Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I dont think anyone would begrudge him celebrating his birthday. But there is really no need to flaunt on social media, especially on the back of a such a humbling defeat for the team.

Even Cristiano got slaughtered for his lavish celebrations on the same date Real lost 4-0 to Atletico.

Its not a matter of whether its right or wrong , but its about the PR image it portrays. Coupled with his aweful on-field perfomances, it doesnt create the best image for Memphis. His management team should be smart enough to know that. That's just how the life of a celebrity works.

RustyS

People are so small time and petty. I guess you lot mourn for three weeks after a bad day at work?

He lost a game of football, not his grandmother. Perspective ffs, perspective. It is not the end of the world.

Besides, the loss was hardly his fault. He didn't start the game and was OK when he came on.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Big moment for Memphis. With Rooney out until the end of March, he will compete with Adnan for an extended run in the team.

Thisistheone

Wouldn't mind seeing Memphis as our 9 like we seen at Watford. There's pace there to use and we don't have to worry about his tracking back so much.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I'd rather see him on the left. He's not going to be a CF in the long term, while Martial is.

Might as well give him some confidence and a run in his best position so that he goes into next season with the best possible chance of making an impact. Our season is a write-off anyway, the development of the youngsters is the only reason to be interested in watching right now.

jem

People are so small time and petty. I guess you lot mourn for three weeks after a bad day at work?

He lost a game of football, not his grandmother. Perspective ffs, perspective. It is not the end of the world.

Besides, the loss was hardly his fault. He didn't start the game and was OK when he came on.
Nobody is saying it is. He's just a gimp, is all. Let's hope he turns it on in Rooney's absence.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he can't start games when Rooney is injured and with one of the thinnest attacks in years, we should just cut our losses.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
If he can't start games when Rooney is injured and with one of the thinnest attacks in years, we should just cut our losses.
even though lvg has lasted as long as he has, there's still a hope he'll be gone in summer. nearly every player has been shit under him, so i'd be willing to give depay another shot next year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I concur. Memphis had so many chances already and didn't use them. It's time for someone else to get a chance to show what he can do.
Hes started 12 games...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Couldn't care less about what he drives or who he screws (beyond the usual jealousy) but he is terrible at football.

I voiced concerns when we were linked about him having no ability to run with the ball. In that sense, he doesn't seem an actual winger. My summary is not good enough personally, and I'm not of the view that a player needs to be here for years before they can be judged. I'd sell him in the summer if we could.

Brophs

The One and Only
Memphis is quite Welbeckian in his ability to get into great positions and then let it peter out to the extent that it seems like it was never a chance in the first place.

acnumber9

Memphis is quite Welbeckian in his ability to get into great positions and then let it peter out to the extent that it seems like it was never a chance in the first place.
Welbeck was a far better player mind you.

red_devil83

He's so selfish. He never gives the ball to anyone making a run he just selfishly tries to use the opportunity himself and does nothing with it. Really irritates me

Brophs

The One and Only
Er, I was hacked, guv...

Trizy

Even looked shit scoring his goal.. it's been said many times, he's not United level.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The attitude towards him from some people on here is pathetic. I swear they want him to fail.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
The attitude towards him from some people on here is pathetic. I swear they want him to fail.
Can't understand if those people call themselves "supporters", literally wanting your own players to fail and be agenda-driven towards them. Completely baffled. If you think he's shit, thats more than fair enough, but downplaying every good thing he does as well is something else.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I know it's mad. He's shown many times what he can do, I wouldn't write him off yet.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He actually did really well for the goal - had lost his footing before the cross but still put it in. If Hernandez does that, people laud him.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's been complete wank aside from the tap in. With a bit of luck someone will pay us 10m for him in the summer

ivaldo

Look at the reaction Carrick got for gifting them a goal and compare that to Depay failing to take his man on, ridiculously Depay gets more slack! In fact, 5 minutes after the goal and MC thread still hasn't been bumped.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I couldn't understand why you'd tag me after laughing at his fk. He was the best FK taker last year in Europe, wasn't he?

Credit where it's due, got a goal.

ivaldo

He's been complete wank aside from the tap in. With a bit of luck someone will pay us 10m for him in the summer
Every one of our attacks from open play have involved Depay, there's a reason why he finds himself in good positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.