Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AR87

The problem is he didn't and will never offer anything positive. He had three good chances to score but he just is not a scorer. Then in open place he is just a space occupier. Schweni should have started this game.
I agree with that. Just saying that the vitriol after that match seems more like a reaction to his general presence and his lack of desired quality more than anything he did or didn't do in this match.

Minimalist

One thing is for sure, Mourinho is no where near as good as Van Gaal at getting the best out of him. Or rather let's put it, he was suited much better for the slow and methodical nature of Van Gaal's typical systems.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The only player we fielded today that didn't offer any purpose to the side. Even the ones that didn't play well are there because they can do something worthwhile. Fellaini is quite literally just there.
I would have to agree. He just offers nothing except height when defending set pieces.

Bastian should have started.

FahadiHossein

I thought he was alright. He controlled possession, he passed accurately and he controlled balls in the final third well in the first half to set up United's attack.

I think what I am disappointed is how many good chances he had with his head. I am still struggling to understand how did he score that many goals during his last season at Everton.
He just doesn't seem to know how to head the ball. The ball just bounces off his head or something.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I think what I am disappointed is how many good chances he had with his head. I am still struggling to understand how did he score that many goals during his last season at Everton.
The more we starting to play technically superior football under Jose the more it shows that he's a perfect player for physical Everton, never United.

Ixion

I thought that was a good game by his standards but that's his problem, a good game is just sort of average.

JezChan

Simply put, he's pedestrian for too much of the game. Lacks the energy that the team buzzes with and our play suffers as a result.

drdoityourself

He did well, but as the team gains momentum and the quality rises, he's just not at the same level as the others.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did ok but he really does stop us from being really fluid. Went next level with mata in for him.

Ixion

His chest control is like the best on the planet to be fair to him, for whatever that's worth.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have no problems with Fellaini, but he doesn't belong in this team.

The players We have brought in this window are a level above, and that's who we should be aiming for. We looked so much better when he went off the pitch. He just offers no danger individually and is far too safe. Can't run, can't dribble, can't shoot. He can pass sideways or forwards over a few yards but never with any creation.

He will do a good job for a Pulis or Allardyce but he doesn't belong in a top 4 team. We need to shed Memphis, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini and replace them with genuine quality. Sign another top player like Ibra/Pogba with that money, blow another record if we have too.

Ekeke

Then watch said players play for United.

Fellaini isn't the greatest but Morgan for one has actually been worse. He might supposedly be more talented but he never bothers to show that on the pitch.
Schneiderlin played better last season, and not just better than Fellaini but also Ander and the rest. He wasn't brilliant by any means, just not as bad as the rest.

Sylar

If he could transplant his chest onto his legs he would be better. He does a "job" but yeah, for a team like United its not good enough especially for games like this when you need to break teams open. We looked more likely to score when Mata came on for him.

I dont hate him, but hes very limited and should only be used in certain circumstances. Shouldnt be starting any tough matches.

InfiniteBoredom

But, but City, Spurs, years ago, played well. It's something like that.
I genuinely don't understand what others who have followed the same team I've followed all my life see in him to think he's of the standard and character to play for this club. Average close control, limited passing range, moves like a fecking truck and turns slower than a 90 year old who had 3 hip replacement surgery. Oh and on top of that, his heading is also underwhelming to say the least for his height and his concept of defending is to incessantly foul the opponents with his legs or elbows.

It's baffling. How can you say you love the fast paced, technical, aggressive brand of football Utd is known for and root for this guy to be in the team?

Robbie Boy

I genuinely don't understand what others who have followed the same team I've followed all my life see in him to think he's of the standard and character to play for this club. Average close control, limited passing range, moves like a fecking truck and turns slower than a 90 year old who had 3 hip replacement surgery. Oh and on top of that, his heading is also underwhelming to say the least for his height and his concept of defending is to incessantly foul the opponents with his legs or elbows.

It's baffling. How can you say you love the fast paced, technical, aggressive brand of football Utd is known for and root for this guy to be in the team?
No idea but the excuses made for him on here are hilarious at times.

RaptorSlo

I thought that was a good game by his standards but that's his problem, a good game is just sort of average.
Actually, he shown better games this season.

His confidence might be shot in combination of less play time and that booing from fans. He just played it as safe as he could.

Oneunited26

Plan A with carrick

Carrick
Herrera Pogba
Mkhi zlatan martial

Plan B without carrick

Herrera pogba
mata
Mkhi zlatan Martial

Fellaini should be last resort, as it did show when we brought mata on we had far more idea's. Pogba and zlatan completely cancels out even needing to play this guy, hopefully he is somewhere other than MUFC next season

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
What annoyed me the most today was that Groot clearly was instructed to be the one making the late run into the box and come forward of the midfield trio, which left Pogba with the task of holding back.

