Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Devil81

Really couldn't care less if we've overpaid, it's not my money and everyone is overpaying for players.

SirAF

Ageist
These people at the Juventuz forum are a real nasty bunch. Wishing him injuries, calling him a mercenary, insulting him...

The guy just gave them £100 million profit and 4 great years, and they are still not happy.

Despicable people. I hope the Italian Juve fans are not like this.
Probably who his last tweet was directed at.

SirAF

Ageist
Really couldn't care less if we've overpaid, it's not my money and everyone is overpaying for players.
Exactly. And like Woodward said a few years ago, we're all sick and tired of seeing the best players heading to Spain. He talked the talk, and my God did he walk it as well.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Haha. Sorry, man. Just since we had a little bit of earlier banter about the quality of the thread or lack there of I thought I'd lightheartedly try to get you involved since we at last had something positive and of substance to discuss. No big deal.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
These people at the Juventuz forum are a real nasty bunch. Wishing him injuries, calling him a mercenary, insulting him...

The guy just gave them £100 million profit and 4 great years, and they are still not happy.

In the Pogba thread one of their posters from 2008 started posting animated videos where the "N..gas" word was used quited often.

I don't normally equate a fanbase with the team (Chelsea being the exception), but I'm immediately a hater of everything Juventus now. I will always root against them.

Red Bug

Bitter, immature youngsters with access to the Internet are not a way to gauge a fanbase.

I find lots of Internet forums are full of raging kids who play too much Xbox, drink too much caffeine based soda and lose their sh*t over the most trivial of things. RedCafe is different thank god.

I really don't like the modern day football fan that is coming through. It's all about signings and bling. Silly tattoos. Social Media addictions. Bad hair. Crap hiphop or Grime or whatever it's called. Awful headphones as a fashion accessory.

Paul Pogba though. What a player and hats off to Woodward - he came through.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

I don't think the Italian Juve fans are that way. Some Italian forums I've checked about this have mostly been disappointed(obviously) with his imminent departure with some angry posters here and there but as a whole didn't feel any such bitterness like Tuz is displaying right now.

Come to think of it, are we the only forums who don't unnecessarily and bitterly nickname other forums and fans names such as "ratface", "rags", "fagface" and such?

LouisDanGaal

This isn't naming and shaming or proving people wrong, but going through the first pages of this thread it's nice to see how many people wanted it to happen but thought it was impossible (I did too) given how things turned out 1000 pages later!
I literally didn't open this thread until a month or so ago because the idea of us getting Pogba seemed absolutely ludicrous, if I had made a comment it would have been a lot more emphatic than any of those you posted.

Cast your mind back to the game we realised we weren't getting top four the vibe around the club, Mourinho was more than rumblings but LVG was talking as if he would get another season, in terms of players coming in I genuinely didn't know what kind of market we would be shopping in. Look at now, we have mou, Ibra, mkhy, bailly and nearly Pogba. We are genuinely buying a player who could become the best player in the world, I don't think its set in just how absolutely ludicrous this signing is, a player who would get in to any team of the world is going to be replacing fellaini, or thinking back a bit further cleverley. Things are seriously looking up and I cant wait for everything to gel over the next few months.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I'd prefer the 8 for him. Let's face it Mata is not going to be a key part of Jose's plans and they took a number off Martial anyway.
They have to register the numbers at the start of August, Pogba will not be wearing the number 8 this season. Part of the reason RVP never got the #9 was because we hadn't sold Berba in time.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Bitter, immature youngsters with access to the Internet are not a way to gauge a fanbase.

I find lots of Internet forums are full of raging kids who play too much Xbox, drink too much caffeine based soda and lose their sh*t over the most trivial of things. RedCafe is different thank god.

I really don't like the modern day football fan that is coming through. It's all about signings and bling. Silly tattoos. Social Media addictions. Bad hair. Crap hiphop or Grime or whatever it's called. Awful headphones as a fashion accessory.

