Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

It was ugly, but he did a good job. He kept attacks alive, was unlucky not to score. Hes a plan C tbh. Saying that, I dont think we equalise if we have a "football purist" manager.

I dont think he should be starting, but I do praise him for helping us get the equaliser.

Ashley R1+O

I know we want to "play the right way" but humping the ball out over the press for somebody to bring down is pretty much the only way to play against this type of counter-press and I am surprised we didn't resort to that for most of the second half. It isolates the attacking players who stay forward and ensures those pressing from the front are trapped having to track toward their own goal and stop attacks.

Fellain did well, he showed the same ability under Van Gaal.

Jaybomb

We have played attractive football a bunch of times with Marouane on the pitch.

He won us a point today, pretty much. If he started the game, maybe we would have gotten the win. Who knows.

ZDwyr

We were already going direct before Fellaini came on. He made an impact though, was unlucky with his header that led to the goal.

OohAahMartial

In the PL you need the option of playing direct long ball or crosses to a big man, it shouldn't be and isn't our main approach but has its pragmatic use against such a press when all else hasn't worked. I do think we could get a more effective target man though like Giroud or maybe this Bakayoko fellow. But having said that Fellaini did well last night.

stevoc

He did well enough yesterday, caused them problems in the box and that lead to our goal. Great.

But as a plan B-C though he's actually not that effective so not sure why people keep saying that. Thats possibly the first time he's came on late in a game when we were drawing or losing and had a positive effect that lead to us getting something out of a game. And he's been brought on plenty of times in those situations.

unitedforeveral

Everyone hated that Schneiderlin was sold ahead of Fellaini but nobody understands that we have a huge summer market coming up and that we need to cash in. Fellaini is good in short bursts and Jose knows how to use him i feel. He has come off the bench to do a job instead of starting. He can play against lower table teams and we can rest the big games once in a while

El Zoido

He wants us to play Bastian though who has looked not-fit-for-purpose at all.

I doubt Jose will sell Fellaini. Seems to like him a lot. Just as much as LVG did.
Physical player in a physical league. Also Fellaini does what you tell him to, he's a solid pro who will follow instructions that the manager gives him. That's why they like him.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Glad that Jose has started using him properly since the Everton game. Can be very effective as an advanced midfielder/target man, as he's proved vs Hull and Liverpool.

mu4c_20le

Physical player in a physical league. Also Fellaini does what you tell him to, he's a solid pro who will follow instructions that the manager gives him. That's why they like him.
Very optimistic way of saying clumsy. I'm sure there are thousands of physical players with better technique and a footballing brain, what's the use of a physical player if he never gets away with fouls? I think it's just a case of Jose making the best of what he has, and credit to both of them when he actually contributes like he did yesterday. He should be upgraded asap though.

Glad that Jose has started using him properly since the Everton game. Can be very effective as an advanced midfielder/target man, as he's proved vs Hull and Liverpool.
Exactly this! Said it since his arrival, he has been wrongly used by every single manager and no wonder he's been crap. He's a squad player, a great plan B if you use him like we have these past couple of games.

Did everything asked him yesterday, won everything.

tomaldinho1

That's exactly how he should be used. Impact forward player when chasing games and needed to support Ibra who barely got any service till we started bypassing their midfield.

He should not play in the CM let alone DM role ever again because he is not good enough technically. We signed him because he was a monster in the AM/Target man role for Moyes at Everton - I don't see him starting for us but obviously a popular guy in the team, seems a positive influence so happy to have him as a squad player.

SambaBoy

Did well yesterday in helping to rescue the game but there was one incident that sums him up really.

He won the ball really well, and drove 5-10 yards, with options to his left and right, then plays a slow cumbersome ball behind Rooney, while if it was 5 yards in front, we were basically in. Technically yes, he's completed a pass and he's found his man but it's the small details that matter. Top players take care in their pass, and measure them well especially in dangerous areas. Fellaini is just content with 'not losing the ball'.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Worst footballer in history for United? Some people dont realize he is/has been even a key player for the likes of Belgium in a fase where he scored more goals than anyone else (Hazard, de Bruyne for example), was Everton's best player for a while, has been a key player for us as well and then say Cleverley is a better footballer? Get real and get a grip while you're at it.

iKeano

Your point?