Also got in the way of Zlatan a few times.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
What annoyed me the most today was that Groot clearly was instructed to be the one making the late run into the box and come forward of the midfield trio, which left Pogba with the task of holding back.

Also got in the way of Zlatan a few times.
What annoyed me too. I can just about understand the thinking behind playing him as a tough guy in a tough game (even though he can't actually do that) but playing him in an attacking position at home to a minnow, when someone like Mata is clearly going to have more impact in that role, just seems madness. If you're going to have someone get in Pogba's way, it may as well be a good player FFS. It's almost like Jose is deliberately WUMing us with his selection.

Even in a holding role (which again, he can't do) if Schweini has been on the bench for a month now, he's surely fit enough to play some role? So there's literally no role Fellaini does even half as well as the players he's replacing. That's what infuriates me about him....Well, at this particular moment, at least.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
What annoyed me too. I can just about understand the thinking behind playing him as a tough guy in a tough game (even though he can't actually do that) but playing him in an attacking position at home to a minnow, when someone like Mata is clearly going to have more impact in that role, just seems madness. If you're going to have someone get in Pogba's way, it may as well be a good player FFS. It's almost like Jose is deliberately WUMing us with his selection.

Even in a holding role (which again, he can't do) if Schweini has been on the bench for a month now, he's surely fit enough to play some role? So there's literally no role Fellaini does even half as well as the players he's replacing. That's what infuriates me about him....Well, at this particular moment, at least.
Thankfully I think he will be gone in the summer. He wouldn't be totally useless for a few teams like WBA etc.

What amazes me the most about Groot is that he actually isn't very good in the air, you'd think the lump would atleast manage that part seeing how he starts with a 10 inch advantage on about everyone.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
What amazes me the most about Groot is that he actually isn't very good in the air, you'd think the lump would atleast manage that part seeing how he starts with a 10 inch advantage on about everyone.
He isn't good in the air, he isn't good at muscling people off the ball, he isn't good at intercepting, tackling, basically any kind of defensive role, and every attacking thing he can do we have at least 3 people better at it. He can chest it down well. That's it. That's literally all there is.

FahadiHossein

The more we starting to play technically superior football under Jose the more it shows that he's a perfect player for physical Everton, never United.
Jose wanted to bring the physical presence to the attack against Middlesbrough. He knew that Karanka would pack all 10 men inside the penalty box, and it would be difficult to work the ball into the box. So, he got Felliani to make late runs into the box and the wings to deliver crosses in. Felliani was also there to attack the ball during set pieces.

He is supposed to provide the physical presence to the United attack, but he can barely threaten even with headers. He is always heading right at the keeper.

Janson

Plan A with carrick

Carrick
Herrera Pogba
Mkhi zlatan martial

Plan B without carrick

Herrera pogba
mata
Mkhi zlatan Martial

Fellaini should be last resort, as it did show when we brought mata on we had far more idea's. Pogba and zlatan completely cancels out even needing to play this guy, hopefully he is somewhere other than MUFC next season
There's no balance in the team like that. Mata instead of Fellaini would restrict Pogba to a more defensive role. And with Blind in the team it's even more unbalanced.

InfiniteBoredom

Jose wanted to bring the physical presence to the attack against Middlesbrough. He knew that Karanka would pack all 10 men inside the penalty box, and it would be difficult to work the ball into the box. So, he got Felliani to make late runs into the box and the wings to deliver crosses in. Felliani was also there to attack the ball during set pieces.

He is supposed to provide the physical presence to the United attack, but he can barely threaten even with headers. He is always heading right at the keeper.
Pogba is more physically imposing than Fellaini.

Think it's a compromise after the Everton game. Keep him as far away from our half as possible in the event we have to defend a quick counter.

FahadiHossein

not exactly. Arsenal drew Middlesbrough at Emirates in September or October because Giroud was still out. Middlesbrough packed all 10 men into the box and managed to stop Arsenal from working the ball into the box.
Felliani adds the physical presence to the attack for wingers to cross the ball into the box for.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He never, never finds the right, quick forward pass.

Which makes him absolutely useless in 90 % of our matches.

Kag

There's no balance in the team like that. Mata instead of Fellaini would restrict Pogba to a more defensive role. And with Blind in the team it's even more unbalanced.
It worked perfectly well against Leicester and Stoke (which we shouldn't have drew). Where Pogba lines up on a computer screen doesn't really matter either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.