Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

He's not the driving force for France. He definitely wasn't the main player at Juventus. Neither of those teams were in a transition phase either. He's nice to have around when you have a solid foundation but he's not the one you build around. He doesn't have it in him over the course of a full season.
He was their main player and leader at the world cup. Created the majority of their chances and goals. Was very good defensively even though Kante had a bang average tournament and shit final.

Steven-UK

He should leave. Way too good for us, and half our deluded fans think it's his fault we're not playing well, not the other dross he has to play with.

He'd be great in a top team like City, Barca, even Madrid. You see it every time he plays for France.
Anybody would be great playing amongst those teams, with genuine world class players to hide your own lack of application.

Let me put it this way, if there was a war, would you want Pogba by your side in the trenches? Of course you wouldn't. We need real men back in this team; leaders, fighters, and not glorified YouTube edited footballers who play for themselves only.

Not his fault we lost, obviously, they are all to blame, but stop giving Pogba excuses, he's a 'precious' show pony.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Positive - Our best player today.

Negative - worse than every Everton player today.

Devil may care

The only player who looked like he knew what to do with a football, hit 2 decent passes which is nowhere near enough, don't get me wrong, he was crap, but that's 2 more passes than anyone else in a United shirt managed.

Minimalist

No where near the player he’s supposed to be. He’s a shiny cog in a good footballing machine, little more.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Anybody would be great playing amongst those teams, with genuine world class players to hide your own lack of application.

Let me put it this way, if there was a war, would you want Pogba by your side in the trenches? Of course you wouldn't. We need real men back in this team; leaders, fighters, and not glorified YouTube edited footballers who play for themselves only.

Not his fault we lost, obviously, they are all to blame, but stop giving Pogba excuses, he's a 'precious' show pony.
Let's just talk about football, if we're talking about war I would want Snodgrass, Schneiderlin or Lewis Dunk but this ain't war

Patrick08

The only player who looked like he knew what to do with a football, hit 2 decent passes which is nowhere near enough, don't get me wrong, he was crap, but that's 2 more passes than anyone else in a United shirt managed.
And is always clueless without the ball.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He was their main player and leader at the world cup. Created the majority of their chances and goals. Was very good defensively even though Kante had a bang average tournament and shit final.
Bullshit. Kante was top notch until he got sick for the final. Varane, Hernandez, Pavard, Mbappe and Griezman were the better players over the course of the tournament. His best performances were against Belgium and Croatia. But again, the France team is not dependent on him, just like the Juventus one.

He is not the man they build around. That's either Griezman or Mbappe.

scholesyboy18

There's absolutely no doubt that he has quality on the ball, and showed that today.

But I'm amazed people are trying to act like he bears no responsibility for that at all. He's a huge liability without the ball, and was (alongside the two chuckle brothers in Matic and Fred) a huge part of why Everton found us so easy to play against. I simply do not think you can get away with playing in a Premier League midfield with the lack of aggression, bite, or intensity without the ball that Pogba regularly displays.
I agree with you. If you see that your team is having an issue , then you step up and put in a bit of shift off the ball. Is that too much for a 300k footballer ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There's absolutely no doubt that he has quality on the ball, and showed that today.

But I'm amazed people are trying to act like he bears no responsibility for that at all. He's a huge liability without the ball, and was (alongside the two chuckle brothers in Matic and Fred) a huge part of why Everton found us so easy to play against. I simply do not think you can get away with playing in a Premier League midfield with the lack of aggression, bite, or intensity without the ball that Pogba regularly displays.
And I think that football is played as a team where players have roles that create a balance. Herrera may not be the greatest player of all time but unlike the chuckle brothers his best role actually bring something to the midfield and creates a balance that allows someone like Pogba to exploit his strength, the opposite is also true Pogba allows Herrera to shine. The other midfielders are frankly useless, people may praise too of them for their running abilities but they are footballers not 10k racers.

If we isolate Pogba and talk about his weaknesses then I agree with you regarding his defensive deficiencies but if we are talking about football and how to play and win as a team then I have to make the point that all players have limitations and the only reason managers exist is to create a team that exposes individual players strength and hides weaknesses.

