Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

That celebration was great. Happy for him. I'm not his fan, but he's a good squad player to have and he's shown a lot of guts in his time unlike some.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Can the dicks on here please stop comparing him to midfielders, he isn't one. He's a battering ram of a forward in his best position, always a handful in the box, as he was against us. Delighted for him, and even more delighted at the celebration of his goal, it really seems like Mou has the squad playing for him.
He is absolutely terrible in front of a goal for more than two years now and he's mostly playing in midfield. With who can people compare him with, forwards?

It seems like his two performances against us when we didn't have defenders will stay in history as the moments that defined Fellaini's career as a forward.

dichinero

He is absolutely terrible in front of a goal for more than two years now and he's mostly playing in midfield. With who can people compare him with, forwards?

It seems like his two performances against us when we didn't have defenders will stay in history as the moments that defined Fellaini's career as a forward.
It's called a forehead scar my friend. So many have been haunted by that isolated moment that they can be convinced that he is worthy of a balo'dor. I mean they even have a new position defined for him - Battering Ram Forward, only a matter of time before FM pick up on that.

That said, good goal tonight but still needs moving on quick!

Chorley1974

Lady Ole

It's the managers' fault to play him in midfield, the hate of him is pathetic. If you want to compare him with someone find another player being played out of position, e.g Rojo at left back.

It's not going to make him play better, or change the manager's mind as to how to utilise him.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
It's the managers' fault to play him in midfield, the hate of him is pathetic. If you want to compare him with someone find another player being played out of position, e.g Rojo at left back.

It's not going to make him play better, or change the manager's mind as to how to utilise him.
He is terrible in front of goal, had some unbeliveable misses over last year or two, hardly scored any goals whenever he was put up front, is immobile for a striker and makes the team play hoofball when used there. Why should his manager use him there again?

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
He is terrible in front of goal, had some unbeliveable misses over last year or two, hardly scored any goals whenever he was put up front, is immobile for a striker and makes the team play hoofball when used there. Why should his manager use him there again?
I think we should sell him, but booing him is small time, he's in a situation of manager number 3 in a short period, and he tries, and seems to give a shit. I'm not a Fellaini advocate in terms of fitting in our team. I'm saying don't like a cnut towards him, it's classless and embarrassing. Seems lost on you though.

slir32

Anyone notice he didn't celebrate with the fans instead celebrated with Jose and the team. I think he threw a fist in the air for the fans but that was it. Normally he runs to the fans to celebrate.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I am one of if not his biggest critics (as you can tell by my tag line lol) but he actually did well today even without the goal, harrowing down the opposition players at every opportunity, and helping to solidify the midfield with 3 instead of 2.

However please just let this be his role (Our New Mikel) and I will have very little complaints.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Played in his best position and got a goal. He scored 11 in 31 in the league for Everton playing there for a full season. Not sure why some have questioned his ability to contribute for us from the bench, like him or not, he's effective if used right.

roykeane19

Not his fan, but its not his fault. Moyes brang him wiht him, and why would he turn down the chance to play for us. And when he does play despite not fitting the team, he tries his best, and has scored some crucial goals for us during some matches, but obviously he should be moved on

But I think hes not as bad as he looks with us, I was reading his wiki, and when he was at Everton it said in 2010, "He won the second highest number of tackles in the league and won possession of the ball 190 times, the most out of any player."

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
He looks like he'd run through brick walls for Mourinho.

Just keep him out of our box (except when defending set pieces) and he should be fine.

Credit to Darmian (another maligned player) for the cross - his best in a United shirt.

Sylar

Enjoyed the celebration. Also that was a fantastic header. Wish he would do more of that with crosses his way. I do miss seeing some of those powerful headers he used to do with Everton.
Whilst I dont think hes good enough overall, I do like the way Jose has mostly used him (everton game apart lol).

