Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkaAkuma

This is somwthing ive been trying to say about our RW sotuation & how it effects memphis & martial alot. No one on the right side will stretch the line across atm.
The same could be said when Valencia was the main focus of attacks. He's good at exploiting space. But if nobody is stretching play on the other flank then he's going to fail when it lands on him to dribble past players.

Mani

He's much better at right and that's his strength moving him to left doesn't help any.
Bringing in the CB and move Blind to LB or Shaw's return would keep him play at his natural position.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely played much better on the right. Defensively speaking I don't have any complaints about him. The occasional lapse in concentration or bad pass, but its to be expected for a newcomer to the league and in our team. My only complaints with him is his attacking, which has improved a bit in recent weeks I think. Definitely needs Shaw back so its not all on him though.

littlepeasoup

I know he's played LB before, but I don't think he should be considered anything but a right back. I think Shaw's injury really did scupper LvG's defensive plans, especially in those wider positions. Would prefer players who excel in one position rather than players who can 'do a job' in many.

When Shaw's back he'll either be RB, or not in the team.

thepolice123

Doesn't look like he's playing with confidence and not aggressive enough. Evra had way smaller build but in defence he was an animal.

stevoc

I know he's played LB before, but I don't think he should be considered anything but a right back. I think Shaw's injury really did scupper LvG's defensive plans, especially in those wider positions.

That is always likely happen when you knowingly go into a season with only two recognized fullbacks one of whom is a bit injury prone.

Man Utd 0:1 Southampton

Stringer

His ability on the ball is non-existant. If a opposition player gets within about 10 yards of him, he just hoofs the ball to the opposition goalkeeper.

Classical Mechanic

I just think the stage is too big for him. He looked terrified in his first interview for the club and he looks terrified on the pitch. Some players can't cope with the glare and pressure of playing for a major club.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
His ability on the ball is non-existant. If a opposition player gets within about 10 yards of him, he just hoofs the ball to the opposition goalkeeper.
You could also view that as Rooney (long ball), Martial (channel), Fellaini (mid range diagonal) and Lingard (near side) giving him no options.

He seems to suffer away from the right back position though. His versatility is good but his performances away from his main position really suffer.

Stringer

You could also view that as Rooney (long ball), Martial (channel), Fellaini (mid range diagonal) and Lingard (near side) giving him no options.
Sometimes that is the case but there were a few times where he seemed to just panic and smashed the ball forwards to no one.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's really regressed into one of the worst defenders to play regularly for us in years.

kps88

I could be wrong but I don't remember him being so terrible on the ball at the start of the season. I was actually happy with the way he always looked to pass forward compared to the days of Valencia passing it backwards/sideways all the time.

acnumber9

I don't remember having to say this before for a supposedly solid defender but that was great defending.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Once we replaced him with Mcshit I knew that we would lose the game

Devil may care

Another fullback down, even though he was playing CB today. Showed some old fashioned defenders guts on the challenge he got hurt in.

ZDwyr

Really brave header. Shame his effort ended up being for nothing.

Sylar

I could be wrong but I don't remember him being so terrible on the ball at the start of the season. I was actually happy with the way he always looked to pass forward compared to the days of Valencia passing it backwards/sideways all the time.
A player who started of bright, with energy and excitement and then has over time regressed under LVG you say? lol

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bloody hell that's bad. Possibly at least 5 weeks. Who the feck are we going to play in defense? It's really worrying me.
Makes those caftards giving shit to LVG for not letting him play on look even more cringeworthy...

stevoc

Broken rib and punctured lung according to the Mail...
That will be a load of weeks/months on the sidelines then. Never know it might do him good, as he certainly isn't playing himself into form as it is.

Surely now we have to do what we should have fecking done in the summer and buy a few bloody defenders.

Shaw, Valencia, Rojo, Jones and now Darmian all injured for good periods of time. It was insane to go into the season with only 6-7 defenders.

Skills

Snitch
Broken rib isn't that bad. Punctured lung doesn't sound too good though

C'est Moi Cantona

Bloody hell that's bad. Possibly at least 5 weeks. Who the feck are we going to play in defense? It's really worrying me.
Ah we're bad everywhere just now, this is just another problem to add to many others.

I just hope they don't back LvG with a Bruno Martins Indi type signing.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Valencia is back soon I think.
Suppose that's good news, but even our wingers turned fullbacks are injured for now :lol: I mean in terms of actual first team defenders, we've got Smalling and Blind fit. That's it. McNair can do a job and Borthwick-Jackson has come in and not been bad so suppose that's alright, but we should've definitely gone in for a left back this window to replace Shaw.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Not good to see him injured, and sounds like it could be a serious one. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

If he is out for a decent period of time, we really are beyond bare bones at full back now. Need some players to start coming back from injury, or to bring someone in quickly. Otherwise I can see it costing us points. We are struggling to create chances, so if we give away cheap goals due to lack of quality at the back, then we are going to drop points left right and center. Right now, I can see us struggling to make the top four.

Devil may care

Glad to hear he's ok, amazingly he looks even younger in that pic than in his banner pic, the facial fuzz is not having the desired effect.

izec

I still have high hopes for him once van Gaal leaves. Was very good at the beginning, then our manager worked his magic and 'improved' our players with his philosophy and process bullshit.

You are not wrong. He was very good at that. I remember replying to someone at the beginning of the season that this will change once van Gaal gets to him and he will start playing shit passes.

stepic

I think it's way too early to write him off. First season in a new league, we will know more next season, particularly if LVG isn't here

Status
Not open for further replies.