Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

What's the point of him? I've not once seen us improve when he comes on. More often than not we fall to pieces and can't string two passes together when the likes of him and Lingard are brought on late in a game.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd have only understood the sub if Fellaini come on in a three, with Pogba and Carrick, where he and Pogba could make runs into the box. However, he came on, and was our deepest midfielder.

It was only the last 10 or so minutes he was put up top, which proved to be good move as he created havoc in the box.

Kag

There is overwhelming evidence confirming that we play considerably worse when Fellaini enters the field in games we need a goal.

The quality of our football reduces and we create less chances than we were previously creating. As an attacking option he's of no use to us.

Golden Nugget

I don't recall him doing much, if anything. To be fair to him, when he did run into the box, no crosses came in.

Roboc7

I don't think he should be brought on at all when we are chasing a game, but yeah if you are going to bring him on having him swan around midfield is pointless.
In the right circumstances he can be an effective target man from the bench but that should be his place in the squad,it's beyond belief we still try to play him in midfield.

stevoc

In the right circumstances he can be an effective target man from the bench but that should be his place in the squad,it's beyond belief we still try to play him in midfield.
Its rarely been the case but yes its possible. I just hate seeing him come on when we are chasing games he rarely turned a game for us, especially in midfield.

Sylar

I swear we put in less crosses once he came on. It made no sense what the plan was when he came on. We played him deep which served no purpose. Then when we pushed him up front, we hardly used him as a target man.

Water Melon

What was the purpose of fielding Fellaini today? What was he supposed to do according to Jose?

Dinghy

There is overwhelming evidence confirming that we play considerably worse when Fellaini enters the field in games we need a goal.

The quality of our football reduces and we create less chances than we were previously creating. As an attacking option he's of no use to us.
This. And yet the same sub is being made every time we're chasing a goal.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No wonder why not even the chinese are not interested in him

Ainu

There's no point subbing him on if we need a goal. There was a time I believed he could do a useful job in certain games, but even that is looking less and less likely. But when we have to break down a team and sub him on, we stop playing completely. I really don't understand Mourinho throwing him on today. We weren't setting the world alight before that but it only got worse afterwards.

iKeano

No idea why we keep trying to play him in midfield, he was absolutely useless today until he got put up front and then he stated causing some problems it was too late.

Play him as a target man or don't play him.

ManUtd1999

Wrong. We played badly well before he was introduced.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There's a strange myth around Fellaini being a useful late sub when we need a goal. I vaguely recall him doing so twice in about a month in LVG's first season. Since then...gifted 2 points to Everton and largely offered nothing then ensuring we can't put together decent passing moves.

He's terrible for us. Seems a lovely chap, I wish him well in whatever it is he wants to do with his life as long as it's not ruining our football.

R'hllor

I was always defending Afroman but either play him properly or stop with this bullshit,bet TFM can be as bad as him in midfield two (in worst case scenario) for example.

Ashley R1+O

I'd have only understood the sub if Fellaini come on in a three, with Pogba and Carrick, where he and Pogba could make runs into the box. However, he came on, and was our deepest midfielder.

It was only the last 10 or so minutes he was put up top, which proved to be good move as he created havoc in the box.
I think that is probably the only safe way to use him. Get him in front of the back four just moving play on. Especially against 10 men, I don't think there is much point to bringing him on to score late on. It is better for him to get into a game and then push forward late.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He represents everything wrong with our tactics yesterday. We needed control and fluidity and domination of the play. Instead we went for hysterical hoofing of the ball and being unable to pass through their forwards and midfield. Not his fault of course but more Mourinho's focusing on the wrong things.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He's playing alright. Made the goal.
Wait, am I allowed to say that on this forum?

R'hllor

Thats where i want to see him and not in build up position vs 10 man

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
In games like this I can see his value to us.

We probably play about one game like this every other season, but still...

Water Melon

In games like this I can see his value to us.

We probably play about one game like this every other season, but still...
My thoughts exactly. It is one those very very few games, when Fellaini would prove his worth for one of those very very few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.