Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Would be interesting. Wouldn’t put it past him to help them dominate Liverpool. He’s better than Thiago.

crossy1686

career ending
That's a big if. We don't know if it's still there on the table and has been for the last few months. The signs are there that there are people at the club doing things despite a change looming, like boosting Bruno's contract even though he had years to run on his existing deal. But to offer Pogba a crazy bumper deal now, which will be his last major contract, when he's been as problematic a fit as has been evident under two managers and one interim, would really show there is no change whatsoever at the club. And I rather assume that the offer is not there on the table and the latest City links have nothing to do with Pep wanting such a difficult to fit player into his super disciplined side (I mean Pogba is pretty much an anti-Pep player) and much more to do with there being no suitors offering the type of money United are paying him and have offered him months ago.

I think he's an outrageously talented player, but nowhere near worth the money paid for him or the wages he's on, and he's an over-inflated-ego nuisance. Would be happy to see him leave.
Andy Mitten confirmed yesterday that the contract is still available for him to sign if he wants to. We really should pull the offer before it becomes to only one that's paying insane money

Loon

:lol:
Andy Mitten confirmed yesterday that the contract is still available for him to sign if he wants to. We really should pull the offer before it becomes to only one that's paying insane money
I would like to think that is because ten Hag wishes it to remain on the table and thinks he can get something out of Pogba, but.... Bloody hell.

Ryan_

even if you think he's a mercenary (well who isn't) surely he won't stick around in the pl , the shitstorm would be out of this world if he was to do so.
If this were to happen, I really hope the fans wouldn’t give him the time of day.

Don’t boo him. Don’t waste time on him.

He’s desperate to be the centre of attention. Give him a silent reception representative of his recent performances for us, and we move on.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I can't imagine Pep watching that video of Paul rehabbing his calf and thinking "Yes, that's what my dressing room needs."

Classical Mechanic

City play many games against weaker opposition with their defensive players at rest. You can see how he'd work at the base of midfield against some sides for them. Especially if Haaland comes in who isn't a Pep player either because he plays off the shoulder. Pogba is great at dropping those balls in.

It would be a dynamite transfer. Pogba will be the most reviled player in our history if he took it. There'd be no greater insult than him leaving for City on a free after a failed £90m transfer.

Is Pep losing power in City? first Grealish now Pogba?
No he wont. There's no player far more ill-suited for Pep's system than Paul Pogba.
I think it's more that they're planning post Pep. Haaland. Grealish and Pogba are all good marketing signings too.

crossy1686

career ending
I hope he does go to City, been a while since I've hated any of their players. If he goes elsewhere it's not even worth giving him stick about it he's been that average here

ashneel

Those are just mind games..Fergie would've already told him to feck off. It wouldn't surprise me either, Pogba uses that moment fans were booing him as a pretext to switch sides. He'd be nay I'm not a rat, just heartbroken

choccy77

World Cup in December, so 5 games then a long rest between September and November.

This Is the Way

UnitedFan93

Wouldn't be surprised if its another trap by City to force United to offer even more money to Pogba. They forced us to offer stupid money to Sanchez and Ronaldo, it could happen again with Pogba. It would be a disaster if Pogba renewed his contact, we need him gone.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wouldn't be surprised if its another trap by City to force United to offer even more money to Pogba. They forced us to offer stupid money to Sanchez and Ronaldo, it could happen again with Pogba. It would be a disaster if Pogba renewed his contact, we need him gone.
They didn't force us but it does seem that they have "leaks" when it suits them.

UnitedFan93

They didn't force us but it does seem that they have "leaks" when it suits them.
They drop intentional leaks to force United's hand. Very often, what United decides to do, makes United worse off as a result. Very clever from City.

Apokalips

People want to chant "feck off Pogba" and boo the lad then call him disloyal and disrespectful for responding by moving to a rival.

BuzzKillington

Doesn’t press and isn’t press resistant, dallies on the ball way too long. He’s just about the least Pep Giardiola style midfielder I could imagine, I really hope he goes there.

Trex

Pogba the ball hugger, the one who always want to give youtubers a new trick for their latest compilation playing in city, I'll like to see that.
Is pep loosing his way, first Grealish, then Haaland now Pogba, all not suitable to his way of football.

Nick7

I genuinely don’t give a feck if he joined them to be honest. At this point I just want us to move on from him.

LordSpud

I kinda want to see what a Paul Pogba without Mino Raiola constantly in his ear looks like. It was always the case when he was on International Break Mino would come out with a load of shit so maybe Pogba might knuckle down from now on...

userman

Who gives a feck where he goes. The most important is that he leaves.
I genuinely believe he won’t strengthen Citys best eleven, rather the opposite.
Kind of hope he goes there so that there’s no more excuses to blame other than himself when it’s clear he doesn’t suit the PL.

Roane

Pogba hasn't worked and I'm not looking to argue why, however are some of the criticisms of him warranted?

I don't mean the on field play as such. More the off field stuff. His going to Dubai? So it's pretty much the norm for players to go elsewhere for recovery or even a break.

