

“He says that with another player it would probably not be a red card."

Honestly. Go screw yourself Marouane. You're an idiot. Own up to your own stupidity and mistake.
Yeah, that is garbage from him. Aguero certainly played him, but looking at the replay, It does look like it is a bit more than the usual two-heads-touching. There is certainly a headbutting motion. It's a red card even if the adorable Juan Mata did it.

I think he is better than he often gets credit for, but he has let us down. As much as I think he can be slightly underrated, I'd still rather we didn't have him. Unfortunately, it looks like Mourinho likes him. I'd be surprised if he's sold in the summer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Reputations don't build up from thin air. Fellaini had earned his reputation so he cannot cry foul whenever that reputation is used against him. Its a matter of whether United feels fit to have a player within his midst who will lose out at any 50-50 referees decisions. Keane was worth it. Cantona was worth it. Beckham was worth it. Is Fellaini worth it?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's like the Trump of footballers. He's lowered the bar so far that we're tricked into giving him credit for doing basic, non-stupid, lowest common demominator football things.

The fact he did something stupid that could've cost us the game is basically a one over par game from him at this point (par being "general uselessness, a needless yellow, but just sort of there in a non-damaging way" and one under par being "brought the ball down well in the build up to a couple of attacks")...So after 3 years of this shit, we're conditioned to think his inability to play good passing football is something we're daft to expect from a £30m semi-regular Man Utd player.
Exactly!

He's lasted 3 managers and 4 years and in that time people seem to have become blind to just how much he limits the entire team.

He's like the worst behaved kid in class at junior school. You put hours of effort into a piece of artwork or story just to get a gold star from the teacher, then he gets 2 gold stars just for going a lesson without stabbing anyone with a pair of scissors.

Also, you say semi regular, but he's actually made the fifth most appearances out of anyone this season. Behind only De Gea, Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Rashford (who has probably played less minutes than Fellaini). That's absolutely mad to me...the guy can't pass a fecking football and yet plays in our midfield regularly, year after year.

I've said it before but as long as we're relying on players like this, who can't perform a basic function, the entire team has a glass ceiling, because no matter how good or talented the other players might be, the team is always limited to what it as a team, can and can't do.

If Rashford makes 5 really good, well timed runs in a game to get through, and each time, Fellaini can't pass him the ball, it's the same as Rashford making 0 runs. Last night this is literally what happened.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Jonny Evans was a squad player. Left the club and Rojo came, Bailly after that.

Danny Welbeck was a squad player. Left the club, Martial came, Rashford after that.

Schneiderlin was a squad player. Left the club, Pogba came, hopefully someone will come in the summer.

Iconsistent squad players are leaving the club. Fellaini was signed because of pressure caused by comedy of incompetence in a summer window. Sure he was stupid yesterday, twice against Everton this season, against Newcastle season ago where he was attempting clearance, ball went straight to opponent and another uncalled result emerged, no Champions League football, goodbye LvG.

It's not an educated guess, it's the same story every season when Moyes became first post Fergie manager. Even Moyesy couldn't adapt Fellaini to United system and he knew him better than anyone else.

Oaencha

He needs to go this summer. The only aspect of his game where he is useful is height. He is average at best in everything else. The main issue is without Pogba and Ibra our midfield and attack are all quite small. He needs to ideally be replaced with a player 6ft 2 plus who has strength and actual passing and technical ability.

Hojoon

He's useful defending set pieces with his height but as a CM he's really poor.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yeah but why did he give that cnut a chance to do what he does? He completely lost it. It was pretty obvious he was going to do something dumb right after he started chasing Agüero. We all know a player like Agüero will sense this and use this for his own good. I don't hate Fellaini, as a matter of fact, I am closer to a sympathetic side recently. That said, I just can't accept his actions yesterday. He could have costed us a very valuable point.
Yeah I can't either but no one is paying enough attention to how big of a cnut Aguero was and I suspect it's because of how loved he is on this forum

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is my biggest issue with him. It's criminal that a midfielder cannot spot that run, especially one that plays for Man Utd. I have never seen him play a creative pass...Never!

