5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini + Pogba, is way top heavy, and it's pedestrian every time, even against the most mediocre opposition.
That's why I don't want Fabinho or Weigl to play alongside Pogba. It'll result in the same kind of dreary football. We need to bring smaller, sharper options in midfield.

Jev

It will be a happy day when we finally sell this toad.

He's literally not good at anything. No, not even heading. He wins a lot of aerial duels simply due to the fact that he's tall but he's not actually a good header.

Okay, he's quite good at chesting. That's his one true skill.

EDIT: And with Ander booked and suspended he'll now likely start the return leg as well. Sigh.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Completely different team without him. That's why he comes in for as much stick as he does.

Right from the start of the second half we were just better.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
EDIT: And with Ander booked and suspended he'll now likely start the return leg as well. Sigh.
Maybe Carrick will come back? Or even Schweiny - it was some statement for Jose to sub Fellaini after the first half. One can hope

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good sub to take him off today, just wasn't the right match for him.

Ixion

I just hate how we play when he's on. Unless its last 10 minutes chasing a goal and we stick him in the box to cause problems we simply have better players for everything else.

kidbob

As much as we need a Wiegl we really need a proper player to come in for Fellaini. Even a prospect like Tielemens would suit. He simply doesn't work for a club like this. Hell give his spot to Pereira next season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is a complete alien when compared with how the other players want to play. It's quite remarkable, we looked more solid when we went from a 3 to a two, even though the two aren't defensive players.
His lack of positional awareness is incredible. Literally just ambles around the pitch. I couldn't tell what position he was playing today. To make matters worse, it does his team mates no justice.

Unmutual

Fellaini at his worst today. If he sits deep, he's either six yards from where he needs to be, or tackling opponents from the wrong side. If he goes forward, moves always seem to break down when he gets involved. Frustrating.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mourinho's sub in half time was almost like an admission that the player doesn't fit anywhere but typical Crouch role.

Roboc7

His ability as a midfielder in terms or passing, movement, pressing etc isn't even good enough for a mid table side. His physicality and chest control are all he has and if that isn't brought into play he looks completely out of his depth.

That wasn't an off day it was just someone who isn't good enough, he has already started more games this season than a player of his ability should, I expect him to be here next season but mourinho must be losing patience so I see him starting less and less.

mu4c_20le

Some say his best position is advanced midfielder but Lingard came on and showed more in one minute than he did in the entire first half by making an effort to win the ball, making runs, and delivering a dangerous through ball to Zlatan. Maybe he was having an off day, but as bad as we were after our first goal, he was stand out bad.

Robbie Boy

Some say his best position is advanced midfielder but Lingard came on and showed more in one minute than he did in the entire first half by making an effort to win the ball, making runs, and delivering a dangerous through ball to Zlatan. Maybe he was having an off day, but as bad as we were after our first goal, he was stand out bad.
Yup, Lingard literally made more of a positive impact within one minute. That's a sad indictment for Fellaini.

Acole9

Outstanding
I wasn't too sure where he was playing tonight, he was all over the place.

Devil may care

We were better defensively and offensively when he came off, Pogba and Herrera were much more comfortable without him and Lingard is much more suited to playing just off Ibra than a fellow 6'5 player, glad Jose had the humility to switch at half time. Fellaini just isn't good enough and isn't suited to how we are trying to play, the last nugget in the bowel from the combined Moyes and LvG reigns.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He shouldn't start games, he's useful when he goes off the bench but that's about it. Seems a different player when he starts, poor off the ball movement, can't really pass and doesn't defend well. Ruined our shape tonight too, Mourinho fixed his mistake when he take him off. Lesson learnt, I hope.

Sylar

We were better when he came off. We looked to be pushing forward more, which allowed us to press more higher up the pitch. I think the team as well as individuals played better and the team looked more balanced. We also played less long balls and just used the players ability.