And it was a nice moment for him and could be a really important goal for us (as it gives us a chance to rest some players in the second leg).

stevoc

I'm not his biggest fan but he tries hard and he wants to help the United cause, and at least Mourinho sticks him high up the pitch where he is effective
Yes as far away from our box as possible is best. Good goal tonight, he should score more of them.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think we should sell him, but booing him is small time, he's in a situation of manager number 3 in a short period, and he tries, and seems to give a shit. I'm not a Fellaini advocate in terms of fitting in our team. I'm saying don't like a cnut towards him, it's classless and embarrassing. Seems lost on you though.
I feel exactly the same

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Good celebration with Mourinho, could see what it meant for both of them
May not be our greatest signing. But he doesn't ever deserve to be booed by those knuts -- no United for that matter. Embarrassing.

Good on Mourinho for cultivating that bond with Marouane. Good man-management. Fergie-esque.

fatboy

I was just as pissed off at him as anyone else for that Everton game. But really, we need to get over it. He plays hard for the team, and has chipped in his fair share of goals and good games.

Like it or not, he'll be here next season, and honestly I'm at peace with that.

spwd

Don't think he's a Utd player but got a very important goal tonight, well done MF.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He scored a good header today. But he's been thrown on to do just that a dozen times without delivering.

Imagine we'd conceded from the utterly idiotic foul he unnecessarily committed before he scored.

No one can question his commitment, his endeavour or this whole 'run through brick walls' thing. But having watched him for years, I think fans are very qualified in questioning his ability as a midfielder. It's not good enough for us.

If his main use is to get us goals, he has 4 in 53 appearances in the last 2 seasons. I'm pretty confident we can find someone else to deliver that kind of return.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He scored a good header today. But he's been thrown on to do just that a dozen times without delivering.

Imagine we'd conceded from the utterly idiotic foul he unnecessarily committed before he scored.

No one can question his commitment, his endeavour or this whole 'run through brick walls' thing. But having watched him for years, I think fans are very qualified in questioning his ability as a midfielder. It's not good enough for us.

If his main use is to get us goals, he has 4 in 53 appearances in the last 2 seasons. I'm pretty confident we can find someone else to deliver that kind of return.
That's obviously not what Mourinho sees in him.

He seems OK with being a squad player, and he is useful as such

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Really good goal. Important one, too, as it gives us more opportunity to rest players in the return leg.

Also, as others have mentioned, rather notable that he wished to celebrate with Mourinho. He seems to get on well with managers. Almost as if people who know quite a bit about football value him more than we assorted idiots on the internet...

ti vu

Good cameo and important goal. Perfectly fit the game plan when coming on offer presence and help Rashford out with Hull putting up bodies centrally.

Charlie Foley

Not his fan, but its not his fault. Moyes brang him wiht him, and why would he turn down the chance to play for us. And when he does play despite not fitting the team, he tries his best, and has scored some crucial goals for us during some matches, but obviously he should be moved on

But I think hes not as bad as he looks with us, I was reading his wiki, and when he was at Everton it said in 2010, "He won the second highest number of tackles in the league and won possession of the ball 190 times, the most out of any player."
I don't remember their fans booing him which can't help.

Of course I'm happier when we have players good enough to keep him out of the team (that's just logical!) but can't deny I was thrilled when he scored. He does some idiotic stuff but he tries and he cares so I have to acknowledge that.

Also, crucial goals in his last 2 semi finals, and the FA cup quarterfinals last year, as well as an assist in the final, long may that continue!

Acole9

Outstanding
Pleased for him after all the booing recently which has been out of order.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Felt sorry for Jose... that was a very aggressive hug from a very big man.

Delighted for Fellaini though... big cheer when he came on, big cheer when he scored, big cheer when he hugged Jose. Lovely.

BlakeUtd

why don't we send in more in-swinging crosses like the one darmian gave. I dont know if its a coincidence but I feel it worked out perfectly for his technique

AgentP

why don't we send in more in-swinging crosses like the one darmian gave. I dont know if its a coincidence but I feel it worked out perfectly for his technique
We do try that now and then especially when Rooney and Pogba have the ball. But it's either caught easily by the keeper or goes past the far post. The delivery of our crosses needs to be much better.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Your comment had to do nothing on people booing him, you were calling people who compare him with midfielders dicks, and now you completely changed the tune and started talking about people booing him. Really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.