5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Obviously the whole Martial vs Rashford thing has kicked off because of the glut of late goals after Anthony comes on as a sub.

Does anyone else think that Fellaini also deserves some credit for our strong finish in both these games?
Well Fellaz played a big part in our second goal. Made a nice lofted pass to Lukaku.

ManUtd1999

Obviously the whole Martial vs Rashford thing has kicked off because of the glut of late goals after Anthony comes on as a sub.

Does anyone else think that Fellaini also deserves some credit for our strong finish in both these games?
I felt that he has disrupted the rhythm of Swansea (who were attacking with full force before the substitutions of Fellaini and Martial). He filled the area between the midfield and the defense and, most importantly, let Pogba go forward. That was the most important outcome of his substitution in my view.

AR87

Fellaini as a squad player mostly making appearances off the bench is his perfect role. He's a great tactical option and he'll never complain about his role and just get on with it while working as hard as he can. There's a reason both Mourinho and LVG have frequently made use of him.

Kapardin

He's the perfect squad player. Deserves to wear the shirt and if I may say so, 27 mil was a bargain for him regardless of whether it was a panic buy or not.

Jose had eyes on him when he was at Chelsea and its' clear he knows how to use him well.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He's had a great start to the season so far. I'm glad he's shutting his critics up (me included)

el3mel

Very good squad player and Mourinho is using him in the right way now.

Jarman

How many times are BT going to mention a fractional offside that is impossible to see at real time. This surely means onside as should go in the favour of attacking team just as Mata's should have. I hate BT they just want controversy at all times.

Golden Nugget

Great cameo from him once again - I believe his first touch was almost a headed assist to Lukaku

Ace of Spades

Being used as I hoped he would.Off the bench he has been great. Hope he gets a new contract. He is a very useful squad player, especially in the league IMO.

Irrational.

How many times are BT going to mention a fractional offside that is impossible to see at real time. This surely means onside as should go in the favour of attacking team just as Mata's should have. I hate BT they just want controversy at all times.
Chris Foy thought it wasn't offside as Morgan made a "deliberate action to play the ball" in trying to block Rashford's cross.

As an aside, I strongly think he's going to be our version of Darren Fletcher this season. Expect Jose to use him against the bigger teams, and maybe in the Champions' League.

Akshay

Staff
Happy to see him get that goal, he always celebrates in a way that shows how much it means to him. I think he's also doing a better job than last season in these cameos by breaking up the play and winning aerial duels without major errors.

Devil81

Finally I appreciate Fellaini, four years he's been at United and for 3 years I couldn't stand the sight of him.

Mourinho has changed him, he's found his strength and he's now a huge asset. Long may Fellaini stay for me now, he's a brilliant option from the bench.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Very good squad player and Mourinho is using him in the right way now.
Yep. Fellaini would always have been a great squad player, but year after year he ended up starting far too many games and somehow being first choice. That's the only issue. And it's not really an issue that is his fault.

If he's continued to be used like this throughout most of the year, he'll go on to be a fantastic weapon for us.

WoodysWallet

In a way he's one of my favourite players at United at the moment.

He gives his all in every game, he always wins those niggly one on ones in central areas. And he almost always scores or comes close.

He deserves a lot more credit than he receives, and anyone that doesn't realise that cannot have the teams best interests at heart imo.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Chris Foy just explained that the goal was legitimate and onside.

Morgan tries to block the ball en route from Lingard, and so that deflection plays Fellaini onside.

Mike09

He scores goals galore, He scores goals, He scores goals galore, He scores goals, He scores goals galore, He scores goals, Marouane Fellaini, He scores goals. :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
The goal had a hint of good fortune about it but he was in the right place for it.

shield

Great cameo. Bringing him, Rashford/Martial on against tired defenses is a very potent strategy. Teams will always struggle to deal with him because of his strength. During the later stages when the opponent is lumping balls in he wins most aerial duels he contests. Helps us stay composed and on the front foot.

JawZ

Very nice impact player. Mourinho has helped him find a place here. Great to have him as an option.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's going to do a Valencia and change everyone's opinion of him this year. Now he's got a specific role and isn't being relied on for other aspects.

togg

I've always had respect for him and I'm delighted for him. He's battled against all the odds to become a very important member of the squad for Mourinho. Mourinho really understands his strengths and when those strengths are really needed for the good of the team. He'll never be pretty, but goodness can he cause mayhem with the opposition. He causes worries in opposition defences. The vitriol he's had to come through; but always keeping his head up and always really trying to make it work. I mean even in the match day thread, a few people are starting to say 'time for Fellainie to come on?'. That is a huge change of direction.....!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He did very well yesterday, won countless balls and header and initiated immediate counter attacks. Finally he is of proper use

RedCurry

He's a serial closer of games. Comes into the game and the shop absolutely shuts off.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He did very well yesterday, won countless balls and header and initiated immediate counter attacked . Finally he is of proper use
He has been of proper use for a long time.

Even excelled under LVG. He's just one of those players whose negatives are shouted from the rooftops and the positives quietly spoken of often qualified with some negative.

Seanus

And the best thing is he appears to have cut out the annoying, pointless fouling of opponents and is winning the ball fairly much more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.