Steven Gerrard didnt either.
My point being that Utd will never win a league as long as we accept Fellaini standards.

Did he ever make one in this thread? Making up statistics, constant shitposting, waste of space really.
Show me proof of one made up stat.
God forbid we had a debate, but no, just shithouse off the back of someone else's post.
Waste of space indeed.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
My point being that Utd will never win a league as long as we accept Fellaini standards.
Based on what proof?

Is this the same league where former relegation candidates Leicester are champions?

The same league Cleverely was a trusted player within one of the winner' s midfield?

It's some of this nonsensical hypothetical arguments made against Fellaini that leads one to seriously question the thinking of some of his most vocal critics. They are many good arguments that can be raised against Fellaini. You hardly find any in this thread though.

iKeano

Based on what proof?

Is this the same league where former relegation candidates Leicester are champions?

The same league Cleverely was a trusted player within one of the winner' s midfield?

It's some of this nonsensical hypothetical arguments made against Fellaini that leads one to seriously question the thinking of some of his most vocal critics. They are many good arguments that can be raised against Fellaini. You hardly find any in this thread though.
Hard to prove an opinion.

I stand to be corrected, but I'll eat my hat if I am.

Can't even comment on here without some superiority complex super-fans saddling up their high horse.

K2K

Hard to prove an opinion.

I stand to be corrected, but I'll eat my hat if I am.

Can't even comment on here without some superiority complex super-fans saddling up their high horse.
If you make ludicrous claims, then expect to be questioned on them.

I've used verifiable evidence to show that ''Fellaini like'' players can be part of league winning teams. In fact they can chip in with valuable point winning contributions during the course of such seasons.

Care to disprove it?

iKeano

If you make ludicrous claims, then expect to be questioned on them.

I've used verifiable evidence to show that ''Fellaini like'' players can be part of league winning teams. In fact they can chip in with valuable point winning contributions during the course of such seasons.

Care to disprove it?
Self proclaimed "verifiable evidence"... Jesus wept.

I care not to disprove it, nor carry on with this meaningless exchange.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Feel free to hit me up with smugness when Fellaini has a league medal.

K2K

Self proclaimed "verifiable evidence"... Jesus wept.

I care not to disprove it, nor carry on with this meaningless exchange.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Feel free to hit me up with smugness when Fellaini has a league medal.
I doubt I'll be bothered to be honest.

Well he has an FA cup medal which he was a major player in winning.

Cheers.

NinjaFletch

I've been convinced for a while that it doesn't matter whether Fellaini has a good game or a bad game. When he plays well he doesn't do enough good stuff, and teams just run off him too easily.

Minimalist

Playing fine. Don't appreciate the football we play with him in the side regardless.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Hate when he starts. Even if he plays well which he is today he just makes the whole midfield and especially Pogba so disjointed.
Agree...
The matches we play bad, are the matches when Fellaini look like our best player.
To me that is a sign that he doesn't fit into the team, and someone else, Carrick or even BFS, would make the team work better together.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bad feeling seeing him on the team sheet. Not only does the team usually look worse but he's started every league game that we've lost this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's not what he does that is the problem it's what he doesn't do.

El Zoido

He doesn't gel with the players around him, it's like he's playing a different game.

NoLogo

Absolutely useless, the game totally passes him by unless he manages to get on the end of a high ball. I have no idea if that is what he is supposed to do or if he just naturally always wanders into a secondary striker position and hopes for the long ball to come his way.

The problem with this approach for me though is that we have one man less in midfield. When Carrick is playing Pogba and Herrera have the stability to play their game and we look much better as a result but with both of them being so bound defensively we look hampered. I wish Mou would give Schweinsteiger a run in the Carrick role instead of playing Fellaini.

Roboc7

Ruins balance of the team, by his standards he has actually been ok but the midfield as a unit is handicapped by playing him because he is so one dimensional and out of sync with the other two.

iKeano

Bad feeling seeing him on the team sheet. Not only does the team usually look worse but he's started every league game that we've lost this season.
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
His inclusion is an albatross around the rest of the teams neck.
He's so off the pace its unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.