4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

Until Europa league comes around. If the likes of him and Rashford shine them they will get better chances in the first team.
Rashford is far ahead on the pecking order than Memphis.Memphis is even behind Lingard and Young so doubt he'll play much.It's telling that Lingard is injured and he still couldn't make the bench.

Bwuk

Really hope he takes his chances in the Europa.

There's a top player in there.

Asger

Almost want him to start against CIty as Martial has been poor so far this season!

HoopsMcCann

Almost want him to start against CIty as Martial has been poor so far this season!
Rather it be vs a team NOT battling for the pts lead.

Though his bag of tricks with Pogba and Ibra could be fun.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am surprised he wasn't sold. Not only he is so far in the pecking order for left wing, but also I don't see Mourinho giving him many chances as we have better young attackers than him who need game time. Lingard is injured and Memphis didn't even get a place on the bench.

Kid has a very difficult task if he wants to turn this around. I don't think he has it in him sadly.

Sam M

When we bought Memphis, I thought of him as a Marco Reus from Holland, both direct and speedy, both obsessed with cutting inside and notching up the goals. While I do think he's capable of more, I doubt full potential is that good to worth persisting with him. Normally, I'm all for giving youngsters all the time in the world for development, but for Memphis I believe this will be his last season.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I went to check how he did for Netherlands in their friendly match vs Greece and he doesn't seem to be in the squad??

If the likes of Promes (?), Berghuis (?), Narsing and De Jong are keeping him out...

prath92

He isn't playing so it's unlikely that he would get called up even if the others aren't as talented as him.

Plus wasn't there some issue between him and Blind a couple of months back?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Really hope he takes his chances in the Europa.

There's a top player in there.
I thought so as well, but the more I watched him last season, the more he's just kept on struggling. He's, IMO, more Babel/Kezman, than other great imports from the Eredivisie. It's telling that he's most comfortable against Europa league/carling cup teams, because I'm starting to believe that's he's sort of level.

I hope he proves me wrong though. I, like everyone else, was super excited when we signed him. But he's been a massive letdown. And I can see us taking a big loss on him in the summer, if not sooner.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Genuinely didn't expect him to turn out like he did. This season is make-or-break for his United career.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
I went to check how he did for Netherlands in their friendly match vs Greece and he doesn't seem to be in the squad??

If the likes of Promes (?), Berghuis (?), Narsing and De Jong are keeping him out...
Can it really come as a surprise that he isn't called up for national team when at the same time he was named in our squad only once in 4 competitive games and even then came on in 89' minute.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Can it really come as a surprise that he isn't called up for national team when at the same time he was named in our squad only once in 4 competitive games and even then came on in 89' minute.
It's just surprising considering how shit Holland are. Smalling hasn't played for us yet and is in the England squad

The No.10!

I sincerely hope that that was sarcastic. Martial has been sub par, even poor, but in no way has he been as poor, useless and simply shambolic as Memphis. To make an argument like this isn't at all warranted in my opinion.

Memphis is a distinctly well below average player. his only good enough performance was against Midtjylland. MIDTJYLLAND. As a United fan I hope he makes it, I really do, but I just don't see that happening. Even during our worst spells last season, every attacker was doing at least 1 thing that was setting him apart, or was showing a sign of better things to come with the return of the better times, but sadly, it was never this case with Memphis! This was the saddest part.

buckooo1978

That's a poor Dutch side

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
England have Vardy, Kane, Sturridge ahead of him though

Holland have...see list above
Same principle, if you dont play club football you dont play international football, Smalling has some breathing space as his original exclusion was the team was down to injury.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Same principle, if you dont play club football you dont play international football, Smalling has some breathing space as his original exclusion was the team was down to injury.
Hart only played 1 game too against that Romania team and I think he got in. Smalling was serving that ban from FA cup final not injured I think

England lack GK and CB quality depth so they both stay in the squad. You would think Depay would be a level or two above some of the players in that Dutch squad and would still get into the squad even while being benched for United

Rockets Redglare

Hart only played 1 game too against that Romania team and I think he got in. Smalling was serving that ban from FA cup final not injured I think

England lack GK and CB quality depth so they both stay in the squad. You would think Depay would be a level or two above some of the players in that Dutch squad and would still get into the squad even while being benched for United
Being benched or injured for a few games like Hart or Smalling isn't quite the same as being absolutely dreadful for a full season.

ivaldo

Bit different for a keeper though too. Depay wasn't even playing at the end of last season, hes well short of competitive match practice.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Being benched or injured for a few games like Hart or Smalling isn't quite the same as being absolutely dreadful for a full season.
Yeah I know but to fall behind this Berghuis guy...a £4m signing for Watford who played 9 games 0 goals last season and then got loaned back to Holland is unbelievable

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Bit different for a keeper though too. Depay wasn't even playing at the end of last season, hes well short of competitive match practice.
His replacement in the squad played 11 games last season for watford (Depay was involved in 45 matches last year)

ivaldo

His replacement in the squad played 11 games last season for watford (Depay was involved in 45 matches last year)
And hasn't play at all this year par a brief appearance, he's woefully off form and well short of match fitness, it's hardly a suprise.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope we avoid buying from e Dutch league for some time. That league is a mirage. Altidore scored 34 league goals ffs.

MD7

It's just surprising considering how shit Holland are. Smalling hasn't played for us yet and is in the England squad
The current manager of the Netherlands isn't so great. I'm expecting him to be fired if the first 3 qualification games aren't going as expected.

LouisDanGaal

He has been dropped to focus on getting into uniteds first 18, I remember an article about it last week.

JeffBoomTetris

So he isn't coming back?
I see what you did there. He did big Memphis up a lot. It was weird. Of course, Memphis was a hot prospect after the World Cup. However, I do not remember any other Dutchie really being star-struck by a player in the Eredivisie. Most were saying that he had potential but by no means was perfect. But NL Max kept saying that his game was well-rounded and refined and that he just needed the proper transition.

But, I digress. This is Memphis' do or die season. He has show it now. Chances will come sparsely so he'd better make the best of the opportunities

LouisDanGaal

I see what you did there. He did big Memphis up a lot. It was weird. Of course, Memphis was a hot prospect after the World Cup. However, I do not remember any other Dutchie really being star-struck by a player in the Eredivisie. Most were saying that he had potential but by no means was perfect. But NL Max kept saying that his game was well-rounded and refined and that he just needed the proper transition.

But, I digress. This is Memphis' do or die season. He has show it now. Chances will come sparsely so he'd better make the best of the opportunities
Yeah everyone has bias towards certain players, unfortunately none of the rest of us could add balance as we hadn't watched him so just took NL max's word for it and expected a better player to rock up at Old Trafford.

Europa league will be the place where he has to show he has it, hoping for the best as he has some aspects to his game none of our other players do.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Might as well pack it in if he doesn't start against Fayernoord. I don't even think he'll start that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.