Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You're not allowed to enjoy the trappings of your wealth if you're not playing well on the pitch. It's the unwritten rule of football.

He's supposed to be at home in a darkened room, dressed in a burlap sack and concentrating on getting his form back. Preferably on a diet of dust and self flagellation.
:lol: Quality.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What does him buying Rolls Royce's or dressing in shit rapper clothes have to do with his performances or his supposedly bad attitude?
Not a thing, it's just things people bring it up when players are not performing well.

ZDwyr

What does him buying Rolls Royce's or dressing in shit rapper clothes have to do with his performances or his supposedly bad attitude?
Could mean that he has gotten too comfortable. Now that he is earning that kinda money he thinks he has 'made it' and thus isn't training as hard or showing the desire to perform. Or that he has distractions off the pitch which means he isn't as focused as he could be and that is impacting upon his performance.

Of course that is just what 'could' have happened. Not saying I agree with it necessarily.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's been less than half a year since this thread was created. Looking at the first page, how the fans have turned on him so quick.

Brightonian

Yep, very fickle. He's not been good enough so far, but it's way too soon to be giving up on him or turning against him. Even if he was a mature, finished-product player it would be too soon, and he's still a fairly raw kid. Two years younger than Lingard, remember.

You're allowed to not want someone to start games at the moment whilst also believing that he can be an important player for the team in the future.

Empire

I don't remember much about a young Ruud but with Suarez the physical attributes were there, the pace, high energy and stubborn dedication to win the ball and things that translate to any league. With Memphis with the very first game he played on the wing it became so clear how limited he was in his ability or lack thereof to beat a full back. Its astonishing that LvG spent so much time coaching him with the national team and didn't see that coming.

He has the attributes of a decent striker but as a left winger or even a wide forward, he's hopeless. I'm not sure if the weight is holding back his acceleration or atleast we better hope so, otherwise it might take a while to convert him into a full time striker and if that fails, its a sunk cost. A speculative investment of 15 mil wouldn't have been bad but we paid twice that for him and expected him to be a defacto starter on the left wing.
We paid £19.25m with add ons of only a few million, the figure of £30m was incorrect because it's actually 30m euros that the fee could rise to which isn't much when you consider how well he did last season not just in the dutch league but Europa too.

He has the potential, he needs to improve on a few things but that's expected, it's much too early to write him off especially when you look at the overall performance of the team.

U99ted

Man of the match for me. Hopefully he'll do it against Premier League opposition as well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Came on and changed the look of the game. The only one to actually try and do something.

NinjaFletch

Absolute cretins on BBC are calling it a dive. :lol:

One of the most stonewall penalties you'll ever see.

ivaldo

Just seemed the only player willing to commit a player and take someone on, ignore the nonsense some have spouted here that he's too big, can't dribble or take a player on. Encouraging stuff.

the hea

looked very lively today, hopefully he can keep on improving on this performance because he is exactly the kind of player our attack is screaming for.

ivaldo

Seriously? fecktards. You could actually see the stud mark when he pulled his sock down!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Crazy, few people said it in the match thread too. He got a full set of studs to his left shin, absolutely stone wall penalty.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Plays 15 minutes. Takes two shots, both crap. Wins a penalty and the man of the match by a mile... That's Manchester United of 2016.

m1tch

A positive performance from him eventually, won us the game.

Ryan7

Plays 15 minutes. Takes two shots, both crap. Wins a penalty and the man of the match by a mile... That's Manchester United of 2016.
I wouldn't say the shots were crap. They were off target, but at least he attempted something.

Did really well to win the penalty. Good performance from him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Depay should be our 4th choice winger but the problem we have is Mata and Lindergard are so far away from the standard we need. Hopefully we buy Mane and Moura what a boost that would be for us. Darmain looks wanting as well.

Norris

Really lively today. Caused all sorts of problems in those 20 mins. Lingard was good too. Direct Running with Pace. It's the simplest formula for creating chaos. In the first replay I saw, I thought it was a dive too (Just the way he was falling down), but the second replay showed it was a clear Pen.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I wouldn't say the shots were crap. They were off target, but at least he attempted something.

Did really well to win the penalty. Good performance from him.
I'm not trying to take anything away from a half decent cameo. Just using that to highlight how pathetic we are.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I can see why people are calling it a dive - as he did quite deliberately throw himself to he ground. However, I think it's also reasonably clear that he does so in a failed attempt to avoid having his leg planted at the point the guy's studs crash in to it.

Obvious penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.