Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He looked bright and tried to get involved, thats about as positive as you can say.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He wasn't actually that terrible, he just did two absolutely terrible things at two crucial moments, where he should've done anything but those things..

He's done here though, tbf, cause I just can't see what he offers the squad. Pogba should fill the "shoots wildly from distance" quota, which was pretty much all he had.

Acole9

Outstanding
He has got to be one of our most disappointing signings ever.

Wayne's World

I'm starting to think he will never make it here but I do believe he'll have a good career but it won't be at this club

Mourinho doesn't seem to like him that much and he's very nervous like when he's on the ball these days, total opposite to when he first started at us

Full bodied red

Probably even Stockport County wouldn't bother to accept him on a loan anytime soon....

Absolutely, positively, definitely the most overhyped, overrated piece of junk ( including Bebe ) to ever wear a United shirt....

Ban

Looks like we'll have to buy a new winger in the summer if not January. He's our cover for one of the offensive positions and it's not looking good.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I thought he looked okay. Tried to make something happen, tracked back (remember seeing him at RB and winning the ball after one of our set pieces) and generally wanted to make an impression, which is more than can be said for any of our other players.

Just don't let him take free kicks ever.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He wasn't actually that terrible, he just did two absolutely terrible things at two crucial moments, where he should've done anything but those things..

He's done here though, tbf, cause I just can't see what he offers the squad. Pogba should fill the "shoots wildly from distance" quota, which was pretty much all he had.
Theres not much hope for him when you consider there are 2 players younger then him in more or less the same position who are way more talented, being better currently and having more potential. Thats ignoring the more experienced guys ahead of him in the front 4. So his only chance for games is things efl cup or easy europa league games.

Giggs86

Still can't believe he plays for us. He is a relegation fodder / championship quality at best. Absolute dross.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He wasn't quite as bad as some are saying but he unfortunately wasn't great either. He's not going to get a lot of opportunities to get things right either by the looks of it...

khoazany

I'm starting to think he will never make it here but I do believe he'll have a good career but it won't be at this club

Mourinho doesn't seem to like him that much and he's very nervous like when he's on the ball these days, total opposite to when he first started at us
How can any manager like him based on what he has shown?

Don't think he did much wrong but well he certainly didn't take one of his rare chance to impress.I will send my early goodbye to him.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He did more than Martial, it almost feels like half of the caf don't watch games then come here and give their opinions.

John Blund

Felt like I was watching Bébé. Depay really need a few good games to boost his confidence.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The thing for me is he actually plays better when he comes inside strangely. His link up play is actually quite good, he plays 1,2's and is always on the front foot.

Not sure what's happened with his shooting and crossing though, it's like he's forgotten how to regulate his power and just smashes it too hard every time.

He certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch but he needs to stop taking free kicks and corners if he can't get them right.

SambaBoy

A poor cameo. That chance where he had looks of time to bring it down and hit the target or pass, and he tried a spectacular effort was beyond terrible. The free-kick was terrible as well.

I do think there is a player in there, he has talent but he's not doing himself any favours at the moment. Can't see him getting back into the team till the next cup game.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He wasn't shit (even though I think I exploded in the matchday thread with 1 post and went a bit OTT :lol: but he hardly also did anything "of note" and he blew his 2 biggest moments to impress. Instead, choosing the entire wrong option and execution. Absolute criminal waste of a FK at the end as well. And tbh, a player in his position at the club, desperately needs to take these chances if he was to turn it around.

At the end of the day, it's life. People will always have more patience with someone like Martial, who basically almost single handedly carried our attack last season, versus Depay, who's had a lot of shocking performances.

It seems he's on borrowed time here.

ZDwyr

He came on and produced pretty much what I expected. Terribly shooting from distance and an overhit freekick. Meh.

montpelier

That was OK was it? And am I reading decent in comparison with some of the rest? What about the volley? The volley was good in comparison with the FK I suppose, :D

He 's hopeless.

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

That was one of his better appearances for Utd and he was still total shite.

Wasn't he supposed to be some sort of set piece king back in Holland? His corners and free kicks since he got here have been fecking dreadful. Gone in the Summer, not good enough for Utd.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That was one of his better appearances for Utd and he was still total shite.