LJJT

He’s not good enough, his attitude stinks, he’s lazy, got a bad attitude, late for the meetings, thinks life’s a joke. Not fit for the badge, move him on. Crap,

el3mel

He's the very definition of a Youtube player. I can't see a better example. Does one or 2 great passes that will go straight to his Youtube compilation video but you look at midfield performance in the game he did these passes in and you find that the midfield he was part of was getting destroyed by a third tier Everton midfield. I'll take a proper midfield performance x10 times more than 1 or 2 out of the world creative passes in the game.

Give me a midfield trio who don't stop running, pressing and putting max effort in even if they lack some talent, please.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
He's become the elephant in the room, United should sell him and reinvest the money. Arguably the same should happen with De Gea who is running down his deal whilst his form plummets.

Lemur

He's not the driving force for France. He definitely wasn't the main player at Juventus. Neither of those teams were in a transition phase either. He's nice to have around when you have a solid foundation but he's not the one you build around. He doesn't have it in him over the course of a full season.
Wrong on both accounts. In the last year of international football when he was not in the team, France toiled; Denmark and Holland.

During Pogba's last two years at Juventus, if not him, who was their main player?? Go on then.

Some very influential pundits do not like him (Neville, Souness..) and in many ways I undertstand at times. BUT... Pogba has been United's best player under Ole, by some way really. Hugely influential. Even today, even today... the two chances we had, were from a great long ball from Pogba to Rashford (who was terrible, like a sulking kid...) and for Martial.

Pogba cannot win at United. The whole team was awful and people always blame him. he has NO ATTACKERS of any consistent quality for him to work with. Matic.... Fred.. really, really poor.

Influential to who? Outside of England no one cares about them two.

The last part of that first sentence also nullifies your point.

Definitely not on the pitch.
Absolute disaster of a poster.

I now believe you knew Pogba growing up and is still upset he was better than you then and now.

Steven-UK

Let's just talk about football, if we're talking about war I would want Snodgrass, Schneiderlin or Lewis Dunk but this ain't war
The onus of the message being on the character to be able to fight when required, in any avenue of life, INCLUDING football. That is what is required right now, hence the reference.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The onus of the message being on the character to be able to fight when required, in any avenue of life, INCLUDING football. That is what is required right now, hence the reference.
I was being pedantic on purpose. I knew what was really meant, we'd all love to have fighters and who are incredibly good footballers but here we are.

NinjaFletch

And I think that football is played as a team where players have roles that create a balance. Herrera may not be the greatest player of all time but unlike the chuckle brothers his best role actually bring something to the midfield and creates a balance that allows someone like Pogba to exploit his strength, the opposite is also true Pogba allows Herrera to shine. The other midfielders are frankly useless, people may praise too of them for their running abilities but they are footballers not 10k racers.

If we isolate Pogba and talk about his weaknesses then I agree with you regarding his defensive deficiencies but if we are talking about football and how to play and win as a team then I have to make the point that all players have limitations and the only reason managers exist is to create a team that exposes individual players strength and hides weaknesses.
I agree completely, but the question for Pogba becomes whether it's worth seeking that balance. Liverpool have looked a million times more creative than us all season and they've done it with three workhorses in midfield. Whilst that may not be a blueprint for success that we could (or even should replicate) I'm not absolutely convinced that his qualities outweigh his negatives for us. I'm certain there are teams that could make it work with him, I'm not sure we are one of them.

even Liverpool fans know he's the least of our problems:

That's an awfully misleading way of saying he attempted 1 dribble and made 1 tackle.

el3mel

Absolute disaster of a poster.

I now believe you knew Pogba growing up and is still upset he was better than you then and now.
:lol:

Said a newbie that we don't even know history of his posts. :lol:

All I'm seeing in this thread is shifting the blame left, right and center to any other target. Several months ago it was 100% Mourinho holding him back, now it's 100% teammates. Next season it'll be 100% Ole etc. Just blaming anyone we don't like for his deficiencies instead of admitting it.

