Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 2:1 Middlesbrough

PepsiCola

He always puts up decent stats on the pitch.

However it's the things he doesn't do, runs he doesn't cover and passes he can't make. Takes sooo many touches on the ball and is just so slow. We will miss Carrick today.

AndyJ1985

He's slow, clumsy, technically inept, takes too many touches, lacks creativity, and for such a big man he's pretty shit at winning headers. Overall he's a waste of space.

Castia

Meh straight away I feel negative as soon as I see him on the team sheet. Let's hope he doesn't feck it up.

criticalanalysis

I've been a (mild) advocator of Fellani in the team in a midfield 3 at the deepest lying, so to see him ahead of Herrera is really disapppointing; my whole point was, let the limited players (Fellani/Schneiderlin) sit and do the dog work and let the better players, Herrera/Pogba dictate.

Right now he's in a position to facillate play, make runs and link up, all things he's very mediocre at and worst still, Herrera excels at.

Roboc7

Fine when ball is in the air but when it's on the ground it is pretty much like playing with ten men.

WyoManU

He never was and never will be good enough. Always shocked when he gets minutes. How can Schweini be worse than mop?

m1y2

Like playing with 10 men.
this... just why the feck is he there? he can't move the ball quickly enough, can't control it... he's literally useless there.

pereira should play instead of him, we'd create much more..

Fracture90

I wonder what Mourinho tell him because he's just planting himself around the 16m box and nothing more. We're incredibly limited with him on the pitch, no team play, just relying on moments of brilliance from star players.

Devil may care

The need for anoither #8 in this squad is blatant, he's so far behind the other players technically and his lack of mobility is an eyesore.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm far from a fan, but shouldn't we wait until the game is finished before we blame him for something? And it's hardly his fault he gets to play, blame the manager
Why? It's not like he's gonna prove us wrong, we've seen him long enough

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm sick of United players like Marouane getting a free pass just because they follow LVG or Mourinho's instructions to the letter. That kind of approach only truly works if the player in question is actually any bloody good, and has more in his arsenal if needed.

Minimalist

I'm sick of United players like Marouane getting a free pass just because they follow LVG or Mourinho's instructions to the letter. That kind of approach only truly works if the player in question is actually any bloody good, and has more in his arsenal if needed.
Herrera is an example of someone that is clearly following instructions set out by Mourinho but he can also demonstrate quality on the ball to go with it.

Oneunited26

Its amazing this Afro clown has been here since Fergie retired

AndyJ1985

He's a giant turd with an afro. You have to wonder what's going through the head of people when they defend his blindingly obvious lack of talent.

Eriku

I'd be very delighted with that, I do not hate Fellaini, but I do believe he offers very little, very often, which is why I'd rather he's not in the team.

So... it's not very apt, or am I missing something here? :p
I agree with you, so it wouldn't suit my purposes to call you childish ;P

Maybe later.

Roboc7

The only positive is performances like that will ensure he wis sold. It was his first start in months and he was taken off for being terrible so mourinho wont keep trusting him.

unimaginative_name

Proved today what an ordinary player he is. Even though he wasn't bad today, he was contributing almost nothing at all to our attacking game. He is probably the worst central midfielder to play for United since the legendary Eric.

Last edited:

spiriticon

This guy has the extraordinary ability to make everyone around him play worse then they actually are.

AndyJ1985

So fecking pointless in games like today.
Unless we want to keep 10 men behind the ball and defend for 90 minutes, or play hoof ball in the dying minutes, he's pointless full stop. How he has lasted this long at our club baffles me. He's utter shite.

AR87

Idk I didn't think he was anything special today and clearly a 3 with Carrick is much better, but I didn't think he was that awful. He is what he is, but he didn't do anything damaging or calamitous today. Basically kept possession ticking over and got in the box a few times.

I don't particularly care for him starting or even being in the squad, but he didn't detract from us creating chances or cost us anything when defending.

Robbie Boy

Unless we want to keep 10 men behind the ball and defend for 90 minutes, or play hoof ball in the dying minutes, he's pointless full stop. How he has lasted this long at our club baffles me. He's utter shite.
Aye I'm not a fan. In some situations I can understand the premise of using a player like him but in a game like today - which we were going to dominate - his inclusion was baffling.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Best decision from Mourinho today was admitting his own mistake by taking him off. Marouane is killing the flow of our build ups and Paul Scholes was not joking about him.

No hate for the player, he's just not a material for the club of this magnitude, passion and ambitions.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Pointless to have him in a game like this. We need another centre midfielder to cover for Carrick, Herrera and Pogba. Hell, we need a proper replacement for Carrick anyway.

Raw

He's 'solid'. He's just there to pass it along, run towards the box and use his afro to miss another header. He wasn't terrible, he wasn't particularly good. Just...solid.

Esquire

Idk I didn't think he was anything special today and clearly a 3 with Carrick is much better, but I didn't think he was that awful. He is what he is, but he didn't do anything damaging or calamitous today. Basically kept possession ticking over and got in the box a few times.

I don't particularly care for him starting or even being in the squad, but he didn't detract from us creating chances or cost us anything when defending.
The problem is he didn't and will never offer anything positive. He had three good chances to score but he just is not a scorer. Then in open place he is just a space occupier. Schweni should have started this game.

izec

He is just not integated into the team and never will be. The others speak and play a different football language. Ineffective and pointless the way we play

Kag

The only player we fielded today that didn't offer any purpose to the side. Even the ones that didn't play well are there because they can do something worthwhile. Fellaini is quite literally just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.