Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
PSG or bust

Not denying he’d have been a valuable player over the last few games though. Especially in the rasford #10 role. I said it last season a lot, Pogba was miles better on the left. He was tracking back and flying into tackles. Wish we’d kept the team

Pogba Cavani James

for the EL final but Fred getting injured moved Pogba back to midfield where he had a standard midfield game. Rashford was always going to play even though he was horrible for months and didn’t look at all arsed. Pogba on the other hand looked very lively on the left
He seems to have some good chemistry with Bruno as well and someone who can pick out Ronaldo more often. If he gives us another half a good season when he comes back, it'll give us a fighting chance of top 4.

RUCK4444

Probably perform 9/10 or 10/10 when he comes back from injury playing under his new manager and then 2 months later drop his performance. It seems that has been Pogba's life at United under Mourinho and Ole. Showing glimpse of world class performance for 2 or 3 months per season and then shit show for the rest 6 months or the rest of the season. I hope it's not the case anymore under Rangnick and we can see the new Pogba who can actually prove us that he is what we actually need.
This screams to me a player who is playing with players not defensively good enough to allow him to play at a consistent level, only really then being super productive when he's doing it all on his own which is unsustainable.

Put a top level DM next to him and watch him play for us like he does for France in every game he plays for them.

Too late now though, he'll be leaving and we will pretend we are better off for it.

Born2Lose

I mean he clearly doesn't want to be over here and unless he is extremely low on ambition, he'll do better elsewhere. So why aren't we just offloading him for free right now, that way we at least lighten our wage burden.
Would make a lot of sense for the club to make an offer to Pogba and Lingard to buy out the remainder of their contracts now at a percentage of what it will eventually cost over the next six months.

I still have this nagging feeling though with Pogba that he knows there's no other club in football stupid enough to pay him £500k for half arsing it for the next five years except for United..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm seeing criticsm of Pogba(like every other player gets here) but there's nothing there about Pogba being the primary cause of the club's problems. Nothing at all.

It's a straw man argument that happens here all the time. It's a bit much to throw that at another poster when you're doing it yourself. The poster himself said he blames the owners rather than Pogba for the mess we're in.
Mate, the bloke I quoted, literally thought Pogba's agent being evil was a possible reason for the current unrest under Rangnick. That has nothing to do with Pogba's performances.

This one was also on the last page of his contract thread:

Pogba is all that is wrong with the club in the post Fergie era. Overpaid and underdelivering. Poor body language, blaming everyone else, playing well one game out of 5 and letting his agent rather than his feet do the talking.
Imagine watching the bowl of steaming crap our players serve up and then thinking to write this about a player who was on the other side of the world and hasn't been playing for 2 months.

Then there's the numerous idiots who keep parroting the "Pogba is a virus" line (search it, if you don't believe me). If you naively believe him being called a virus is a critique of his on the pitch performances, you're a very kind person.

KingCavani

You just know he's gonna come back in flying form, we'll give him a 450k a week contract and then will revert to type.

lost7

You just know he's gonna come back in flying form, we'll give him a 450k a week contract and then will revert to type.
He's 100% leaving, there's no way he wants to stay and not win much for the rest of his career when he'll be able to go to PSG or Real Madrid and win trophies on a consistent basis relatively easily

Marwood

Mate, the bloke I quoted, literally thought Pogba's agent being evil was a possible reason for the current unrest under Rangnick. That has nothing to do with Pogba's performances.

This one was also on the last page of his contract thread:

Imagine watching the bowl of steaming crap our players serve up and then thinking to write this about a player who was on the other side of the world and hasn't been playing for 2 months.

Then there's the numerous idiots who keep parroting the "Pogba is a virus" line (search it, if you don't believe me). If you naively believe him being called a virus is a critique of his on the pitch performances, you're a very kind person.
I don't know if it's a genuine misreading of posts or being hyper sensitive to Pogba criticism but again none of that is laying the blame primarlity at Pogba's door.

Saying he personifies what's wrong at the club isn't saying he's to blame for everything.

Producing a list of reasons as to what's wrong, one of them being agents behaviour, isn't putting it all on Pogba either.

