Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Been absolutely dreadful so far.

I'd have played Schweinsteiger tonight and Fellaini on Sunday. Think that would suited each better.

dirkey

He's been ok. There have been far worse players on the pitch like Baily
Bailly has been the only one worse. Ibra has given Fellaini a run, but overall, it's Bailly, Fellaini, Ibra, in that order of crapness for me.

Man-United

They're showing for the ball and contributing.

Asides from some headers Fellaini has offered nothing. Our poor shape and openness at the back is due to his roaming.

Poor.
I do agree he's been poor but it's the hate he's getting that's unfair. He's a player who gives everything when on the pitch and people should see he's trying.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I mean...what the hell? He's not capable of pressing, he's not capable of tracking back, he's not particularly good at tackling, he's leaving acres of space to be exploited...he's even not that dominant in the air having in mind his stature. You would expect from someone with those traits to actually be able to provide some magnificent offensive contribution to warrant his existence in the squad at all but...he's poor at passing, he's slowing every attack down, he's slow, he had less touches than my grandpa had in bed last night on top of that. What is the point of him? I mean...we look more sound defensively with Mkhi instead cause the guy actually has decent workrate, presses, tackles, covers space and tracks back while being Maradona in the attack compared.

Take him out for Schweini or Darmian with Blind moving to DM...just do anything.

Yes, but so has 7 or 8 others. He's a player who gives everything when on the pitch and people should see he's trying.
You think it's coincidence that we look like garbage every time he's on the pitch? He simply drags the level of the entire team down. Pogba and Herrera look lost cause they are unable to cover miles of space he leaves to be exploited or his lack of tracking back. Bailly and Smalling look exposed for the same thing and that pulls fullbacks into bad positions as well. Like a chain reaction.

I would give my all on the pitch as well but that still doesn't mean I should ever get near it.

Djemba-Djemba

I do agree he's been poor but it's the hate he's getting that's unfair. He's a player who gives everything when on the pitch and people should see he's trying.
But that's not enough surely?

I don't think anyone has ever accused him of not trying hard enough, it's his lack of quality that is the issue.

Robbie Boy

Ah no are we back to calling people 'haters' when they criticise players having a shocker in their 'Player Performance Threads'? Sigh, how juvenile.

Let's just be honest; he's been utter shite tonight. Others have too and are also being criticised.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I like him just because so many of you hate him. Keep going Fellaini.
Do you dislike Manchester United because so many of us here like it? Dislike towards Fellaini is based on the fact that with him on the pitch we always play worse with him, usually, being one of the worst individual performers.

PepsiCola

Well then let me play for United.

I'll try my hardest week in week out and give everything.

We won't return to the top tier of European clubs if we cater players who try hard but clearly lack quality.

Eire Red United

Yes he's trying, although its very fair to say that he has been poor tonight, doesn't mean that he is hated and is far from the only one who hasn't been playing well this evening.

binary bot
Can't blame Fellaini, blame Mourinho. He's just so pointless in a game like this. What's the thinking behind it? He'll win a few headers and offer help with set pieces...I can't think of anything else. And it's not as if we've got a small team on.

It's difficult to think of any other top team that hinders themselves with such a limited player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That we are an injury away from him playing shows, there are still problems.

Man-United

Well then let me play for United.

I'll try my hardest week in week out and give everything.

We won't return to the top tier of European clubs if we cater players who try hard but clearly lack quality.
Might be but Fellaini does not deserve the dislike. Blame Moyes, LvG, Mourinho.

dichinero

Let's all queue outside OT, I'm sure we will try at least

Man-United

Do you dislike Manchester United because so many of us here like it? Dislike towards Fellaini is based on the fact that with him on the pitch we always play worse with him, usually, being one of the worst individual performers.
I like all our players, some more than others.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's a player who gives everything when on the pitch and people should see he's trying.
I'm too lazy to make gifs but take a look at his actions when the opposition's attackers have the ball around our box. He literally just stood there, looking at them while our defenders tried to press them like crazy (and looking a bit like headless chickens because you can't press if your teammates are just standing near doing nothing).

Although if we're going to be fair, it's an improvement on his last year Europa League performances - at least he didn't walk the other way

dirkey

Scapegoat, as usual.
Such a rubbish comment. Right, every time any player plays badly, let's not criticise them. Heaven forbid.

He's been rubbish. Absolute tosh. We're in his thread, complaining about him. Go look at the Ibra thread. You'll see the same stuff.

Guess he's being scapegoated too.

3KDré

He is such bad player it is just annoying. I have no idea why he is still at this club.

Roboc7

Waste of space, if we aren't going to hit long balls to his chest or cross the ball a lot there is no point playing him in this role.

His pressing is terrible, passing too limited and surely he will be taken off.

Man-United

You can think all you want of his performance, but would prefer if people would stop call him stupid names.

Robbie Boy

You can think all you want of his performance, but would prefer if people would stop call him stupid names.
I would prefer if the term 'hate' and 'hater' stop being used because a player is being criticised for an abysmal performance. An assertion that our manager clearly agrees with.

Status
Not open for further replies.