As long as he's performing terrible even though he can put x10 better performance than the shite he serves currently, because he has enough quality and his only problem is his mentality on the pitch, he'll keep rightly criticized. People who will keep burying their heads in the sand regarding him will keep being let down by him again and again and again until he eventually and inevitable leaves. I'm glad I won't be on his side when he leaves eventually.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think it was giles who said you are better off with James milner in midfield than Pogba. Pogba has more flair, but milner gives you a 100% every match.

If you could get pogba working as hard as milner he would be some player.

Tell him to ease of the social media too. I think neville was having a pop at him regards this today.

Minimalist

I think it was giles who said you are better off with James milner in midfield than Pogba. Pogba has more flair, but milner gives you a 100% every match.

If you could get pogba working as hard as milner he would be some player.

Tell him to ease of the social media too. I think neville was having a pop at him regards this today.
Should have clocked on to this a bit when Jordan Henderson bullied the feck out of him in that 1-1 match at Old Trafford. Knew then he was going to be a player you can’t really depend on.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”

Such an apt quote regarding Pogba. Massively talented but terrible work ethic.

Patrick08

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”

Such an apt quote regarding Pogba. Massively talented but terrible work ethic.
Mino riola is massive part of the problem who contributes to that attitude.

Not working out at united? Find a new team, want big money find a new team, not working out there, find a new team.. Rinse and repeat. He will never improve this way as the mentality will never be fixed.

Aloysius's Back 3

The fact is he wasn't all that great for Juventus.

For France - they have arguably a top 5 player in every position & Pogba isn't vital for them as he is for us.

El Zoido

Madrid can have him. They seem like a perfect match don’t they? I hope he knows he can’t get away with playing like this for them.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Madrid can have him. They seem like a perfect match don’t they? I hope he knows he can’t get away with playing like this for them.
If he puts in the same effort with Madrid as he does with us, the madrid fans will slaughter him. They were jeering ronaldo when he was breaking goal scoring records.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Souness said this, that Pogba treats football like a joke. As if he cannot believe how lucky he is to be earning about 180 grand a week after tax.

it is kind of the impression i get off him, especially when you see him on social media.

Web of Bissaka

A much better performance.

He tried to play proper football when we're attacking but teammates who receive his passes tend to let him down. Impossible to conduct team-play attack with this lot.

Unfortunately on the opposite end, it's clear as day his lack of effort nor interest in getting back to help defend.

Wouldn't say he's the best player today nor best attacker... meh, not much to get positive about.

Aloysius's Back 3

My juve supporting friends still want him back. They think his quality has been missed.
I'm not saying I'm right but I can see why Juventus want him - they had players like matiudi, Vidal, Khedira doing the actual work whilst now they have Can & Co.

I can see how Pogba would look better then under a proper hard working functional team but my problem is that Pogba is not a part of that. He is a part of the flair and creative aspect. I can see why Juventus want a player like him to add more balance to their purely functional midfield - however to me Pogba is not all that great in his flair or technical aspects either.

Pogba seems he needs to be placed in the most free & creative spots in a football team but then I look at players like silva x2, hazard the CAM, Eriksen & de bryune - I just don't see him as all that great either.

If I'm honest - when we first got Pogba I thought he was this hardworking box to box midfielder but this is turning out to be wrong.

I simply don't know what he is. As a CM or CDM he is far from good enough and at CAM I think we could find better players.

Jeffthered

He is a key player for France. I don't know whether France have a 'driving force' rather a fantastic team, and a manager that seems to bring them together quite well. All this talk about transition teams is nonsense. What else are you going to say, they have better players..

This is my point, some people lose a sense of realism and perspective with Pogba. No he is not blameless, and is playing poorly. But is he any worst than anyone else. In fact, is he our worst player right now? I would argue our front three in recent games have been shocking! Shocking!

You could build around him, but you need better players. And he IS the player who gets the French actually playing... he ties it all together.

Gee Male

Ah yeah. He can leave now. Thinks he's bigger than the club and above it all. Time to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.