Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Another from Serie A. I really have no interest in Serie A, but looking at players like Cuadrado & Darmian I just don't think they translate too well to the English league.
When we first signed him.. I mentioned that he looked slow as feck in his YouTube vids and I was worried how he'd adapt to the PL.

He blew me away in preseason so I thought nothing of my initial impression. Same goes for Depay. Big shame.

ZDwyr

We should not have sold Rafael. At least not until Darmian was fully settled in and had shown that he was competent.

stevoc

I wonder if more will start to realise that Valencia is actually a very good full back compared to alternatives here or elsewhere.
In comparison to what Darmian is serving up this season, it's making Valencia look like Cafu.

Valencia did well last season but he shouldn't really be our long term first choice either. Hopefully we can find a really good RB in the near future if Darmian doesn't work out.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think he has the potential to be a really good player. Some players I don't think will ever make it but I think he is decent.

dichinero

I think it's really unfair that we are on his back without considering other factors. Coming a relatively aged and slower Serie A, Darmian would always need at least a year to find his feet. We saw his potential at the start of the season, before the rigours of the PL hit him. Like all of our new foreign players I say we gave them a season to fully adjust eg Memphis, Martial etc.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
In comparison to what Darmian is serving up this season, it's making Valencia look like Cafu.

Valencia did well last season but he shouldn't really be our long term first choice either. Hopefully we can find a really good RB in the near future if Darmian doesn't work out.
Don't know what you're on about mate, like a couple other of posters above me and probably a lot more think: he hasn't been that bad this season.

Sure, he's played a few bad passes and has been caught out of position once or twice in his last few games, and he definitely needs to work on the fact he gives away too many fouls and struggles going forward at times, but he's been okay. He'll probably be very good once he's adapted to a different country, league and style.

Irrational.

To be fair to him he's being played at LB when he was bought as a RB. Having your position changed every other week isn't doing him any favours.

stevoc

Don't know what you're on about mate, like a couple other of posters above me and probably a lot more think: he hasn't been that bad this season.

Sure, he's played a few bad passes and has been caught out of position once or twice in his last few games, and he definitely needs to work on the fact he gives away too many fouls and struggles going forward at times, but he's been okay. He'll probably be very good once he's adapted to a different country, league and style.

For my money he has been awful since september. I also hope he settles in and vastly improves. But that doesn't change my opinion on what i have seen from him this season so far.

For the most part he has been a non entity in an attacking sense and weak in defence. Thought he was poor again tonight, especially for the 3rd goal. And his panicked clearances are as bad or worse than anything people on here were ripping Evans apart for last season.

All in my opinion of course feel free to disagree.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's been shite for for a good few months. Completely useless defensively and going forward.

Clyne would have been a better option. :lol: at those who thought he could get into Bayern's team.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I've held the hope that he will improve and show any sign of being a decent defender and/or even slightly competent on the ball but have to say I'm losing hope.

Just nowhere near good enough.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
People are being too harsh on him, he wasn't that bad. I'm sure once he settles in he will become a great player for us.

Manny

Grammar Police
For my money he has been awful since september. I also hope he settles in and vastly improves. But that doesn't change my opinion on what i have seen from him this season so far.

For the most part he has been a non entity in an attacking sense and weak in defence. Thought he was poor again tonight, especially for the 3rd goal. And his panicked clearances are as bad or worse than anything people on here were ripping Evans apart for last season.

All in my opinion of course feel free to disagree.
I agree. I thought he had a poor game against Liverpool but when I came on here, everyone was raving about him. It all unravelled at the next game where it seems he got blamed for both PSV goals.

I think there were a a couple of games after that where he was either made to swap flanks or taken off at half time for being poor.

There was also the Arsenal performance where I thought he was largely responsible for two goals.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree. I thought he had a poor game against Liverpool but when I came on here, everyone was raving about him. It all unravelled at the next game where it seems he got blamed for both PSV goals.

I think there were a a couple of games after that where he was either made to swap flanks or taken off at half time for being poor.

There was also the Arsenal performance where I thought he was largely responsible for two goals.
Started well then faded and has not been any better than McNair level. Which considering he's a full Italian international is disappointing, hopefully he kicks on and it's just a case of settling in. But I like my defenders to have a basic level that they just don't go below when playing poorly (getting the basics right and doing simple things properly) and Darmans basic level is way below what I thought it would be.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We should not have sold Rafael. At least not until Darmian was fully settled in and had shown that he was competent.
Rafael needed to be sold to be fair we have been very unlucky with both Valencia (injury) Darmain (being poor). We also have Jones as a third stand in and he's been injury prone. But the biggest injury prone was Rafael. We needed to move on we just haven't bought the proper replacement and for my money that was Coleman all day long!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
To be fair to him he's being played at LB when he was bought as a RB. Having your position changed every other week isn't doing him any favours.
He alternated between right and left all the time before he came here. He should be used to both positions by now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Since it's the same story for all our players, I suspect that the tactical work is pretty shit at carrington.

Get In Scholesy

I hope he settles and delivers.

I'm afraid that buying from a Serie A is bound to fail due to the differences of speed and intensity of the Premier League. I struggle to find a player in the past 5-6 years or maybe even more than that who has come directly from the Serie A and found success in England.

Which makes me wary every time we are linked with a player from the Italian League, it seems an easier league to excel in these days, probably due to its slower nature.

Born2Lose

Not worried about this guy at the minute, he'll get at least a season of patience from me before writing him off. It's not just sides he's switching almost every game but usually the winger ahead of him too.

m1y2

He spent reasonable time playing LB/LWB in Torino so it doesn't really make sense to make apologies on this account. What's more I reckon he was bought exactly for the reason to cover both fullback positions. It's not helping him much to build some kind of partnership with whoever would play ahead of him but position wise it's exactly the same gameplay, it is much tougher to play a striekr or in the hole next week or CB/fullback than both fullbacks..

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I hope that Smalling penalty decision is engraved in his brain. He has gotten away with a few similar, no even more blatant incidents.

Drifter

American
Seems to enjoy the PL. Even though he says it's a difficult championship he would like to continue on.So puts those Juve rumours to bed.

Brophs

The One and Only
Massive mistakes and positional issues in every game now, regardless of which side he plays on. If he doesn't acclimatise and improve over the next few months and start next season well then we'll likely ship him off to Italy post haste.

stevoc

Rafael needed to be sold to be fair we have been very unlucky with both Valencia (injury) Darmain (being poor). We also have Jones as a third stand in and he's been injury prone. But the biggest injury prone was Rafael. We needed to move on we just haven't bought the proper replacement and for my money that was Coleman all day long!
Nah our most injury prone player is and was Jones. I'm sure Rafael was sold more for other reasons, maybe his attacking nature and risky passing more than his injury record.

If he was discarded for his injury record alone then Jones should have been out the door with him, thats if Phil managed to make it through the door without tripping on the step and injuring himself for 6 weeks.

stevoc

To be fair he has a hand in conceding a goal in almost every game he plays. Their third goal last night came from a move which he could have easily cleared.

acnumber9

He's caused 90% of our problems in defence. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Revan

Assumptionman
It doesn't help that he is played in the other wing. His worst performances have come while he was playing as left back and also while we were struggling.

This isn't the real Darmian IMO, he is much better than this and will prove it, given time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hopefully he'll be a little more settled now he's on the right.

CM

Constantly out of position, I don't know what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.