Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Fellaini will be dropped for the Wolfsburg game and Menphis will come in. He won't play as well, then he'll be dropped for the following game and Fellaini will return.

LVG works game by game, which is incredible for someone so versed in the philosophical rigours of the game.
Agreed. Memphis was the biggest bright spot of the game for me. Just a shame he struggled from the start in his last match. If he can string a run of good games together over Christmas then I reckon he could nail down a starting spot with a bit of allowance for his inevitable inconsistencies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That dribble when he set up a chance for Martial was exactly what you would expect him to do regulary. Of course, he doesn't have to dribble past three players and put it on plate for our forward in every attack, but creating something out of nothing at least one or two times per game is I think decent expectations from any winger playing for top team.

I don't expect him to have great final ball yet but I expect him to at least get past players bit easier than he did this season so far, final ball will eventually come with years.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Memphis is back from the start :cool:

ants7

really hope that resting him was good for him and he can put in a shift today. God knows we need it.

m1y2

hope he has a great game! Mata in the middle seems also positive to me for both wide players but I believe Jesse might interchange with Juan a lot, we lack a bit of mobility in the middle so would be actually nice to see Jesse in the middle pulling strings

Oo0AahCantona

He's absolutely unable to beat a man 1 on 1, which in the position he plays is a pre-requisite. Im concerned to be honest, because we purchased him as a winger/wide forward and its looking like his skillset is as a CF.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'll say it again: a fraud.
I still think it's way too early to judge him fully. He's had some decent games and does have potential, but is incredibly inconsistent at the moment and is having too many games like this one where he doesn't make much of an impact out wide and looks quite average. Hopefully he'll improve though.

khoazany

He's absolutely unable to beat a man 1 on 1, which in the position he plays is a pre-requisite. Im concerned to be honest, because we purchased him as a winger/wide forward and its looking like his skillset is as a CF.
I think we really should count him as either a forward option or a backup winger from now on.No middle ground.He just doesn't have "it" at winger position it's not even the matter of form or adapting to the new football environment.Just not his position really.

Oo0AahCantona

I think we really should count him as either a forward option or a backup winger from now on.No middle ground.He just doesn't have "it" at winger position it's not even the matter of form or adapting to the new football environment.Just not his position really.
Not even as a backup winger, he simply cant play there its bizare.

the hea

The problem is non of our current wingers are good enough to be counted as anything more than backup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think he can play as a winger really. His strengths are his movement and quick interplay and usually his goalscoring, not dribbling past players 1 v 1.

khoazany

The problem is non of our current wingers are good enough to be counted as anything more than backup.
He's easily the worst though so it's just a matter of picking the best option out of what we have and I don't think he's the one.

Not even as a backup winger, he simply cant play there its bizare.
I think he can cause some havocs from the bench when the defenders are tired but that's it.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Don't think he can play as a winger really. His strengths are his movement and quick interplay and usually his goalscoring, not dribbling past players 1 v 1.
His quick interplay is poor. He occasionally flicks it nicely, and that's about it.
He's a right-footed Hulk:

Pretty much looks crap every time you watch him.
Has a hard shot/ free kick.
Can't dribble, other than the very occasional run.
Is too bulky.

He basically needs to be running on the counter attack into yards of space, or striking the ball to be of any use.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I feel that if we can not fix Depay, their is no need to buy anymore attacking wide players under this management. They seem to become half the player they are when they join us. Di Maria and Depay are two quality wingers before we bought them and when they play for us, they look good for a couple of months, then they become average despite being very talented players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Been very good this second half.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If we give him the space to work with, to take on the defenders at speed, then he works. Our possession close play with the tight spaces being worked by passing is a waste of his skills.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
A lot better in the second half. Far from perfect, but I felt like he certainly offered some sort of threat.

Zoo

Good second half. A bit quiet in the first but he wasn't awful or anything. Some weird posts in here.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Subpar first half, although he was working hard, good second half.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good second half. A bit quiet in the first but he wasn't awful or anything. Some weird posts in here.
I really fail to see why he was any worse than lingard or Martial today. against West Ham as well.

Gopher Brown

He has a very low footballing intelligence, he reminds me of Theo Walcott in this regard (certainly a few years ago), always taking the wrong choice.

Time and time again he cuts inside where it's incredibly congested and he has no room. It works when counter-attacking, but not this way.

Perhaps play him on the right, like a normal human being would.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
A rather anonymous first half but was one of our better players in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.