Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
@Jaybomb still waiting for Mourinho to see the light and finally start him in a premier league game. Heh heh heh...

HeckneyNoodo

Yeah everyone has bias towards certain players, unfortunately none of the rest of us could add balance as we hadn't watched him so just took NL max's word for it and expected a better player to rock up at Old Trafford.

Europa league will be the place where he has to show he has it, hoping for the best as he has some aspects to his game none of our other players do.
NL Max is secretly Memphis himself.

Jaybomb

@Jaybomb still waiting for Mourinho to see the light and finally start him in a premier league game. Heh heh heh...
Were you geniunely expecting him to start against City? :nervous:

I'm waiting for a cracking Europa League performance by him. That'll turn a few heads.

iKeano

Looks like he'll be packing up his protein bars & tattoo-at-home kit and heading off elsewhere in January/next summer.

Distracted Steward

If he put it all together, he'd give City utter hell. He has pace, power, technique and an eye for goal. He'd be a lot for those fullbacks to deal with after City lose the ball and they're caught in and up. Shame he's gotten to the point he shouldn't even be considered for this match.

C'est Moi Cantona

He'll be a great option for the earlier Europa/league cup games if given the chance, but sadly and surprisingly (to me at least), he just doesn't seem to have the quality for the premiership.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He should convert to a striker full-time, could make a decent career at a club like Southampton.

Doesn't seem to have the pace and agility to be a winger, at least not in the PL.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fact that Young and Lingard are ahead of him but still can't get a game tells me they will be picked ahead of him for the Europa and League cup games.
If he put it all together, he'd give City utter hell. He has pace, power, technique and an eye for goal. He'd be a lot for those fullbacks to deal with after City lose the ball and they're caught in and up. Shame he's gotten to the point he shouldn't even be considered for this match.
Memphis isn't quick. He's built like a tank but gets shoved off easily

LouisDanGaal

Does he really though?
Winger who cuts inside and just digs it? Yeah we definitely don't have one of them. He is also actually a very underrated crosser of the ball too. And he is our most skilful player. It would be interesting to see what the other players thought of him in training.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Winger who cuts inside and just digs it? Yeah we definitely don't have one of them. He is also actually a very underrated crosser of the ball too. And he is our most skilful player. It would be interesting to see what the other players thought of him in training.
With all that skill,yet cant even beat a man and gets easily figured out by average premiership defenders.

If he's our most skillfull player, then we are doomed.

Adisa

This is simply not true. Not even close.

LouisDanGaal

With all that skill,yet cant even beat a man and gets easily figured out by average premiership defenders.

If he's our most skillfull player, then we are doomed.
Skills aren't really a part of real football, im pointing out the things he has over other players, obviously if it was useful he wouldn't be on the bench

Keenst

Just cause he cuts in and shoots doesn't mean he does it well. Seems to me that he tries to do that too often and actually rarely succeeds. To say he's our most skillful player is just hard to understand. I mean we just signed Pogba ffs.

LouisDanGaal

Just cause he cuts in and shoots doesn't mean he does it well. Seems to me that he tries to do that too often and actually rarely succeeds. To say he's our most skillful player is just hard to understand. I mean we just signed Pogba ffs.
No and I never said he did do it well, just our other wingers aren't like that. You may be right on Pogba I don't really know I've only seen him at the euros and in his few games for us. Against Southampton he looked like he may have some tricks so you're probably right there.

LouisDanGaal

What was your point in bringing it up then?
Go back to original post and just completely forget the tangent you took us on.

All I was saying was as a blueprint of a player he is unique in our squad, quality wasn't talked about, as nobody is arguing he hasn't been poor for us so far.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He doesn't even do that many skills in matches anyway.

ottosec

Looks like the no.7 curse continues. If he can't even make the bench ahead of Young, there is no hope for him.

Distracted Steward

The fact that Young and Lingard are ahead of him but still can't get a game tells me they will be picked ahead of him for the Europa and League cup games.

Memphis isn't quick. He's built like a tank but gets shoved off easily
Poor balance or leverage then. Obviously he's strong enough. He needs to figure the disconnect out quickly.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Penny for his thoughts right now...

Asger

After poor form of our wingers Martial, Lingard, and Micky surely he should at least get a chance in the next game?!

Litch

A point to prove, let's see how he gets on in Europe first...

Litch

Still a lot to prove but Lingard and Martial's form has opened the door slightly for him.

Adisa

Young gets in the squad ahead of him, so I don't see how Memphis guaranteed to play ahead of him against Fayernoord.

redpatron

Young gets in the squad ahead of him, so I don't see how Memphis guaranteed to play ahead of him against Fayernoord.
That doesn't mean much, young can play both wing positions and emergency fullback. He's also a professional so, you won't have him on the bench sulking and complaining like adnan.

I hope to see him Thursday night, it's going to be a good opportunity for him. Memphis plays well against lower competition.

Zoo

If he gets a chance of the bench he needs to grab it with both hands. Right now his prospects are looking bleak.

Status
Not open for further replies.