Paul Pogba though. What a player and hats off to Woodward - he came through.
I think you might just have coined a phrase 'BIY's'. And you make a good point. Impressed with the way Jose put the case for PP joining his United project.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Come to think of it, are we the only forums who don't unnecessarily and bitterly nickname other forums and fans names such as "ratface", "rags", "fagface" and such?
You mean apart from calling the Etihad Stadium "Emptyhad", Liverpool "Bin dippers", Benitez "The FSW", Arsenal "Arse" etc.? Yes, you are the only forum ;)

krazyrobus

I wish someone would put a highlights paclage of this thread. It's had everything, the flight trackers, the random fan sigtings and questions to Pogba, Adidas advert, Mourinho's tactical board, critical disection of statements made by clubs, journalist etc.

Tiber

I wish someone would put a highlights paclage of this thread. It's had everything, the flight trackers, the random fan sigtings and questions to Pogba, Adidas advert, Mourinho's tactical board.
I thought this thread has been quite light on the old flight tracking! Things move so fast I probably missed it

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You mean apart from calling the Etihad Stadium "Emptyhad", Liverpool "Bin dippers", Benitez "The FSW", Arsenal "Arse" etc.? Yes, you are the only forum ;)
Apart from the Liverpool one which is not often used on here, the others are not referring to fans.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Manchester United 'perfect' for Paul Pogba, says Jose Mourinho
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ted-perfect-for-paul-pogba-says-jose-mourinho

"United is the perfect club to bring him to the level he wants to be," Mourinho said after his side beat Leicester 2-1 at Wembley to win the Community Shield.

"The Premier League is the perfect habitat if you want to be the best player in the world. If you go to Barca or Madrid you are in trouble, because I don't think the other two big guys will let you develop to that level.

"Here he has the conditions to develop in the biggest worldwide championship, with a team that wants to bring Manchester United to the top again. We have everything to give him. Money he will get in any big club. He comes because he knows the club, the city, many of the players and to be part of the Man United project.

"If it goes well in the medical, which I think he will - I see on Instagram he does kung-fu, karate, running, basketball, football - everything, so he must be fit - on Tuesday I will be there waiting for him, if that is the situation for us.

"This has been a good window for us; [Eric] Bailly, Pogba, [Zlatan] Ibrahimobvic, [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan. One defender, one midfielder, one striker, one creative. The squad is good.

"But we need to work a lot. We need more weeks of work. I am happy that for three weeks we have just a match for the weekend."
Very true. Those who say he's come here only for the money are wrong. The top 4/5 teams in the world can all afford to pay him what he wants. He came because of what we're doing here. I also reckon the desire from the club to bring him back proved to him this is the right club for him. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

El-Manos

When is he rumoured to have his medical, Monday or Tuesday? My inner muppet can't wait.

Never mind, just saw the Sky article there, Tuesday it is !

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Doesn't make it less childish.
Still, those terms are not used very often on here. If you go on Bluemoon, they exclusively refer to us as rags, you go to RAWK they very often refer to us as scum and to Mourinho as shitcoat.

Apart from that, there's the very common wishing our players who are doing well an injury. You'd probably get at least an infraction if you did that on here.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Still, those terms are not used very often on here.
My impression is very different. I read them very often. This place is more heavily moderated than the Juventuz forum where almost everything goes, but let's not pretend that this place is entirely a home of noble, respectful debate.

peridigm

I'd prefer the 8 for him. Let's face it Mata is not going to be a key part of Jose's plans and they took a number off Martial anyway.
but, but, but Mata's branding used the #8.

I think he should take the #6 this season and next season he'll be given the #10 cause Rooney will be in China. ;)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I wasn't sure whether he meant that Pogba is due into training on Tuesday (subject to medical).
Hmm, that actually makes more sense. The players will have tomorrow off, so I guess he meant see him in training on Tuesday.

Maybe we'll complete the deal tomorrow :drool:

Tiber

Tuesday? This thread could hit 2k before this is all signed :houllier: Ah well .... only 48 more hours :p