Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Some staunch Mourinho in taking their angers and frustrations of their deity firing on Pogba :lol:

Slaford RED

The fecking world cup is not just a "cup competition". It's the highest stage of them all. And yes you do pay 90m and then pay more to get the best out of it. Either that or you have a better functioning team. Pogba is not someone who can carry a team that just isn't his game but he is an incredible player that can become a crucial cog in a good team.

All the experts agree with this. He has proved it in top teams but no according to CAF experts he just isn't good enough for 8th place Manchester United. (not to mention before a weeks ago he was actually the few players who was helping us win games! FFS the short memories on here)
I'd say the Champions league knock out stage, is the "highest stage of them all"

The world cup has a lot of poor teams.

0le

Text in tweet:
Man Utd under Mourinho:

Most mins played (outfield): Paul Pogba
Most assists: Paul Pogba
Most chances created: Paul Pogba
Most successful passes: Paul Pogba
Most successful dribbles: Paul Pogba
Most shots against woodwork: Paul Pogba
However these statistics may not be normalized by the number of mins played.

Irwin99

Text in tweet:

However these statistics may not be normalized by the number of mins played.

To be fair you could probably do a list of other top stats he wins such as number of times dispossessed, least amount of tackles made, least amount of sprints etc etc.

Will be good to see him under a new manager though and hopefully he can be a bit more like the Pogba we saw against City away last season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think we’ll see a lot of the same flaws in Pogba’s game under a new manager. We saw them when he played for France after all. Hopefully we’ll be too busy attacking for the flaws to be as big a problem as they were under Mourinho. Pogba sure as shit isn’t suited to Mourinho’s style of football and all the good stuff he does will be more noticeable if we spend more of every game attacking.
I'm stating a totally obvious point.
There's no "complete" player in this era. Every player has their own shortcoming. Even Messi, one of the GOAT, looked half the player in his NT. Agreed that it is up to the tactic on how the team could compliment each other to the greater good.

In Rainbows

I think we’ll see a lot of the same flaws in Pogba’s game under a new manager.
I think so too, but why can't we buy midfielders who compliment him? It's a lot easier to do that and also makes more sense to work with our current star players.

We know Pogba's positives and negatives. Pogba is a great passer, but he's not going to constantly take up deep positions to ping the ball around. In other words he won't control a game like Scholes or Modric. So Pogba is a great passing compliment to the primary passer. Pogba is also not some workhorse. Pogba is a chance creator who can unsettle defenses by dribbling at defenders, and playing defense splitting passes. He's also comfortable on the ball so helps retain possession. That is the player we have.

When we lay it out like this, it's strange that we thought Matic would compliment him as he's not mobile, nor is he some great passer. And his defensive work isn't all that amazing either. And it's the same with Fellaini.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I never understand the hype on him. So far he does nothing special to justify his salary and also his attitude in the field. He is playing for himself most of the time. I doubt a change of manager will see his performance suddenly improve.

RMD83

I’m not sure I have seen a united player that excites me and frustrates me as much as pogba. On his day he is a joy to watch, exciting, inventive, skilful, powerful, he has it all. But he goes missing or doesn’t imprint himself on the game far too often. Now Jose is gone we will see where his head is really at. There’s no excuses now. Personally if I had to bet my house on it then i don’t think much will change and he will be anchoring for a move in the near future anyway. I hope I’m wrong.

RedDevil@84

"Pogba hasn't conducted himself well & he needs a kick up the backside from the new manager"

Darren Fletcher says #mufc face another major problem if Pogba is allowed to think he has "won" after Mourinho's sacking.

shahzy

Which would mean he isn't motivated by the fans or the badge but only gripe against his manager. Which was the entire point of the post you've quoted. Well done
Oh no i saw the point you were making and i made one that overrode your point. He is a human. Its as simple as that. Doesnt matter how much you love the company/team/fans in this instance, if your boss is a cnut and undermining you. You will NOT give it your all as even the most confident people will lose confidence in such an environment. I wont make a snide remark thinking like i got one over on you but you really need to settle that tone down bud. Im sure there are doc's, lawyers in these threads that are quite a bit ahead of you in the intellect race

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Which would mean he isn't motivated by the fans or the badge but only gripe against his manager. Which was the entire point of the post you've quoted. Well done
So no matter what, he will get criticism.