The poster in question literally said he doesn't blame Pogba, he blames the owners. Couldn't be any clearer. Why the desire to twist that into him primarily blaming Pogba? I've picked up on that a few times in this thread. It happens in other players thread as well. Posters feeling their favourite is being blamed more than everyone else. But here it's at its worst.

Criticism of Pogba isn't the same as blaming Pogba for everything.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't know if it's a genuine misreading of posts or being hyper sensitive to Pogba criticism but again none of that is laying the blame primarlity at Pogba's door.

Saying he personifies what's wrong at the club isn't saying he's to blame for everything.

Producing a list of reasons as to what's wrong, one of them being agents behaviour, isn't putting it all on Pogba either.

The poster in question literally said he doesn't blame Pogba, he blames the owners. Couldn't be any clearer. Why the desire to twist that into him primarily blaming Pogba? I've picked up on that a few times in this thread. It happens in other players thread as well. Posters feeling their favourite is being blamed more than everyone else. But here it's at its worst.

Criticism of Pogba isn't the same as blaming Pogba for everything.
Like I said: Naive. It's a sugarcoated attack on Pogba's character. It's a wild conspiracy theory. Raiola has no other clients at United and he has no incentive to upset the situation at United to get a January transfer (he benefits if Pogba leaves on a free), nor does he have the power to.

The fact that the same poster spouted something reasonable somewhere else, some other time, doesn't make it less outrageous of a suggestion.

Literally every time I call out an outrageous claim on X player I'm told I have the blinders on because X player is my favorite.
So far I'm accused of being in the Martial, Maguire and Pogba fan club, which completely ignores the fact that I don't rate any of these players and wanted them gone in the summer.

No, Pogba doesn't exemplify everything wrong with the club. He's just a disappointing big name signing. His influence on the team isn't as detrimental as portrayed. And no, before you start again, this isn't a straw man. We've been discussing a post suggesting his agent could be behind the recent problems at United, while Pogba has been chilling in fecking Dubai for weeks.

And again, me calling out some hyperbolic bullshit on Pogba doesn't mean I rate him. Far from it.

Marwood

Like I said: Naive. It's a sugarcoated attack on Pogba's character. It's a wild conspiracy theory. Raiola has no other clients at United and he has no incentive to upset the situation at United to get a January transfer (he benefits if Pogba leaves on a free), nor does he have the power to.

The fact that the same poster spouted something reasonable somewhere else, some other time, doesn't make it less outrageous of a suggestion.

Literally every time I call out an outrageous claim on X player I'm told I have the blinders on because X player is my favorite.
So far I'm accused of being in the Martial, Maguire and Pogba fan club, which completely ignores the fact that I don't rate any of these players and wanted them gone in the summer.

No, Pogba doesn't exemplify everything wrong with the club. He's just a disappointing big name signing. His influence on the team isn't as detrimental as portrayed. And no, before you start again, this isn't a straw man. We've been discussing a post suggesting his agent could be behind the recent problems at United, while Pogba has been chilling in fecking Dubai for weeks.

And again, me calling out some hyperbolic bullshit on Pogba doesn't mean I rate him. Far from it.
Wether the claims about Pogba are outrageous or not, right or wrong, it doesn't mean anybody is saying all our promlems are primarily his fault. I mean think about it. How could an entire clubs performance be one players fault? It's not possible. Nobody would suggest that.

Somebody complaining about Pogba's agent in amongst a bunch of other problems at the club isn't the witch hunt you seem to picture.

It's a straw man argument. Nobody is blaming Pogba for everything.

Steve 007

I stand by it. The performance on a Monday was beyond terrible. There’s a lot players who don’t give a ####.
Some on here are saying it’s because we miss Pogba and his creativity. Pogba is a very capable player who we signed for a world record fee and since he’s been here he’s been average on the pitch and let his agent talk nonsense about us. If people think Pogba can rescue the situation they are much mistaken. Bruno is having a bad season but he’s still in the time he’s been here done a lot more than Pogba, scored more, created more, tried harder, won more player of the month awards and hasn’t let his agent talk about us.
I can count those great games for Pogba on two hands because it’s likely single figures.

