5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

I think over the past few weeks I've 'got it' with Memphis.

He's trying things, he's working harder, he looks talented.

No, not everything comes off. But you don't expect it to, but this is at least what I thought we'd get from Memphis and what I expect to see from him.

Hopefully no more of the games from the start of the season where he wasn't trying anything.

facund

Not a great game overall but it is nice to see him showing intensity, desire and intent which were lacking up until Saturday. Not sure he is suited to the left in our system but as long as he remains as committed as today he'll earn himself a lot more patience.

Devil may care

His attitude has picked up on the pitch, as has his workrate and I thought he did well in the 2nd half, him and Martial as the 9 and 10 would be my choice for the next few games as their link-up shows promise.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I think over the past few weeks I've 'got it' with Memphis.

He's trying things, he's working harder, he looks talented.

No, not everything comes off. But you don't expect it to, but this is at least what I thought we'd get from Memphis and what I expect to see from him.

Hopefully no more of the games from the start of the season where he wasn't trying anything.
He's like Nani, very talented and attacking but so frustrating to watch

roykeane19

I really think he needs a run of games, he is very tricky, strong, and can dribble past 2-3 players, shouldnt be punished for losing the ball to much, by being dropped for many matches

I think in 1-2 years we`ll have a very good player if he keeps developing which he will

VanGaalEra

He has to keep playing, he tries and excites tbh.

Seems to be slowly getting his confidence back which is important.

RedStarUnited

My main issues with him before this month was his lack of effort. He was just generally very lethargic, but he has improved there.

Iron Stove

I feel quite certain he'll make it at United. He's inconsistent currently, but is obviously really talented. Everything is going to click for him one of these days. Loving his hustle the last two games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Inconsistent throughout the game, but very hard working and a lot of good moments as well. He'll make it, just needs to be stuck with and keep faith in him.

Not sure if hes ever going to be a proper winger though. A wide forward is more likely.

Acole9

Outstanding
He tried his best tonight and was very unfortunate on the free kick, it was a nice attempt considering how close it was to the goal. I hope van Gaal sticks with him now and doesn't drop him.

ZDwyr

He wasn't too bad. A bit anonymous in the first but improved in the second.

RedStarUnited

I just watched the highlights again. LVG will kill him when they review the way we conceded the second goal.

Draxler is next to him when he switches the ball over to Schurle. Draxler then rans past him and Memphis is caught ball watching. The ball is switched back to Draxler, at this moment, Memphis could still have run back and put pressure on him, he doesnt. He runs back a little to have a great view of Draxler gliding past our non tackling defenders.

I know its a seemingly small thing, but its the small details that could win you a game sometimes. He should have tracked Draxler back and put him under pressure.

Manny

Grammar Police
I just watched the highlights again. LVG will kill him when they review the way we conceded the second goal.

Draxler is next to him when he switches the ball over to Schurle. Draxler then rans past him and Memphis is caught ball watching. The ball is switched back to Draxler, at this moment, Memphis could still have run back including Darmian and put pressure on him, he doesnt. He runs back a little to have a great view of Draxler gliding past our non tackling defenders.

I know its a seemingly small thing, but its the small details that could win you a game sometimes. He should have tracked Draxler back and put him under pressure.
I'll need to see it again but I thought Darmian looked at fault for that. It looked like he was ball watching.

Edit: I see what you mean. Although I still couldn't blame Memphis for that. Draxler plays that pass from his own half and there were plenty of bodies back, including Darmian, to deal with Draxlers run. You can't expect your winger to track the opposition winger across half the length of the pitch.

Last edited:

Devil may care

I think he needs to play behind Martial if we are going top continue with the 4-2-3-1, he's not a winger and only works as a LWF when playing wide in my view.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played well in the second half, beat his man, unlucky with the free kick, delightful little flick to put Martial through and was unlucky with his overhead kick.

I got savaged on here for suggesting he was lacking confidence, he seems to be getting that confidence back.

Player Red

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a run out on the right hand side of the pitch. Obviously his strengths for PSV were cutting in from the left but would be interesting to see how successful he could be going down the outside of a defender on his stronger foot.

ivaldo

Thought he played quite well during the week, hopefully his confidence is return and we will see a little more from the lad, needs to start against Bournemouth for me.

ivaldo

That was a very encouraging performance.

Used the ball intelligently, and was dangerous. The scooped pass setting up Martial was particularly impressive.
Yeah its a shame Martial couldn't have taken it first time. He worked had for the team too, won the ball several times.

ivaldo

Started really well, his confidence is definitely returning.

dcullivanio

Looks like a player with something to prove. Showing a determination and workrate that wasn't there a few months ago. He's looking promising and dangerous

ivaldo

People complained about him bulking up but it seems to be paying off, he's holding the ball up well and shrugging players off the ball.

Chicharito_

Suddenly looks really quick, confidence is everything in football. Seems to be running so much more aggressively and with intent - good to see.

El Zoido

Our best outfield player in the first half, glad to see his form improving.

Gee Male

He's been fecking shocking today. Zero heart, zero character.

Not sure what he needs now, there's a player there but just doesn't seem interested, seems to have no competitive spirit at all.

ivaldo

He's been fecking shocking today. Zero heart, zero character.

Not sure what he needs now, there's a player there but just doesn't seem interested, seems to have no competitive spirit at all.
First half he was very good, well down the list for worst player of the second half too.

Status
Not open for further replies.