Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Schweinsteiger literally didn't show up from March onwards last season. Sat on his arse and went gallivanting with his bird and watched tennis. Then when the Euros came round, he magically got himself fit.

Contrast the love for Schweini with that of Fellaini. Someone who actually helped us get 4th in that run of games from Spurs to Chelsea, and whose Semi Final goal last season had us on our way to the first serious post-Fergie silverware... Honestly, the "fans" who booed Fellaini and most likely sucked every bit of precum out of BFS' japs eye this season, need their heads banged together.
Again, how is he or Di Maria relevant? We are talking about the players who were criticized by the fans and didn't show up because of that. So far he didn't give me even one relevant example, all while saying how Fellaini's attitude is an exception in this case.

And are you sure that he didn't show up since March? As in missed training sessions or games while being fit? I very much doubt so

NK86

There's absolutely no difference between booing the decision and the player, i think he got the point and so did the rest of the players apparently. They now know thats how they'll be treated after a mistake.

And the comparison is fine, you're saying rather than resorting to a public outburst you'd have a direct word. Well if you feel that strongly about your opinion being heard there's plenty of ways you could contact Jose/Fellaini as opposed to petty public embarrassment. Too much effort though and prob not as much fun tho eh?
How do you contact them? Go over for tea?

Also, it is not just the mistake which caused them the booing. It is the fact that he has never shown to be a United standard player and as someone put it earlier, he is the type of player we should not even be targeting.

Icemav

I feel very sorry for the guy. Has put in some great performances for us for the past 2 years and his commitment has never been in doubt despite being played in an unfamiliar role. Its not his fault he was bought and that he has had to fill in a problem position. If we don't want him there then blame the manager who bought him and those that forced him into the role. Overall he has done a great job despite his limitations.

I definitely wouldn't have booed him at the weekend. But there is a frustration that he keeps getting brought on at a key moment of the game, when we have conceded so many crucial goals towards the end of matches. Again its not his fault that Mou wants to freshen up legs and go more defensive, or that Schneiderlin is poor and BFS is not really viable for the time being and TFM is a kid.

harms

Staff
Fellaini's "commitment" and "attitude" sound like all those "Moyes is an honest and humble guy" arguments. I'm yet to see this commitment on the pitch.

Icemav

Fellaini's "commitment" and "attitude" sound like all those "Moyes is an honest and humble guy" arguments. I'm yet to see this commitment on the pitch.
I don't know if Moyes was honest or humble. Clearing out the back room staff would suggest that he definitely wasn't the later. However no doubt that despite making a balls up of everything he did try his best.

Fellaini is definitely committed though despite being forced to play DM.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
As much as I would like to see Fellaini gone, it was a good move by Mourinho to back him after the Spurs match.

Hopefully we sign a MF in January and dont need him as much.

Mike09

Dude feel free to say what you want. My point was referring to comments saying that fans that boo are not proper fans and that raining abuse on them was appropriate, to which I disagreed with. It's not like I said booing was the best thing to do anyway, but every fan is entitled to express how they feel however they feel like or whenever they feel like.
Im surprised that you don't seem to accept what I said even though you told me to feel free to say what I want. Booing your own player is clearly inappropriate. Fellaini has been abused or booed for 4 seasons and the manager still played him. What's is the main purpose of booing your own player especially during the game other than hurting his feeling and disturbing his focus for the game? I can't see any positive affects of booing your own player and we don't pay money to boo our own player. It looks to me Fellaini is being a scapegoat of our drew results.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Di Maria wasn't vilified by the fans, he never wanted to play for us in the first place and went to Paris as soon as it was possible.

It's not common for footballers to have conflicts with their fans. Maldini had conflict with Curva Sud - don't think that he ever considered not showing up. Icardi is disliked by the Inter fans but he still plays and scores for them. Yoan Gouffran had lots of problems with Newcastle fans, but he refused the loan deals and now is starting for them in Championship.
I believe you're taking the term "showing up" literally. I'm looking at your location and guessing maybe English is not your native tongue. It's a figure of speech which means getting back up after being knocked down.
Also you're backing my points here. Di Maria not wanting to play for us was quite clear. That's a legitimate enough reason for fans to jeer him but no one did.
Why are you comparing players who have actual conflicts with fans (ultras) with what happened on Sunday? What is Fellaini's conflict with our fans again?

dichinero

Im surprised that you don't seem to accept what I said even though you told me to feel free to say what I want. Booing your own player is clearly inappropriate. Fellaini has been abused or booed for 4 seasons and the manager still played him. What's is the main purpose of booing your own player especially during the game other than hurting his feeling and disturbing his focus for the game? I can't see any positive affects of booing your own player and we don't pay money to boo our own player. It looks to me Fellaini is being a scapegoat of our drew results.
Not once did I advocate booing. All I said that fans are entitled to express their feelings, frustration or elation however they feel like. People on here have turned booing to some taboo or some sin against humanity. Some have even suggested that advise or confrontations are better than booing, which just so the overreaction to the boos. IMO, the boos were directed at the prospect of bringing him on and if it was really about him I'm sure that it's not that hard to get a "Get Fellaini off" chant while he was on.

Eboue was once booed before he came on, while he was on until Wenger had to take him off but on here people are acting like fans have made Fellaini go cry in a corner. Eboue wasnt even as bad as Fellaini. Booing is a way of showing displeasure not hate and if a fan feels like it's the way to vent hood frustration, who are you to tell him how to or to justify what is classy or not. Football is a sport that provokes emotions so why people becoming self righteous all of a sudden. Booing or not booing does not define who loves the club anymore than the other. Unfortunately, the perks and money involved in football means that there are expectations and there are downsides to the luxury of the game.

