5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

I think he should be playing all the time, he is frustrating and his attitude is questionable at times but he can make things happen and he actually has attempts at goal.

Passing the ball side to side all the time is pointless, everyone knows how to play against us, everyone knows how to stop it and if LVG persists with all these similar players nothing is going to change.

Timdbro

He gets plenty of stick when things don't come off for him, so let's give him credit when they do. He was the only one to bring a bit of energy to the play, and something for the crowd to feed off.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Did very well when he came on. Was very positive in his play (which has surely pissed Vangle off and will result in Memphis starting for the u15s next week), which resulted in winning a stonewall penalty.

Should do wonders for his confidence, but I think he should be playing centrally. Was very good against Watford in that position and scored a great goal. I'd like to see him play behind Martial. There were some signs of a potentially great understanding earlier in the season.

LLMU

I just can't get around the fact that every time we had the ball out on the left there are three defenders marking Memphis. Either our system doesn't allow other players to pull defenders away or we are just too static in our play. Memphis certainly did well in his cameo but he can't do everything on his own.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He showed real intent to create havoc and that is a BIG plus in comparison to his teammate. I have little doubt he'll a good player, patience is needed because his development will be frustrating for a while.

NK86

Even before the run which earned penalty, he was my MoM. Tells a lot about overall display that but it was nice to see that he at least had intention to create/do something. Won't be a bad idea to give him a start next game.
Him and Pereira did more in 20 mins than Rooney, Mata, Herera and Fellaini combined the whole match. Pereira should get more chances. That ball behind for Lingard or Martial was top drawer and he is very capable of that.

ZDwyr

I really think we should use him as a super sub at the moment.No more,no less.
I agree. Young should not have lost his place to Memphis at the start of the season. I think van Gaal placed too much faith in both Memphis and Rooney and it is hurting him now.

dcullivanio

He gets plenty of stick when things don't come off for him, so let's give him credit when they do. He was the only one to bring a bit of energy to the play, and something for the crowd to feed off.
Agreed. If we dole out the negatives let's also try to see the positives when they occur. Such as his contribution from the bench yesterday

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
All his cameo has told me is that bringing him on as a sub if we need a goal (Which we in all likelihood will) is the way to go with him right now.

It's hard to tell how much potential he really has. His best games have come against Championship clubs and an injury hit crap Brugge side. On the other hand his ingenuity against PSV and Southampton were brilliant. What seems obvious that he's at best in the box or running on to passes. Feeding him the ball and asking him to beat his man and make something happen will not work

podurban2

Did not get a chance to see the game, but it looked like he was good judging from the highlights? Very similar to what I have seen him do in PSV, taking shots from outside the box whenever the opportunity is given to him. Hopefully he continues doing that, It is really what we need right now.

Ibi Dreams

Have we tried him as a right winger? I know he usually plays on the left, but I don't see why we can't at least try him there instead of Mata. He will at least stretch the play and can put in some good crosses, plus I feel like he might have a better time beating the full back on the outside rather than cutting in. I could sort of see him doing the Valencia thing, just running powerfully to the byline and getting the ball in. I think his left foot is good enough that he can still mix it up as well

RuudTom83

Shows how low standards are now that a few decent minutes get reactions like...he should be starting every game.

Nani was shipped out while LVG spent 20 million plus on Memphis. :rolleyes:

C'est Moi Cantona

How about we try him a CF again, he did OK against Watford there, Martial stays on the left, Depay upfront, Rooney/Herrera in behind, can't be any worse than what we're seeing now.

ricky-romeo

at least he had that believe to have a go and try at the goal. with memphis he needs that lift from the fans especially when things are not going that well.

our fans applauding and cheering an attempt from 25 yards though..:( while it was good for memphis, i never thought i'll be witnessing this.

kr0nix

Shows how low standards are now that a few decent minutes get reactions like...he should be starting every game.

Nani was shipped out while LVG spent 20 million plus on Memphis. :rolleyes:
20M+ is small change for United, especially when invested in a talent such as Memphis.

Despite his detractors, he fits the profile of a United forward perfectly, and I'm sure he will be a success here.

kr0nix

I just can't get around the fact that every time we had the ball out on the left there are three defenders marking Memphis. Either our system doesn't allow other players to pull defenders away or we are just too static in our play. Memphis certainly did well in his cameo but he can't do everything on his own.
All his cameo has told me is that bringing him on as a sub if we need a goal (Which we in all likelihood will) is the way to go with him right now.

It's hard to tell how much potential he really has. His best games have come against Championship clubs and an injury hit crap Brugge side. On the other hand his ingenuity against PSV and Southampton were brilliant. What seems obvious that he's at best in the box or running on to passes. Feeding him the ball and asking him to beat his man and make something happen will not work
He's a very direct, counter attacking player, who does best in a team that transitions quickly from defence to attack, but we're now at risk of going over old ground so I'll stop there.

I watched Real Madrid against Deportivo the other day. Leaving aside the disparity between the two teams, I was impressed by the way Real set up in order to get the most out of their three direct forward players; Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale. Obviously their attack betters ours by a significant margin, but the urgency with which Real played, the desire to get a shot in after 4 or 5 passes was readily apparent to me. I believe Memphis would profit greatly in such a system.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Looked lively when he came on, and had a decent involvement in Rooney's goal. Needs to be able to deliver that over a whole match though.

Scholesgoals

don't want a player like this near the club. comes on as a sub, last few minutes sees darmian doubled over on the left (why the feck is darmian on the left) and then doesn't track back to help his left back. This is how you concede goals. As a left back myself i would have made my point very clear. He has done nothing to warrant that freedom, take your stupid car back to holland.

acnumber9

? I would fault the effort and not the execution, he pushed Sissoko away (which is hard enough) but sadly couldnt take the ball with him. A lot happened after that as well, which wasnt good.
He could've just put it out of play. Though it was a refreshing change to see him actually bother trying to defend.

Devil81

Can't defend, fantastic in attacking positions, useless when needed at the back.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What was it then? He got robbed on the byline.
Like I said, wasn't great but he did well to originally get his body in there in the first place. His attacking play more than compensated for a misjudgement whilst trying go defend, no worse than Mata jogging out block the resulting cross.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Looked good to me tonight. Should've done better for their third, but at the same time there was mistakes before and after.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Better from him tonight and I won't blame the loss on his shite play for their third - the blame for the loss lies squarely with the fecking useless Fellaini.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Can't understand why he wasn't playing earlier given how recklessly Newcastle defended.

A 2nd great cameo in a row. Should have had an assist too. Fellaini robbed him of it.

saivet

He's a liability defensively but thought he looked alright when he came on

acnumber9

Like I said, wasn't great but he did well to originally get his body in there in the first place. His attacking play more than compensated for a misjudgement whilst trying go defend, no worse than Mata jogging out block the resulting cross.
It's pointless getting in position and doing feck all.

Fer

He has the talent and potential to be one of the best players, now it seems that he is recovering his form. He had a good game, but I expect more of him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's pointless getting in position and doing feck all.
He didn't do feck all though did he? Most players wouldnt have got in a position to make an error in the first place, as I say Mata is probably more to blame for not putting pressure on the crosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.