Wasn't he supposed to be some sort of set piece king back in Holland? His corners and free kicks since he got here have been fecking dreadful. Gone in the Summer, not good enough for Utd.
He was a really good freekick taker for PSV, in fact he scored like 7 freekicks in the Dutch league during the 14/15 season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's bizarre. How do you lose that ability so quickly and to such an extent?
It's weird indeed but I guess it's a cycle thing. Willian had a good spell last season with freekicks. Ronaldo was a very decent freekick taker as well a long time ago but not anymore.

jungledrums

Shattered self-belief. For example Gameiro totally lost it with PSG and retrieved it in Spain.
I agree. Somewhere deep inside, there is a good footballer (only good, not great) in there. Feck knows where he's hiding, but he didn't wake up one morning and lose everything. I genuinely think the pressure is crushing him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
People are looking for scapegoats, and Memphis is an easy one to pick on, thanks to those two terrible moments of play.

First few minutes into the season, it takes time to settle in, especially if you're a confidence player. I thought he worked hard, and did well in his narrow role, as per instructions. At least he looked like he was making the right runs and getting into the right places. More minutes in the upcoming games should show more.

This guy has the talent, there's no doubt about it. Unlike Januzaj, no coach has come out and criticized his attitude - in fact, Mourinho has said otherwise. I still believe he will come good under Mourinho, and that he'll have moments of magic to prove his worth, soon. I'd like him to be given a run of few games to build his confidence up, to get some match rhythm going. Being surrounded by the likes of Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan, I believe he can rack up numbers this season. I hope Mourinho gives him chances this season, and makes a call next summer.

The Caf is so fickle these days, there isn't a player folks on here wouldn't abuse after a loss.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he didn't do too bad, I thought he looked a lot better than Martial. Give me a winger who wants to have a go and take shots on goal even if he doesn't score, if you keep shooting you will score goals. I love Martial but he's just sulked and looked poor this season, I wouldn't mind seeing Memphis getting a go out wide sometime in the future.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
It's weird indeed but I guess it's a cycle thing. Willian had a good spell last season with freekicks. Ronaldo was a very decent freekick taker as well a long time ago but not anymore.
Willian fluked most of them last season.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Memphis has good eye for the pass and that's only quality thing I see in him right now. Dribbles and shooting ability has gone to the bin. It's been like that for more than a year so I don't get why doesn't he try to keep his game more simple. He cannot cease attempting to go past opposition players, that's understandable, but he could moderate his shooting department. Switching to more traditional winger role, attempt to find others and shoot only when you're close enough to the goal and you've got no other options left. Though when he happens to be in such situation he should do it with less power whilst trying to keep the ball close to the ground and not keep on aiming for the space just under the crossbar.

I think in his head he might be doing his utmost to block universal flop image that he's, frankly speaking, earned himself. Maybe that's why he does same mistakes over and over again. I'd get even 6 months of this perpetual thing, but it happening for more than a year is way over the limits. Such a frustrating player our Memphis is.

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's a lost cause. He is simply never going to be good enough for this club. We should sell in January.

Not the worst player at the club but he's just abit pointless. We should have signed Nani during the summer and binned this guy off.

RedPnutz

I often hope that footballers never ever read any fan forums. The amount of negative criticism and vitriol is over the top. Any player would be discouraged to some extent.

And before it is said that these guys are paid millions so they have to suck it up, the players are paid highly because they are better at Football than 99% of the world and not because they are mental or emotional giants.

iKeano

People in row z need helmets when he's around.
How can a professional footballer look like he hasn't kicked an actual match all before?!
Maybe he trains taking shots with medicine balls...

MD7

The guy played 2 matches in pre-season, and 10min in PL, and people expect him to put in a great performance... Showed more than Martial who got much more game time in the last few weeks in games that actually meant something. He was more active on the pitch, showed that he actually cared, worked hard, and made 2 mistakes, from which 1 was a setpiece so next time just let someone else take it.

He should start Sunday.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The guy played 2 matches in pre-season, and 10min in PL, and people expect him to put in a great performance... Showed more than Martial who got much more game time in the last few weeks in games that actually meant something. He was more active on the pitch, showed that he actually cared, worked hard, and made 2 mistakes, from which 1 was a setpiece so next time just let someone else take it.

He should start Sunday.
He won't start.

Probably will be in the stands yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.