Mike09

Not once did I advocate booing. All I said that fans are entitled to express their feelings, frustration or elation however they feel like. People on here have turned booing to some taboo or some sin against humanity. Some have even suggested that advise or confrontations are better than booing, which just so the overreaction to the boos. IMO, the boos were directed at the prospect of bringing him on and if it was really about him I'm sure that it's not that hard to get a "Get Fellaini off" chant while he was on.
The fact that you are agree that the fans has the right thing to express themselves by booing a single player means you did advocate the booing.
You don't understand here, not a single person in here think booing is some taboo or some sin against humanity, not a single person in here think the fans cannot express their feelings.
Those people who against the booed because we disagree that the fans sbould single out a specific player. If you want to express the poor results that we got, blame the whole team and managers. If you want to express a frustration on poor player then do the same thing to the others like Schneiderlin, Darmian and Memphis. It's unfair to singled out a player alone. The action was clearly ridiculous. I will say this again, Fellaini is being the scapegoat of our poor results.

Eboue was once booed before he came on, while he was on until Wenger had to take him off but on here people are acting like fans have made Fellaini go cry in a corner. Eboue wasnt even as bad as Fellaini. Booing is a way of showing displeasure not hate and if a fan feels like it's the way to vent hood frustration, who are you to tell him how to or to justify what is classy or not. Football is a sport that provokes emotions so why people becoming self righteous all of a sudden. Booing or not booing does not define who loves the club anymore than the other. Unfortunately, the perks and money involved in football means that there are expectations and there are downsides to the luxury of the game.
You don't try to compare us with arsenal fans. Do you want us to be like an Arsenal fans? We should be better than them!!

harms

Staff
Why are you comparing players who have actual conflicts with fans (ultras) with what happened on Sunday? What is Fellaini's conflict with our fans again?
Goufrann's "conflict" was based on him playing awful, like with Fellaini. I'm not discussing the booing, I'm discussing your claim that Fellaini is unique and superprofessional because he didn't refuse to play for the fans that don't like him. It's ridiculous and I can't remember an example of players doing so (and you haven't provided one, despite saying that it's quite common) - while I can remember many times when a player who was heavily criticized for his performances kept playing like nothing happened.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Goufrann's "conflict" was based on him playing awful, like with Fellaini. I'm not discussing the booing, I'm discussing your claim that Fellaini is unique and superprofessional because he didn't refuse to play for the fans that don't like him. It's ridiculous and I can't remember an example of players doing so (and you haven't provided one, despite saying that it's quite common) - while I can remember many times when a player who was heavily criticized for his performances kept playing like nothing happened.
That wasn't my claim though. The use of the term "to show up" is not referring to players literrary not showing up (refusing to) play or train. It's about being able to keep doing what you're doing despite strong criticisms. You could add Goufrann to the list of players who have "showed up". The opposite of what I'm describing about Fellaini could be someone like Berahino, who despite literally showing up to play, has his head and heart somewhere else (just like Di Maria). I'm simply praising Fellaini's mental toughness for withstanding jeers from his own fans and him not letting his head drop and still fighting to play for the club. That's admirable quality and I think our managers see that hence he's still around.

Loublaze

ATLien
That's admirable quality and I think our managers see that hence he's still around.
He's a professional playing for a major club he's expected to be able to handle pressure and criticism. These players all face abuse (from opposition fans) far worse than boos every weekend

Roboc7

Got a better response from the away fans which was good to see. It's a big worry though that if we get an injury in midfield it either means changing formation or playing him.

It's not his fault but he is so much worse than any of the current starters and doesn't suit the style of play, mourinho has said some nice things about him but it is noticeable he doesn't seem to want to play fellaini unless it is to close out last few minutes if a game.

Devil may care

I wish we'd give Fosu-Mensah these 10 minute run outs we keep wasting on Fellaini.

Agreed with @Roboc7 If anything happens to Ander or Pogba I fear for this beautiful midfield machine we have.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
30m signing relegated to 4 minutes per game (fingers crossed maybe he doesn't maul anybody)

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I wouldn't be surprised if he's our new Mikel. Comes on for the last few minutes of a game to see it out.

I thought he did quite well for the minutes he came on, got stuck in and didn't make a mistake.

Just keep him away from the penalty area and we'll be alright.

If this is his new role for the foreseeable future then I have no worries.

Oneunited26

Got a better response from the away fans which was good to see. It's a big worry though that if we get an injury in midfield it either means changing formation or playing him.

It's not his fault but he is so much worse than any of the current starters and doesn't suit the style of play, mourinho has said some nice things about him but it is noticeable he doesn't seem to want to play fellaini unless it is to close out last few minutes if a game.

This is the problem in keeping the guy, if Jose cannot trust this clown for even 5 minutes to go, it questions why in the hell is he not moved on in January. God forbid of Pogba is rested or injured, this guy comes in, when really if pogba is rested it should be carrick, herrera and mata in a 4231.

Man Utd 3:1 Sunderland

Sylar

Did we concede when he came on? :wenger:

lol. I do not hate him, but just dont think hes good enough even as a sub.

fallengt

Still can't understand his role . Have we ever looked rock solid when Fellaini came in to defend the lead?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
No need for the boos. He'll be out the door either in January or in the summer -- he isn't good enough for us, and never was, but it's not his fecking fault.

dichinero

Yeah pay is good but still...his role in UTD is basically to come in for the last few mins and chase the ball. Surely he wants more for his career?
The question is if he really does cos no one will stand in his way

RC89

Hate the idea of booing our players. Seems such a plastic fan type of thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.