USREDEVIL

I stand by it. The performance on a Monday was beyond terrible. There’s a lot players who don’t give a ####.
Some on here are saying it’s because we miss Pogba and his creativity. Pogba is a very capable player who we signed for a world record fee and since he’s been here he’s been average on the pitch and let his agent talk nonsense about us. If people think Pogba can rescue the situation they are much mistaken. Bruno is having a bad season but he’s still in the time he’s been here done a lot more than Pogba, scored more, created more, tried harder, won more player of the month awards and hasn’t let his agent talk about us.
I can count those great games for Pogba on two hands because it’s likely single figures.
It's the old absence makes you fonder shit that happens bigly around here. If he was in the side we'd probably be moaning about him too. That said i want him back in midfield :nervous:

mu4c_20le

I think he'd be ace in the position behind the front two, he likes to drift wide anyways.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is like asking someone on their ideas on the migrant crisis after having just debunked your claim George Soros didn't cause it.

You made some good suggestions, and some terrible ones like the Raiola one and "Rangnick is a sadomasochist who whips them during train".

My money's on disgruntled players and staff afraid of being shipped off or having to work harder, seeing an opportunity with a bloke that's just an interim. Far more likely than Raiola being evil for the sake of it. But that's just my opinion.
Wow. I'm lost for word.

I dont know what to say. George soros caused a migrant crisis?

I think that's an effin dumb lines, whatever that even mean

RuudTom83

United need a Pogba team talk like the ones that lead France to a World Cup.

Let everyone record it and "leak" it on instagram

Needs must...come home Pogba you're our only hope :wenger:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wether the claims about Pogba are outrageous or not, right or wrong, it doesn't mean anybody is saying all our promlems are primarily his fault. I mean think about it. How could an entire clubs performance be one players fault? It's not possible. Nobody would suggest that.

Somebody complaining about Pogba's agent in amongst a bunch of other problems at the club isn't the witch hunt you seem to picture.

It's a straw man argument. Nobody is blaming Pogba for everything.
You have a very kind interpretation of some of the vitriol that gets posted.

Sorry, but if someone suggest the team being shit under RR has anything to do with Raiola (who's paid to act on Pogba's behalf) you're implying he's some of sort of powerful evil genius. And like you said, logically no one player has that kind of power. So people that imply such silliness should be called out.
Wow. I'm lost for word.

I dont know what to say. George soros caused a migrant crisis?

I think that's an effin dumb lines, whatever that even mean
It's called a conspiracy theory. Yeah, it's really dumb isn't it.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You have a very kind interpretation of some of the vitriol that gets posted.

Sorry, but if someone suggest the team being shit under RR has anything to do with Raiola (who's paid to act on Pogba's behalf) you're implying he's some of sort of powerful evil genius. And like you said, logically no one player has that kind of power. So people that imply such silliness should be called out.

It's called a conspiracy theory. Yeah, it's really dumb isn't it.
I dont even know what to say. I never even said anything about teams playing bad.

But hey. You must have felt a big tough guy calling people dumb on the internet.

Ah why do i even bother. On to my ignore list.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I dont even know what to say. I never even said anything about teams playing bad.

But hey. You must have felt a big tough guy calling people dumb on the internet.

Ah why do i even bother. On to my ignore list.
For the record:
"it" doesn't refer to people, but to the (dumb) conspiracy theories mentioned in the previous sentence.

I'm a gal, but whatever. Peace :cool:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’m going to post on this one last time….Bruno had a great start to his United career. His first twelve months overall were good. But he was still inconsistent in terms of performances, he plays further up the pitch than Pogba and has largely played in a more balanced team in my opinion, had penalties to mask his performances for a long time, until this season. He hasn’t done more than Pogba, he simply had a great start to his United career. Since last January he’s been largely terrible consistently with a handful of good performances here and there. Pogba has never had 12 months as bad as Bruno was in 2021.

This is the thing though….if you asked United fans for their player of 2021 you will get plenty saying Bruno….because he is held in such a positive regard. It’s the same in the opposite way for Pogba. If you go back and watch his performances from January last season he’s been largely very good with a few poor games here and there. You will see the effort that people keep saying he doesn’t give, the quality, the impact and you will see the effect it had last season when he got injured. He’s was miles better than Bruno in 2021 it’s not even close….but people don’t want to see it and instead just insist that Bruno has been great….but he’s just a bit tired.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I’m going to post on this one last time….Bruno had a great start to his United career. His first twelve months overall were good. But he was still inconsistent in terms of performances, he plays further up the pitch than Pogba and has largely played in a more balanced team in my opinion, had penalties to mask his performances for a long time, until this season. He hasn’t done more than Pogba, he simply had a great start to his United career. Since last January he’s been largely terrible consistently with a handful of good performances here and there.

