Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Agreed on Herrera, but if he can perform at that higher level like he's shown in the odd game here and there then he could become a great player. Fellaini always looks limited in his creative play, he literally just holds the ball up from hoof balls or scores occasionally as a target man.
This is such a biased assessment. You could say exactly the same about Zlatan or Rooney FFS.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
While Herrera continues to be overrated. Reckon Fellaini will outlast him at this club if Herrera doesn't improve.
Compare Fellaini's perfomance in the FA cup game to Ander's in the crucial 4 place decider.

Both high pressure cooker games with a lot on the line .

I like Herrera . I really do. but he has been poor than Fellaini over the last year but gets nowhere near the hate

I guess I am just a sucker for United players that simply refuse to crumble in the face of adversity( even from his own fans
). Fletcher was my favourite United player over the last decade for the same reason.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Its all pretty standard fare at this point. When deployed correctly, Fellaini is as good as any other CM in the squad. He offers something different, and can be pushed forwards as a last resort. He isnt a playmaker, he is a box to box player, although plenty of the fans are unlikely to ever grasp this point. I do not think Mourinho will sell him, similarly I wasnt surprised that LVG didnt sell him.

Managers - the people who are paid a lot of money to understand football and win matches - understand that Fellaini is in fact a good player. This is why Moyes brought him to United, why LVG and Mourinho appear to be happy to keep him in and around the first team, and why he is always close to first choice in an extremely talented Belgium squad on the international stage. Those inside the game get it, it is just a large proportion of the fans that will never be convinced. Fortunately, Fellaini has shown that unlike several players, he is thick skinned enough that the abuse doesnt bother him.

Not even I can defend the new hair though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll stay and play a good role with Mou I think. Won't ever be anything more then a squad player but having someone like him as a squad player is very useful and I can see Mourinho using him in all sorts of situations. Still am not a fan of him mind you and think he's a dirty/clumsy player, but I can see his value to the side if used correctly.

Perrick Dubois

Banger of a header. He actually looked quite solid and mobile for once. I think he'll get a bit of a boost off Mourinho this year, certainly a serviceable player for us in the squad I think.

ZDwyr

He's a valuable squad player, which most of his supporters have been saying for a long time. Not only is he useful in certain situations but he is also good for team morale I think. Watch his little celebration with Valencia after his goal. He's well liked by his teammates, he follows the manager's instructions, he does the gritty jobs without fuss and he continues to give 100% effort despite copping (unfair) abuse from the fans. Not sure why people would want him to go.

itso 7

He'll stay and play a good role with Mou I think. Won't ever be anything more then a squad player but having someone like him as a squad player is very useful and I can see Mourinho using him in all sorts of situations. Still am not a fan of him mind you and think he's a dirty/clumsy player, but I can see his value to the side if used correctly.
If there is one manager that can help him work on his positioning it is Mourinho, I think he will surprise a few of us here and be useful in certain situations.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This is such a biased assessment. You could say exactly the same about Zlatan or Rooney FFS.
How so? Who will be Fellaini and who will be Herrera in this example? They both showed their world-class talent at some point of their career, even though one declined massively and the other less so

POF

Quality header. Placed it superbly. It didn't even look like a chance before he headed it.

I've seen comments throughout numerous threads today hyping the players who played the second half and criticising those who played the first half.

It was a preseason game where United used 22 players and their opponents made very few changes. Could it have anything to do with the second half players looking more impressive because they were fresher than their opponents?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hehe...another bitter pill to swallow for the mindless haters. Love it. I look forward to another season of posters trying to play his contribution down and calling him a championship player.

NK86

Hehe...another bitter pill to swallow for the mindless haters. Love it. I look forward to another season of posters trying to play his contribution down and calling him a championship player.
After a preseason game?

NK86

Yeah and the last 2 seasons.
He has been average most of that time. He is a useful player to have 'sometimes'. But I would be horrified if he was a starter this season. So little creativity and awful positioning. Apart from some physicality and a goal threat from aerial balls, what does he bring to the table I am yet to understand.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He has been average most of that time. He is a useful player to have 'sometimes'. But I would be horrified if he was a starter this season. So little creativity and awful positioning. Apart from some physicality and a goal threat from aerial balls, what does he bring to the table I am yet to understand.
He won't be a starter, not good enough for that. Good option to have though. Better than a lot of our CM's though you won't know itj judging by the crap that gets posted.