3KDré

This is my biggest issue with him. It's criminal that a midfielder cannot spot that run, especially one that plays for Man Utd. I have never seen him play a creative pass...Never!
The thing is though, our fans are so used to it from him that they excuse it. I admire his work ethic and his willingness to listen to the manager and everything but my God I just never want to see him play against a top team for us again.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Look at Rashfords reaction, says it all.

shield

Thought he played quite well.

Silly red, but it was not for a despicable tackle or anything. Usually with a straight red card, you see the player doing something terrible but in this case it was more stupid than anything. He did not even do anything that malicious, but the action was wrong the decision to red card him was correct.

However, apart from that, thought he was was playing quite well. Had Pogba been around, Fellaini and Herrera could have complimented him so that we might have even got something out of this match. On his own though, and with his co-midfielders sitting so deep, he got very isolated and it is too much to ask him to run the ball out of the defense and mount a counteroffensive.

Without him and with the Pogba injury (and TFM), we are is bit of trouble. Carrick - Herrera will have to perform now.

EDIT: So, just saw this

Think I was too lenient in my assessment :D. That does sum up his abilities. Can do a job but very limited on the ball.

I just froze the video to the point just before he made the sideways pass to Martial, and the situation is identical to the Herrera through ball to Rashford in the Chelsea match. He could have easily slipped Rashford a through ball but chose not to because of his passing limitations.

We will have to upgrade his position next year.

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My 12-year-old nephew was even moaning about his lack of vision. He truly is dreadful with the ball at his feet.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Even worse is that the eventual pass he did play was hardly a safe one either, and almost ended up costing us possession anyway!:lol:

ZAGREB RED

What scares me is that Jose clearly likes him. He'll probably even get a new contract at some point. :(
Agreed, Mourinho seems to like him, and I don't think he will be leaving. What I dislike about him most is you always have to make a case for him and try and view him in a glass half-full way. Basically, he isn't good enough to be a Man United player.

MattyB1986

Never a CM for a team with CL aspirations..
Only times he's ever looked useful and not a liability waiting to happen is when we are either 80 mins into a 0-0 or a goal down at the same time point and we bring him on to cut through the lines against defensive sides to lump it onto his chest to try and gain something in the oppositions box.

Reactions: Penna

dirkey

I texted my mate about this the minute it happened yesterday saying "How does he not play that through pass to Rashford". I like his reply, it sums the lump up to be honest:
"Because he's too focused on looking down at ball. He gets disorientated when he still has possession after two touches"

ike

@dirkey your friend has a good point. I felt this was also a reason we had trouble moving the ball out of midfield yesterday. City were closing him down and he often lost possession or made a bad pass etc. Really could of used Pogba yesterday.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is the exact moment I lost my shit completely with him. It was the third time he'd done it, but on this occasion the run is literally right in front of his face and it isn't even a difficult ball.

Not only does he refuse to try and play the pass, but the one he does play is unbelievably fecking shite, and then he runs off so Martial has no one to give it back to.

He's literally making things more difficult for his team mates than anyone on the opposition team is there. Even a crap midfielder can attempt an obvious pass and run to the right place. Fellaini almost never manages to do either.

It's unbelievable to me that people watch this and come to the conclusion he's "doing a job"...players who are in the team to do a job, even limited ones, can still pass a football, or at least try. Darren Fletcher would have played the pass, even Phil Neville would have played the pass. These are plaers we used to use to "do a job". You literally have to go down to lower midtable teams before you find any other player, at any other club, who's as limited as Fellaini and plays as often as him.

I said West Brom earlier, but all of their midfielders are better at being midfielders than Fellaini. He'd only fit in there because Pulis likes hoofball.

dichinero

What we are is lucky that none of his thuggery and clumsiness has cost us a lot.

markorm

I think everyone's being a bit harsh on him.