This is the thing though….if you asked United fans for their player of 2021 you will get plenty saying Bruno….because he is held in such a positive regard. It’s the same in the opposite way for Pogba. If you go back and watch his performances from January last season he’s been largely very good with a few poor games here and there. You will see the effort that people keep saying he doesn’t give, the quality, the impact and you will see the effect it had last season when he got injured. He’s was miles better than Bruno in 2021 it’s not even close….but people don’t want to see it and instead just insist that Bruno has been great….but he’s just a bit tired.
I generally rate Bruno over Pogba, but this is also how I recall it.

People generally think of seasons though. Bit pointless to take the calendar year no?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I generally rate Bruno over Pogba, but this is also how I recall it.

People generally think of seasons though. Bit pointless to take the calendar year no?
I saw two polls on Facebook and Twitter for 2021 around New Year’s Day….first few responses had Bruno and Degea.

Doesn’t surprise me but it’s absolute nonsense.

He'sRaldo

For all the talk of our shite midfield, he's had to pair with at least one of them for pretty much his entire time here.

If we hadn't let that situation fester and instead bought a top class midfielder like Fabinho years ago, his time here would have been more successful, plus we wouldn't be looking at this terrible midfield situation right now.

DomM

I sincerely hope we don't offer him more than 100k a week, he doesn't deserve it based on the previous 3 years, very inconsistent performer and tends to get injured quite often.
If we do offer huge sums to keep him it will just show complete weakness on the clubs behalf and desperation to keep him, all players will act however they like.

Telsim

We really don't need him to be honest. And definitely not for these obscene wages. Better for both parties to just part ways at this point. I mean, yeah, we are not getting anything, but just saving on his wages is enough.

Steve 007

Hopefully just press speculation, but if we do have a broken dressing room I hardly think that offering to make Pogba the highest paid player in the Premier league history is going to go down well.

CloneMC16

500k a week is absolutely ridiculous. I don't believe that. He would be on the same as Ronaldo. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to match Ronaldo's salary. We shouldn't ever do it.

united for life

Apparently there were news of a new offer of 500k a week.
this is insane! 500k for a player who is as inconsistent as him? He has done nothing to deserve this sum of money. I’d rather he leaves for free in the summer. His agent has already flirted with a couple of clubs. Let him go. He always seems with a foot outside the club. If he stays, it is going to be for the money. Do we really want that!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
this is insane! 500k for a player who is as inconsistent as him? He has done nothing to deserve this sum of money. I’d rather he leaves for free in the summer. His agent has already flirted with a couple of clubs. Let him go. He always seems with a foot outside the club. If he stays, it is going to be for the money. Do we really want that!
And he left the toilet seat up !

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Agreed.
Unavailable to play fairly often too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really can't wait until he is back because I feel like Rangnick really needs him.

The 4222 with Pogba at LAM or the 442 diamond as a LCM.

Whether he is here in the future or not, Rangnick has picked his formation before he has picked his players - so for me Pogba fits our current formation than alot of our players.

Bennie Blanco

I really can't wait until he is back because I feel like Rangnick really needs him.

The 4222 with Pogba at LAM or the 442 diamond as a LCM.

Whether he is here in the future or not, Rangnick has picked his formation before he has picked his players - so for me Pogba fits our current formation than alot of our players.
The call for help came before, but guess what? Pogba never answered. Maybe you ought to get used to life without Pogba playing here (hallelujah!). His heart's not in it, and I'm not sure if it ever was.

The team is split, that needs fixing first and foremost.

Last edited:

The Substitute

We do play better football with Pogba than without, no question about it. He has a flow in his style which connects. Right now we have a bunch of individualists, noone to pick out that player. The passing in this team is horrendous and Pogba is the best passer of the ball we have. Hate him all you want but he is absolutely needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.