NK86

He won't be a starter, not good enough for that. Good option to have though. Better than a lot of our CM's though you won't know itj judging by the crap that gets posted.
He is better than what Herrera and Schneiderlin have showed the last season but I think with Schneiderlin, he will suit the role of partnering Carrick and Pogba better than Fellaini.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Quality header. Placed it superbly. It didn't even look like a chance before he headed it.

I've seen comments throughout numerous threads today hyping the players who played the second half and criticising those who played the first half.

It was a preseason game where United used 22 players and their opponents made very few changes. Could it have anything to do with the second half players looking more impressive because they were fresher than their opponents?
Towards the end of the game, maybe. Not immediately after half time. Although, personally, I think Carrick was the really big difference but Fellaini definitely played his part.

POF

Towards the end of the game, maybe. Not immediately after half time. Although, personally, I think Carrick was the really big difference but Fellaini definitely played his part.
It was later in the half that the game really changed. United started the first half strongly too. Carrick is the best midfield player at United. He's the only one capable of controlling a game and providing excellent cover for the defence. He definitely had an impact in getting more control but Galatasaray clearly tired in the second half.

Lingard, Young, Mata and Memphis were playing fantastic stuff late in the game. That doesn't mean you would bench Mkhitaryan and Martial to start them. The timing of the goals and the flow of the game colours the "first half players bad second half players good" narrative more than it should.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I think he's a good option to,have around the place, I've never understood the vast amount of hate he gets tbh, I think Mourinho will use him sparingly he won't be in the first 11 as under Moyes/lvg and I'm fine with him being a squad player.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I can't believe a third manager is going to persist with this guy in our team. For me he epitomizes our terrible state as a club since SAF left.

I absolutely loathe the way he behaves on the field, pleading his innocence after terrible late tackles, throwing his elbows around every single fecking areal duel he's involved in, like it's a god damn party trick. How he doesn't get punished more often for it must be one of life's greatest mysteries. He's a thug, and not a very good footballer to boot, and every time he gets to don our shirt a kitten dies somewhere, of that I'm sure.

kunal18

Mourinho was wary of his threat and manmarked him with Zouma at the bridge during Chelsea's title winning season , pretty sure he wont be let go and will be used as a Plan C/D

ZDwyr

He is better than what Herrera and Schneiderlin have showed the last season but I think with Schneiderlin, he will suit the role of partnering Carrick and Pogba better than Fellaini.
Really? Based on what? Because Schneiderlin has been shit since he signed with us.

prath92

Valencia s instagram post could indicate Fellaini is leaving

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Thought he was better than Herrera. Some of the criticism surrounding Fellaini is quite unfair when we have other players in midfield who perform much worse than he does. Herrera gives the ball away far too often.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Maybe he means moving on to another manager?
That's what I was thinking, maybe 'moving on' to a new stage of his career at the club? Really don't know what to make of it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Thought he was better than Herrera.
I don't think anyone can argue with that.
But then Herrera has not been particularly good for over a year now.
I think Fellaini can be a good squad player, especially when playing against some of the more physical sides.
What I like about him is that he brings a Plan B, to our team.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maybe he means moving on to another manager?
I think this. If i recall when he was with us Chelsea were interested according to the papers (possibly bullshit) when Mourinho was at the club.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I think Mourinho is happy to keep him around if there's no solid bids for him but I would be surprised if Moyes didn't try to get him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The post in Spanish is this: 'antoniovalencia2525Seguir adelante no es la única opción... pero es la mejor decisión. @Fellaini @manchesterunited'. Any native speakers directly translate? I don't think Valencia is suggesting a departure either.

Boycott

Probably a generic post regarding the change of manager. New regime, new start etc.

Many of the papers claimed Fellaini's staying. Mourinho said all the players involved are in his plans. Fellaini scored and made his claim.

That can change if we get a decent offer say around 15m. He's in his last year of the contract IIRC so cashing in is a possibility I guess.

ThanksBoss26

The post in Spanish is this: 'antoniovalencia2525Seguir adelante no es la única opción... pero es la mejor decisión. @Fellaini @manchesterunited'. Any native speakers directly translate? I don't think Valencia is suggesting a departure either.
Google translate indicates moving forward not moving on.

"forward is not the only option but the best decision."

The initial translation has completely changed the context of the quote.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Probably a generic post regarding the change of manager. New regime, new start etc.

Many of the papers claimed Fellaini's staying. Mourinho said all the players involved are in his plans. Fellaini scored and made his claim.

That can change if we get a decent offer say around 15m. He's in his last year of the contract IIRC so cashing in is a possibility I guess.
Contract expires in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.