Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

Haters out in force, eh?
Makes a change from the increasingly silly opinion that he's some sort of superstar, I suppose.

It's hilarious that people think playing him ahead of Herrera (who has proven over time to be a much better central midfielder) is going to change anything. Yet four good games to start this season and he's a walking miracle.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Being on the receiving end of hoofball equals being creative these days?
Don't worry it's not a compliment towards Fellaini you can continue to bash him, my post was more so, that we've looked more of a threat when hoofing it to a half-fit Fellaini. Which says a lot about our current Plan A of playing football.

Ekeke

Yeah, I can excuse the fact that he was not fully fit, but he is a box player. His best use is either defending set pieces or attacking set pieces.
Exactly. He's an attacker. Not a glamorous one, but sometimes an effective one. The closer we see him towards our goal (other than on a set piece) the more trouble we're in

Plato

How was he creative in any way? Genuinely not sure what you class as such.
Exactly. He was as creative as a lamppost. Creative isn't the adjective to describe a player like Fellaini. Creativity is quick-wittedness, not nodding the ball on.

kundalini

A shocking performance until his late chance. Several poor errors, lucky they didn't cost us a goal.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
With good reason, hopeless player.
The last player that should be blamed for that shishow. Getting rushed back from injury in such a game he was bound to make mistakes. Mkhi, Herrera, Lukaku all useless. Martial did absolutely nothing as well. Yeah, I know hoofball, yadda yadda, but the game passes him by, at least Fellaini tries do something with his considerably lesser talent.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
How was he creative in any way? Genuinely not sure what you class as such.
Because hoofing it to Fellaini and Fellaini knocking it for players was the biggest source of a threat we could muster up all game. Unless you were watching a different game?

The point is, I'm criticising our Plan A of playing football. When hoofing it to a half-fit Fellaini is the best we can do to create chances compared to 80 or-so minutes of awful attacking play it says a lot about our attacking "talents" at the moment.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Makes a change from the increasingly silly opinion that he's some sort of superstar, I suppose.

It's hilarious that people think playing him ahead of Herrera (who has proven over time to be a much better central midfielder) is going to change anything. Yet four good games to start this season and he's a walking miracle.
I've always liked Herrera but he has been pretty poor. Seems to be consistently regressing.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I like how his lack of first touch is supposedly a result of him not being match-fit. Abysmal defensively, a bit unlucky not to score. You really have to give him credit for appearing at the end of those crosses though — Lukaku fails to do it even though they're basically the same size.

Class is permanent though, and he doesn't have any.

Kapardin

Obviously not fit but still engineered our best chances in the second half. Better than Mkhi and Herrera today.
We played hoofball and he did his job. Half-fit. Wonder why he's getting the hate. Of course he was poor today, I think Jose never planned to start him unless things were desperate.

He's an average player, but still offers more than Herrera and Mkhi.

Godfather

He is way ahead of Herrera. In fact I can't wait for Herrera to be dropped and Felli being played again

Kostur

海尔的老板
I like how his lack of first touch is supposedly a result of him not being match-fit. Abysmal defensively, a bit unlucky not to score. You really have to give him credit for appearing at the end of those crosses though — Lukaku fails to do it even though they're basically the same size.

Class is permanent though, and he doesn't have any.
You do know that this argument was also tossed at other players who didn't play at the beginning of the season (yet still trained) and then jumped in the squad looking shite? It was called being rusty then.

Fellaini was obviously rushed today, needlessly so.

ManUtd1999

Obviously not fit but still engineered our best chances in the second half. Better than Mkhi and Herrera today.
Herrera and Mikhi have been useless for weeks now. Fellaini did more in the last 15 minutes that they did all game long.

Kag

He is way ahead of Herrera. In fact I can't wait for Herrera to be dropped and Felli being played again
Herrera is a much better central midfielder. The evidence to suggest that is overwhelming and undeniable unless you haven't watched any of the last three seasons.

Godfather

Herrera is a much better central midfielder. The evidence to suggest that is overwhelming and undeniable unless you haven't watched any of the last three seasons.
He is in horrible form and has been so all season. Does nothing but fall over and moan.

thagaffer

Supports
Local team: Chelsea
:confused: :confused: Poor lad looked like he was abit nervous tonight a shame never seen him like that

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't know why he was so deep at times. He's terrible there. Get him into the channels or don't play him.

shield

I don't think he should be blamed at all. Ideally he would have been eased in with 20 min cameos but our usual midfield has been pathetic of late and we were getting battered so he had to come in.

In general though, I wish Mourinho had tried to develop and encourage ball playing players . A Pereira was ready to make the step up and he should have been utilized more often. We needed a combative midfielder today who can carry the ball. But we don't have any because we have never tried to encourage players like that. We are result oriented and so we would rather play Fellaini and try to lump the ball and get something out of the match than give chances to players who will be useful to us in the long run.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Thought he did well for the time he was on. Certainly made his presence felt and was very unlucky with his chance, which was a great piece of skill. We certainly did not lose because of him.

Ekeke

Thought he did well for the time he was on. Certainly made his presence felt and was very unlucky with his chance, which was a great piece of skill. We certainly did not lose because of him.
We were lucky to get away with some of his errors near his own box, but yes he had a few decent moments in the last few minutes up front

Ace of Spades

Exactly. He's an attacker. Not a glamorous one, but sometimes an effective one. The closer we see him towards our goal (other than on a set piece) the more trouble we're in
It is baffling that when he came on he was playing so deep and trying to play the ball out from the back, that is when he looked the worst. Once he started playing closer to the box, he was much better.

cj_sparky

Obviously not fit at all, think this game came too early and should not have been involved today. We also need to get him further forward than he was when he first came on as he nearly cost us two goals.

Litch

Let's not make him the scapegoat. We aren't good enough to carry players and Herrera and Miki have been terrible for weeks now. Those two are clearly were the upgrades are needed as these are no better than squad players at mo.

ManUtd1999

He's an average player who doesn't belong at a big club; yet he'll win a couple of tackles next game and everyone will pretend he's quality. And on the cycle goes.
He is quality. What is not quality is criticizing a player who just came back from an injury, in Stamford Bridge, with the team being behind and playing already poorly.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

It's funny cause yesterday I just pointed out something similar about the Fellaini situation in one of the thread on these boards.

It's been quite surprising seeing the impact of Fellaini absence and importance being likened to Pogba's while being talked about as our solution to our woes.

And I was sure that after one game played by Fellaini upon his return some people would come back to reality.

Seij

Need to make sure he stays on the opposition half of the pitch and contribute offensively. Has way too much clumsiness and errors in him that he shouldn't be hanging out anywhere near De Gea.

Status
Not open for further replies.