If he plays well then he downed tools and didn't play for the manager, respect the fans bla bla bla

If he doesn't play well then he isn't good enough and should be sold.

Nice options for Pogba,

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I never understand the hype on him. So far he does nothing special to justify his salary and also his attitude in the field. He is playing for himself most of the time. I doubt a change of manager will see his performance suddenly improve.
That is just not true. He didnt do that at Juve, nor for France, and neither at United. But he is a player that needs the manager's trust. Now it is up to him to step up though and show the world that he's not just a great player but also a great leader.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yes agreed, there are often difficult characters at the national level as well.
Just piggybacking on your comment to say Pogba isn't one of them. Deschamps wouldn't put up with that, and has sacrificed some important players like Laporte and Benzema for the sake of team harmony. As a matter of fact, most of the coaches Pogba has worked with in his career wouldn't put up with the Pogba that's being portrayed.

Pogba is a class act, I'll keep saying it. He never went to ownership to speak about Mourinho, when the vice-captaincy was taken away he made no fuss, and he never went to the press after his benching, and I know a lot of players who would have kicked up a fuss when he didn't. People want to create this narrative, and the press has taken a lot liberties with that. Attributing fake quotes to his interview about his future at Manchester, or the two Instagram incidents that have been completely taken out of context to feed this narrative of a rebellious, divisive, primadona that cost 90m.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
"Pogba hasn't conducted himself well & he needs a kick up the backside from the new manager"

Darren Fletcher says #mufc face another major problem if Pogba is allowed to think he has "won" after Mourinho's sacking.
Has he? With Pogba, everything is polemic

Stadjer

So no matter what, he will get criticism.

If he plays well then he downed tools and didn't play for the manager, respect the fans bla bla bla

If he doesn't play well then he isn't good enough and should be sold.

Nice options for Pogba,
Yes.. i guess some people really want him gone and see him shine at another big team while we put a hardworking midfielder who runs a lot in our midfield.

rotherham_red

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

EDIT - Not sure how true it is considering we've just sacked Jose - not sure how much more can be done to placate any issues he may have had.

Also, it runs counter to everything we've been hearing from the French and Italian sources, who have stated that he's actually been one of the unifying players in the dressing room and tried to get the rest of the team playing for the badge.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

EDIT - Not sure how true it is considering we've just sacked Jose - not sure how much more can be done to placate any issues he may have had.

Also, it runs counter to everything we've been hearing from the French and Italian sources, who have stated that he's actually been one of the unifying players in the dressing room and tried to get the rest of the team playing for the badge.
I see it this way. On the one hand we have a man who has sown discord at numerous clubs creating toxic atmospheres with everyone mightily relieved when he moves on. On the other we have a man with little track record of falling out with people or being a disruptive and negative influence in his workplace.

The Mourinho show is over now (bar the inevitable press briefings against United and Pogba) and I think we should just focus on how Pogba does on the pitch now because if he is used properly and we get the best out of him United will win a lot of football matches. The football will be alright too. If it's not to be we bin him at the end of the season.

rotherham_red

I see it this way. On the one hand we have a man who has sown discord at numerous clubs creating toxic atmospheres with everyone mightily relieved when he moves on. On the other we have a man with little track record of falling out with people or being a disruptive and negative influence in his workplace.

The Mourinho show is over now (bar the inevitable press briefings against United and Pogba) and I think we should just focus on how Pogba does on the pitch now because if he is used properly and we get the best out of him United will win a lot of football matches. The football will be alright too. If it's not to be we bin him at the end of the season.
Fully agree with this. We need to do everything to eke out Pogba's potential. Hopefully Ole's spell here will be the start of that rehabilitation and the new manager (whoever it may be) will reap the rewards of it in the coming seasons.

A fit and fully firing Pogba could go a long way towards getting us Top 4 by the end of the season, IMO.

youmeletsfly

To be fair you could probably do a list of other top stats he wins such as number of times dispossessed, least amount of tackles made, least amount of sprints etc etc.

