6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Mourinho isn't in the same league when it comes to man management as Fergie was, but he's very good and, as with Drogba at Chelsea, can turn a very good player into a great player; no he wont pander to ego's, but if he can extract more from a player by building them up, he will. Pogba is a very good player and playing under Mourinho will only make him better, but if Pogba doesn't play his part, Mourinho will chop him down; no, Jose Mourinho, like Alex Ferguson, doesn't pander to ego's or suffer fools, for him its about the team, the club, but, like Fergie, he will indulge a player, or ego, if he thinks it will have a positive outcome for the team and get the player or ego in question performing to the level required and expected, but not to the detriment of the other players; his indulgence will only last so long, as Memphis Depay soon discovered.
I didn't realise we were comparing the strengths of managers. I thought you were going to tell me why you know that Pogba apparently needs to be told that he's great.

So because you don't think Mourinho is in the same league, does that mean that you think that he allows players to get away with things that Fergie wouldn't?

Surely if Mourinho can turn a " very good" player like Drogba into a "great" player, then what's he gonna do with a great player like Pogba? Using your theory Pogba is going to become world class under his guidance?

But something tells me that's not what you mean. You seem to be implying that Pogba is giving out some negative vibe or ego that needs challenging in some way, or is it that he is simply not the player that you want to see as the future face of Man United?
Mourinho has consistently labelled Pogba the best midfielder in the world. he says this all the time. I personally feel it would be better if he told him "you need to improve" I have seen more mature performances from him recently in the deeper role.

RedMaestro

Mourinho has consistently labelled Pogba the best midfielder in the world. he says this all the time. I personally feel it would be better if he told him "you need to improve" I have seen more mature performances from him recently in the deeper role.
Well if he's said it all the time this far, and then changing his mind - wouldn't that do something to Pogba's confidence in a negative way?

Ramicoo

Can anyone give a status how many times he's been fouled this season?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I can't imagine anything else than Mourinho working extra hard to develop Pogba - probably his most important player for the next years - into the best player he can be. He even tried to improve Ronaldo's game against the player's renitency at Real. Neither Mourinho nor Pogba gave me the impression so far they'd be satisfied with anything else than the maximum and would sacrifice potential for a feel-good mood.

Akshay

Staff
I bet Pogba is already putting plenty of pressure on himself to get better, and the price tag doesn't help either. He often tries to pull off the spectacular when it isn't necessary and might have hit the post/bar so many times because he's trying to place his shots too precisely. He's being handled just fine imo.

Zoo

Mourinho: "Obviously, he's young, he can still improve, he wants to improve, which is even better."

Shinehead Dred

I don't disagree that players shouldn't be told when they need to improve. I have no problem with posters being critical about him as a footballer. My issue is that some posters can't see beyond haircuts, image etc and somehow decide that he needs praise to thrive or function.

What do they base these assumptions on? It can't be on what they know because none of us know what happens on the training field each day. So I can only conclude that they base some of this shite on what they think they see.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Couple of decent highlights vids from the season so far I stumbled upon. Not sure if they've been posted or not. Sorry if they have!

criticalanalysis

I'm pretty sure a lot of those dribbles would have had been more effective if he released it sooner or didn't even try to dribble...but feck me it feels good to have this talented, technical and physical beast in the middle of the park for us :cool: It's only a matter of time before it, clicks for him and the team and we will see much more efficiency and clinical play.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I'm pretty sure a lot of those dribbles would have had been more effective if he released it sooner or didn't even try to dribble...but feck me it feels good to have this talented, technical and physical beast in the middle of the park for us :cool: It's only a matter of time before it, clicks for him and the team and we will see much more efficiency and clinical play.
Judging by the other video, he'd pass and someone would feck it up completely anyway ;)

unitedforeveral

I wish to see the Paul we saw at Juventus and at the beginning of the season. He has to dictate the pace of the game, when he does that our game play is calm and composed with greater possession but when he's targeted, our performance and possession drops. Paul needs support and i think as time passes, his team mates will recognise his skills and play to his strength and likewise. Best of Pogba, yet to come!

Hammerfell

Have to admit that I'm losing my patience with him now, he should be taking these games by the horns.

binary bot
Would be a great player if he played with the mindset that he was just another player in the team. Instead he's like Giggs on crack. Trying to thread the needle with every single pass since the 70th minute.

Jev

Such an annoying player.

Tossing it away constantly throughout the second half trying to make a Hollywood pass instead of moving the ball around and taking advantage of our 11 men.

Idiot.

Raw

Would like to see how we'd look if he got dropped for a few games. Herrera has been a much better midfielder this season.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Thought he had turned it around but he has been so disappointing the past few games. Today was just abysmal.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Elephant has grown bigger and simply can't be avoided.

What the actual fcuk did we spend £90m on???????

DatGuyRich

His worst performance of the season.

He'll come good though, but the overreactions will last a few days and weeks after this performance

Status
Not open for further replies.