He does a "job", but I dont know what that job specifically is. There was one moment when he got the ball, and could have passed it forward to Martial, when he was on the half way line (martial in space) but instead turns around and passes to Herrera. It does sum him up as a midfielder and I guess thats his job, get the ball and give it.

But we play much better without him. I do think he should start next week though given the game is pretty much wrapped up.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can we just sell him quickly and then pretend we never signed him in the first place?

ti vu

Not to say that he needs to go, but was too lazy this game for my liking. One of the biggest guy on the pitch and invisible for majority of the 45 minutes

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was genuinely awful. Chased shadows the whole first half, just couldn't keep up with anybody and lost his marker far too many times. Pogba and Herrera were getting 1-2'd in circles no wonder we looked so bad.

When Lingard came on he added much needed energy and agility when it came to pressing.

stevoc

At times mostly under Van Gaal Fellaini has had good runs in the side and contributed. But performances like last night make me think our football has now moved past him. Jose doesn't seem to trust him in a defensive role and further forward he just doesn't work well with Zlatan and basically wanders too much letting play pass him by and leaves us a man light in midfield.

We really need midfielders who can come in and cover for Carrick/Herrera and Pogba when they need are rested/injured/suspended. Fellaini can't really provide that in my opinion.

JoaquinJoaquin

I've said this before, he just completely unbalances our midfield no matter what combination he has with him. Got to start BFS next week in the return leg.

keener

Agree, agree, agree, I can pass it back to the guy that passed it to me and then jog around. He should be used for 1 or 2 very specific things, mainly to throw the ball forward or to win headers from a team that plays super direct against us. Anything else and he's at the bottom of a long list of players on our squad.

His strike where Juan was called off was quite nice though. Not sure if the goalie quit on it but he one timed it hard and low in the corner.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not to say that he needs to go, but was too lazy this game for my liking. One of the biggest guy on the pitch and invisible for majority of the 45 minutes
He isn't lazy. He just lack talent and mobility. Also he's not a DM.

TheSweeper

I hope he is only getting games over blind in midfield because we have to cover LB for underperforming players.

I don't care what anybody says but blind in midfield should be higher in the pecking order than Fellaini.

dirkey

I did find it funny yesterday, a number of us complained about his half-time performance, and got a few of the usual "Being scapegoated again" rubbish comments back. Didn't hear too many of them the second the team came out for the 2nd half and it became apparent that the manager saw it exactly the same way as the rest of us. The improvement in the second half performance was quite notable too.

But hey, I guess we were only scapegoating him by mentioning that he performed badly.

Kag

He's a very lazy player. He's often praised for his effort but I actually think his work rate is par for the course and that his general drive to get on the ball and be a player for us is lacking.

This United side doesn't need whatever it is that Fellaini is supposed to be offering. We need to get rid this summer and move on without him.

Loublaze

ATLien
I did find it funny yesterday, a number of us complained about his half-time performance, and got a few of the usual "Being scapegoated again" rubbish comments back. Didn't hear too many of them the second the team came out for the 2nd half and it became apparent that the manager saw it exactly the same way as the rest of us. The improvement in the second half performance was quite notable too.

But hey, I guess we were only scapegoating him by mentioning that he performed badly.
Wasn't that like the third time he's been subbed at halftime this season? I don't get it. Mourinho saw him as a starting player earlier in the season and got fooled by his first 3 games where he performed out of his skin (by his standards) but it became clear very quickly that he wasn't going to work in a midfield two with Pogba. I've been ok with him being a bit part player since, but everytime he gets a chance to start games its the same result. Surely Mourinho sees this. It should be curtains for him soon

NoPace

I hope he is only getting games over blind in midfield because we have to cover LB for underperforming players.

I don't care what anybody says but blind in midfield should be higher in the pecking order than Fellaini.
I'd rather see Rojo or Young at LB and Blind at DM than Fellaini start.

Status
Not open for further replies.