Will be good to see him under a new manager though and hopefully he can be a bit more like the Pogba we saw against City away last season.
Well, if the player that is running the least, the one losing the most balls and has the least amount of sprints is your most creative player, it is obvious that a lot of things were not okay behind the scenes. And both Jose and Paul were at fault.

Let's hope that Paul learned from his time with Jose and that he will step up under Ole.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Fully agree with this. We need to do everything to eke out Pogba's potential. Hopefully Ole's spell here will be the start of that rehabilitation and the new manager (whoever it may be) will reap the rewards of it in the coming seasons.

A fit and fully firing Pogba could go a long way towards getting us Top 4 by the end of the season, IMO.
You never know. Ole has worked with him previously and called him the sort of player you build a team around. I'm sure part of the reason Ole has been brought in is to get the best out of him. Let's hope so.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Will be interesting to see what happens with Pogba now. If he doesn't start delivering on a regular basis he no longer has anywhere to hide or excuses.

Kamprad

People here have been way too harsh on Pogba. You should blame Mourinho almost completely IMO. I think Pogba will flourish like a beautiful flower now because he is a beautiful player.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Well said.

sam147

Everyone wants to have a go at him. Why? Because Jose made him the scapegoat. Pundits will also make him the scapegoat over English players or their Pals like Valencia who happen to be club captain. Nowhere near as much fuss was made about Valencia. How about Lukaku? His performances have been far worse than Pogbas yet he was the man who would apparently run through brickwalls for Jose. If thats the caliber of players Jose wants then im glad he is gone. Pogba has had two fantastic seasons, anyone who watches football can see he is our only world class outfield player. What was our tactic to create chances? Pass the ball to Paul and hope he creates something. While Matic is kicking ghosts on the pitch when trying to tackle and lethargic in his passing. Pogba is a world cup winner. He is fantastic on the ball. I didnt see Jose complain about his attitude when he was playing in a double pivot with Herrera in his first season. However, when things go wrong he needed a scapegoat. Who better than the guy who the media have already been after. The best part is Pogba has the character. Matic and Lukaku hide behind criticism of Pogba. Whereas, he shows he doesn't care what pundits say and he has the personality to play for this club. The rest of the season he will shine.

stepic

Hope to god we cash in on him in the summer. If we can recoup what we spent I would be happy with that.
yeah just what we need, weakening an already poor squad by getting rid of our best outfield player

glad you're not running the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He might still be a bit peeved with the booing he got in his last game when he came off the bench ?Will be interesting to see his goal celebration if he scores.
Been jeered by French fans as well. He will get over it.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
yeah just what we need, weakening an already poor squad by getting rid of our best outfield player

glad you're not running the club.
Did you say that when Fergie axed half of our first team because of their attitude, to make room for the Co92?
Glad you're not running the club.

"Let's let Pogba do what he wants because he so talented" :lol: Absolutely pathetic.

Posh Red

Did you say that when Fergie axed half of our first team because of their attitude, to make room for the Co92?
Glad you're not running the club.

"Let's let Pogba do what he wants because he so talented" :lol: Absolutely pathetic.
Fergie axed them because half of them were on the piss every night. People are questioning Pogba's attitude mainly because of media hysteria and a few crap performances. Most of the stuff in the media just seems like agenda driven rubbish, and all of our squad have been poor. I'm still waiting to see a genuinely logical reason as to why Pogba should be sold.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Fergie axed them because half of them were on the piss every night. People are questioning Pogba's attitude mainly because of media hysteria and a few crap performances. Most of the stuff in the media just seems like agenda driven rubbish, and all of our squad have been poor. I'm still waiting to see a genuinely logical reason as to why Pogba should be sold.
There's been too many instances of a 'misunderstanding' with Pogba, especially when it comes to his social media account. I don't buy into all this stuff about his planned tweets etc. Unless you choose to believe that Pogba is an incredibly unlucky guy and his PR team send crap advertising campaigns out at very unfortunate moments, is hated on by a manager that bought him for no reason, papers make up all these stories about him, accidentally posts a video laughing whilst watching his team lose. You're naive is you believe all that and still think there's nothing to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.