Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Did well. Unpopular opinion but maybe he should have started instead of Carrick.

Said it in Carrick's, Fellani's, Herrera's and Schneiderlin's thread but the way we play football, having an energy guy would better suit us at times than having a Carrick (who's done incredibly well and will get his starts otherwise).

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Did well. Unpopular opinion but maybe he should have started instead of Carrick.

Said it in Carrick's, Fellani's, Herrera's and Schneiderlin's thread but the way we play football, having an energy guy would better suit us at times than having a Carrick (who's done incredibly well and will get his starts otherwise).
In hindsight maybe.

But I think we needed both energy and passing.

Mike09

It would have been better if he scored. But Zlatan scored that means his goals are level with Costa now.

Oscie

Good cameo. Did what he was asked to do, wouldn't have scored without him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I thought he made a real difference when he came on, he won more of those second balls which were losing prior to him. So nearly had a goal too.

Minimalist

Fair play - his headers created problems. Shame we need a player like that in the first place.

ReallyUSA

He disrupted Liverpool play, stayed calm on the ball when our midfield was frantic, and unlocked Liverpool's defense. Great cameo, no way we get a point without him.

Stadjer

He did everything Mourinho asked of him.. Fellaini was fine today. Still not my favorite player but today he wasnt useless

criticalanalysis

In hindsight maybe.

But I think we needed both energy and passing.
Yeah true but I've been beating the (given the choice of what we have) energy > passing, for the deepest lying midfielder position over a few weeks/months. We have more than enough passing in the team, we need more energy in the middle and especially one who's up for the fight and courage to take the ball in the middle.

Contrary to what people think, Carrick is a poor option off the ball when he isn't given a bit of time. It affected Rojo and Jones too, who basically pretty much went back to De Gea every time.

And conversely, Fellani can more than hold his own under pressure. His flaws are evident but his 'qualities' and intangibles for us at this moment of the season and the options available, means imo, he can do a good enough job shielding Herrera and Pogba.

Devil may care

Got a good header in for the goal, can't pass in key areas though, just a desperation type of player that we should never have to resort to.

DatGuyRich

Changed the game as per. Great asset to have on the bench, but I guess people would rather have Schneiderlin in the team

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
That's fair enough and I agree it's good to have. Just mean I don't understand how we couldn't put goals past this Liverpool side.
Oh yeah, agreed. Pogba and Mkhi missed easy chances. Score early and the game might have been different.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Fair play to him, he came on and was our most threatening player, playing a crucial part in our goal. I thought that I'd hate him forever but to save us a game vs Liverpool is massive. Too bad we didn't win :mad:

Kazi

When he won the ball high up and then passed it square to Rooney, wish he had the confidence to just go himself and have a go from 20 yards

itso 7

Changed the game for us and was instrumental on the goal. Can't be unhappy with that plus the likes of Pogba could learn a thing or two from him regarding performing under pressure.

Aint gota Kalou

I was raging when he came on and we forgot we could pass the ball but that wasn't his fault. So much better coming on in that position than playing deeper.

Mike09

When he won the ball high up and then passed it square to Rooney, wish he had the confidence to just go himself and have a go from 20 yards
Either you are actually being serious or hoping the haters come in again with a boo? If he missed it imagine the amount of abuse and boo he will get. One bad moment from Fellaini = social media becomes disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.