Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably his best free kick of the season in the 93rd min.

I expect Rooney said something like, "just don't hit the wall, either stick it in the net, or smash it into the crowd...waste time"

Ludens the Red

Another horrendous performance, hope we don't make the mistake of thinking he needs time and keep him stinking the place up year after year, he's clearly a player with a distinct lack of talent and character and it doesn't matter how many years we keep him he wont suddenly gain a lot of ability and change his character.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Abysmal display. The only decent thing he did was the free kick towards the end.

Raw

Absolutely abysmal. Cannot believe how dire he was today considering this was his big chance at shutting down all the haters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everyone keeps saying the talent is there. I can't fecking see it. I would understand that point if his decision making was the problem. But that's not his problem. He simply can't get rid of a player marking him. His dribble success rate must be in the low teens.
To make it worse he can't use that tank- body of his to protect the ball of his life depended on it.
The simple truth is for a winger, his technical ability is too fecking atrocious.
You now add he lack of work rate, makes for a terrible player.

Irrational.

Best, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo...

Heck even Owen scored a winner vs City for us.

This clown needs to be loaned out, or at least played in the reserves until he manages to get some confidence back. If not, ship him out. What a waste of talent and money.

Adisa

I just don't know what talent he's supposed to have. Because it certainly isn't passing, shooting, running, dribbling, crossing, tackling, creativity, set pieces or work rate.
Please answer this? What is he good at?

Ludens the Red

Everyone keeps saying the talent is there. I can't fecking see it. I would understand that point if his decision making was the problem. But that's not his problem. He simply can't get rid of a player marking him. His dribble success rate must be in the low teens.
To make it worse he can't use that tank- body of his to protect the ball of his life depended on it.
The simple truth is for a winger, his technical ability is too fecking atrocious.
Yeah, I don't get it, I don't see what it is he's meant to be good at. I've tried so hard to find what others find but I don't see it. One thing I'll say is he definitely is not a winger because he lacks all the attributes an efficient winger would need.

Sylar

Worst ive seen him play. lucky to play the full 90 minutes. Given the lack of playing time recently, you would think he would be so up for it.

Is he a confidence player? If so, I really cant see LVG giving him that confidence.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Would have been good to see him play for the Dutch in the Euros this year had they qualified. Just to see whether he can perform better in a non-LVG team.

Still, maybe the rest will do him good. Needs to sort his confidence/head out. Can barely beat a player.

gza the genius

But I'm an idiot for not getting excited after the Midtjylland game...

If LVG is here next season we might as well sell him, if we bring in Jose or whoever else I'd say it's worth persisting with him for another season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Would have been good to see him play for the Dutch in the Euros this year had they qualified. Just to see whether he can perform better in a non-LVG team.

Still, maybe the rest will do him good. Needs to sort his confidence/head out. Can barely beat a player.
He didn't when he played for them in qualifiers.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I keep thinking he could come good next season, but man was he wank. Needs a big summer and pre season.

Adisa

Dutch public wanted him dropped from the squad for his performances during qualifiers.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I keep thinking he could come good next season, but man was he wank. Needs a big summer and pre season.
Same here, losing faith in him tbh. I still think he deserves another season but he genuinely needs to work really hard over summer on his agility and weight.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
His best performances have come against poor sides and terrible defenders.
Today, we met with the sort of team he does well against.
Now tough, he seems to fail even against a poor side.
I'm not sure, but it looks like he is getting worse!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Genuinely think a sale with a buy-back option, or a loan, might be a good idea. I'm not sure if we can afford to have this version of Memphis as our second choice LW next season. If we stick with him, for our sake, he better come back a different player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Have any of our players put in a worse performance this season? I'm nearly impressed.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Genuinely think a sale with a buy-back option, or a loan, might be a good idea. I'm not sure if we can afford to have this version of Memphis as our second choice LW next season. If we stick with him, for our sake, he better come back a different player.
Would be hilarious if he had a storming season out on loan but came back and still being a shitty United player. :lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
From what I can see, the more he "adapts" to our team/league, the worse he gets.
If he doesn't prove himself quickly, next season, I think Mourinho will boot him out.
And if LVG stays, I think Memphis will be loaded/sold in the Summer.

PepsiCola

Very poor today. The time he was 1 on 1 with the Norwich left back and just ran into him is symbolic of his united career so far.

Don't see a future for the lad at the club, I'm sorry. I'd like for him to have another season and improve, but from what he's served up so far I've been very disappointed.

ravi2

Ashley young could have done a much better job than he did today, Memphis seemed incapable of doing anything right.

amolbhatia50k

I don't get how he can be that bad at taking on defenders. Even Lingard is better at this than him. It just looks so uncomfortable for him. It's like he's unable to move more than a couple of inches in that initial burst. Really really weird.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I'm devastated that Memphis hasn't burst onto the PL scene because he definitely has the potential and has shown it at times throughout the season and moreso for the Dutch national team and PSV.

However, this shouldn't be ok much of a shock that a young, creative player has struggled in this United team.

Di Maria looked like Tom Cleverley, Nani played like Bebe, Rooney has for the most part looked like a Sunday league player, Januzaj forgot how to dribble with the ball whilst Young, Valencia, Fellaini... Players who are way less talented but able to play less with instinct and follow rigid instructions, have prospered.

I remember watching the Bayern team under van Gaal and being extremely impressed at how controlled they were in their approach to the game so I know our system CAN work with creative, instinctive players but it seems the United players, Memphis included, have been unable to adjust so well.

The fact Robben and Ribery have also featured in Pep's teams would suggest they are flexible enough to play both styles.

amolbhatia50k

There's got to be scientific explanation for his "burst" of pace being so bad. I reckon Chris Smalling could have a better sudden change in pace.

TheReligion

Abusive
Really bizarre given how young he is. I would imagine even if things werent coming off for him he would be up, down and everywhere on the pitch working hard trying to get it to click...

I am all for giving players time, especially those that are gifted as Depay clearly is, but if you don't work hard as far as I am concerned you can sit on the bench or move on.

I will have it that he hasn't played for the first team much lately so may be rusty but I just don't see the work rate and desire to push through the rust and help the team perform. It is a worry to say the least considering we have an FA Cup Final coming and you would think all the players would want to push on and be involved.

Skills

Snitch
Memphis' talent and Blind's intelligence are two things that seem to completely pass by me.

NinjaFletch

Increasingly see it this way too.

Adisa

There's got to be scientific explanation for his "burst" of pace being so bad. I reckon Chris Smalling could have a better sudden change in pace.
His pace over the first ten yards is shocking. I think a lot of that has to do with his physique. The only comparable player to him in stature is Hulk. But Hull knows how to use his body to protect the ball. And I also think Hulk is faster so that helps. This guy just can't get away from players even in the rare occasions he dribbles them.

amolbhatia50k

His pace over the first ten yards is shocking. I think a lot of that has to do with his physique. The only comparable player to him in stature is Hulk. But Hull knows how to use his body to protect the ball. And I also think Hulk is faster so that helps. This guy just can't get away from players even in the rare occasions he dribbles them.
It's very strange. I think he needs to get his physique seriously examined and sorted. I refuse to believe the player of the year in Holland who was a goalscoring wide player is this slow over the first 10 yards. I'm willing to accept that he's not going to make it here, that can happen. But some of this shit just looks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.