His agent? Was he really consistently saying stuff? Or was it usually in line with what was happening with Pogba? So the Mourinho issue or even the fan argument at end of season. Times when Pogba wanted to leave. Outside of which there was very little noise form player and to me agent.

I could be wrong as I haven't really done an in depth analysis that I'm reading some have done.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Also, Fred.

Would be interesting to see how Pogba plays with better players and systems if he did move.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Grealish, Haaland and Pogba are so far removed from the signings City have been making which has turned them into one of the best teams in PL History. All exceptionally individual signings, big names, very talented but not fitting the profile. Very us. Has Woodward moved to City? He’s very injury prone, has declined physically and isn’t capable both mentally in terms of concentration and physically in terms of his ability which is getting worse with every injury of playing in a team that presses high as a unit and is all about ball rotation. Unless they’re sticking him on the left but the article says playing deep. He’s a moments footballer. The total antithesis to Pep ball. It would be a batshit crazy signing to either spite us or improve their brand. Personally I suspect this is all geared up to get us to bite and offer him a big deal. I hope we don’t.

DickDastardly

Who's this Pogba fellow you all speak of?

There's about 50 other players i'd be worried about going to our rivals....Paul certainly isn't one.

Absolute waste of space.

If they get rid of Bernardo and get Pogba they would be 30% worse team.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Let’s face it, it’s the sort of thing he would do.

Doesn’t give a shite about Man Utd.
Yup, leaves the clubs twice on a free transfer, costs us a record fee to bring him back and then joins a rival. It's exactly what he'd do

That being said after Sanchez, Maguire and arguably Ronaldo we need to stop worrying about what City may do in the transfer window

led_scholes

Maguire too. There is no way City was ready to bid for 80 millions for him. 20 maybe.

I’m loving my life

Let him go to City and stuff up their system and also regularly tell the press he wants to move after a week of playing there.

Luckily Ed has fecked off and won’t shit the bed and give him a ridiculous contract, just to stop him going there, I hope.
If he does go there we can put a Welcome to PSG sign up in Manchester as he’ll clearly be angling to move there soon

PoTMS

He would instantly become the most hated former United player since Tevez. Maybe worse. At least the former never let us down on the pitch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he is to leave, I hope it won't be to City. How many times have ex players hurt us in the past ? I don't believe most of who are saying "let him go there". It'd be another humiliation on top of too many for years now. If he doesn't work out for them, they have other options, they won't care but the potential to do us dirty could always be there. Hmm no thanks. Just go play outside the PL please

OL29

If he is to leave, I hope it won't be to City. How many times have ex players hurt us in the past ? I don't believe most of who are saying "let him go there". It'd be another humiliation on top of too many for years now. If he doesn't work out for them, they have other options, they won't care but the potential to do us dirty could always be there. Hmm no thanks. Just go play outside the PL please
To be honest, as someone who’s always been a fan of Pogba, I really don’t mind him going there simply because I don’t think he’s good enough anymore and I think it’d be a big mistake from both parties. I’d lose a small bit of respect for him but he’s been largely irrelevant for us the last couple of seasons due to injuries and I doubt that will change at City.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
People want to chant "feck off Pogba" and boo the lad then call him disloyal and disrespectful for responding by moving to a rival.
This is the sort of thing my second youngest used to say before he got his shit together and @oates worked his magic; "it's his fault because he hit me back."

Pogba has time and again had chances at this club and he's generally given the bare minimum on the pitch and only shown his quality when he felt like it. He's also gone off with long periods of injury (not really his fault) had his former agent leak crap on an almost weekly basis about how Pogba would love to play elsewhere. It was after those occasions when fans would start giving him shit because cumulatively they painted the picture of a player who didn't want to be here but was more than happy to pick up a massive paycheck.

If his first response to any of the booing isn't "I understand their frustration" but rather "I'll punish them by joining City" then that would make him an utter cnut (or a nine year old) and just validate all the shit he got from fans.

caid

I'm not entirely bothered by the idea because even in the perfect circumstances, he's keeping De Bruyne, Silva, Foden, Grealish or some other 70+m signing out of the team. He might be good for them but better than Silva or De Bruyne? Doubt it. Playing him in a deeper position would be hilarious, they'll get cut to shreds.
As long as he's not here i dont really care.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He would instantly become the most hated former United player since Tevez. Maybe worse. At least the former never let us down on the pitch.
I think Tevez also wanted to stay, or have I got that wrong?

BuzzKillington

You must be having a laugh.
I’ve lost count of the amount of times he’s been mugged in the middle of park leading to a good chance for the opposition, alongside his lack of defensive nous/application it’s one of the main reasons we’ve had to try and move him out of the middle.

Not press resistant is probably not the right phrase. But he can be an absolute liability in central midfield, and city are stacked with left forwards. So I assume they’re looking at him for midfield.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If he is to leave, I hope it won't be to City. How many times have ex players hurt us in the past ? I don't believe most of who are saying "let him go there".
Tevez ended up refusing to play for them and Hargreaves wasn’t able to.

It’s a matter of which it will be with Pogba. Just as it has been with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.