It was a stoopid mistake, but clearly he was fired up and he saw red. If you watch the video, Aguero was just about to force his head towards the big fella as well, he just had a little bit further upward, and the looking down thing kind of gave Marouane momentum.

I'm not making excuses for the red, it was a red and he deserves it. He didn't play well all game and this probably has led to him being wound up to begin with.

But it's not comfortable reading some of the vitriolic comments about him. He's a hard working, honest footballer. Whether he has a place in the squad is another matter, but I do believe he really does try the hardest he can to put a performance in, sometimes is just doesn't work.

SirScholes

defending set pieces

which we will miss bigtime now

(it depresses me seeing him playing, but you did ask)
Pretty much any player 6ft can step in, with that useless oaf being suspended we won't give away as many pointless fouls

SirScholes

This is the exact moment I lost my shit completely with him. It was the third time he'd done it, but on this occasion the run is literally right in front of his face and it isn't even a difficult ball.

Not only does he refuse to try and play the pass, but the one he does play is unbelievably fecking shite, and then he runs off so Martial has no one to give it back to.

He's literally making things more difficult for his team mates than anyone on the opposition team is there. Even a crap midfielder can attempt an obvious pass and run to the right place. Fellaini almost never manages to do either.

It's unbelievable to me that people watch this and come to the conclusion he's "doing a job"...players who are in the team to do a job, even limited ones, can still pass a football, or at least try. Darren Fletcher would have played the pass, even Phil Neville would have played the pass. These are plaers we used to use to "do a job". You literally have to go down to lower midtable teams before you find any other player, at any other club, who's as limited as Fellaini and plays as often as him.

I said West Brom earlier, but all of their midfielders are better at being midfielders than Fellaini. He'd only fit in there because Pulis likes hoofball.
So so true, I think this is missed by some who claim he's had a good game just because he hasnt lost the ball and won a couple headers.
His decision making is so poor it's scary and as you rightly pointed out puts us either in danger or spoils our attacks

Jaybomb

Imagine actually blaming Fellaini for the card and not Aguero for being a cheating diving slimy cnut.

Football is becoming a joke honestly. This sort of behavior is now "condoned"

If you feel contact, go down.
If you provoke someone, go down.

Its a joke. No wonder Rugby fans laugh at us.

Litch

Boring, heard it all before, he's here and Jose likes him. No matter if the whole Barca midfield arrive in the summer, he'll still be here next season. It's always the same on here, win and no ones says feck all, Lose or draw global warming, world famine and the weak pound is down to Felliani. If anyone is to blame, it's not him. Blast Jose for playing him (he doesn't pick himself) and the club for paying him 80k a week....

An Irish Red

Boring, heard it all before, he's here and Jose likes him. No matter if the whole Barca midfield arrive in the summer, he'll still be here next season. It's always the same on here, win and no ones says feck all, Lose or draw global warming, world famine and the weak pound is down to Felliani.
Or people just don't like seeing us disadvantaged by an average midfielder who only ever gets praised for his 'hard work' or his height; two attributes that have nothing to do with footballing ability.

Obiorahking_

He really isn't good enough. Rashford made a great run in the 2nd half and he just slides it sideways to Martial. For me he should only ever play as a target man further upfield. In a deeper position he just stifles everything.
I agree. The main objective of the midfielder is to be the bridge between the defense and the attack. If Fellaini can't do the bare minimum of a midfielder, then there shouldn't be any place for him near the starting XI or frankly on the bench of team contending the top 4. The only exception is if the player excels in an another department of the game like Kante, and even he has made strong improvements and has been slowly developing confidence in his passing abilities. Fellaini hasn't. He is still the same douchebag with a football brain yet to be found.

At least this should be a message to Mourinho that Fellaini can't ever be trusted to be a reliable player for us and should be one of the first people sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.