Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Silas

Finally a midfielder who can drive forward with the ball. We've missed that physical presence.

------------Schneiderlin----------
------Pogba----------Herrera-----
Mkhitaryan----------------Martial
------------Ibrahimovic-----------

Think that's probably our strongest front 6 on paper. Expecting Morgan to step it up this season.
Well it's not because Schneiderlin isn't a #6. Assuming everyone was fit and in form, Schneiderlin would play where Pogba is, Pogba would play in Herrera's position (as he's plays primarily as an LCM) and Schweinsteiger would play behind them.

Silas

Didnt he play there for So'ton? If not I still think Mou can get the best out of him playing there.
He played in a double pivot with Wanyama IIRC. Wanyama was the more defensive of the two while, while Schneiderlin was more adventurous. I don't think playing him would be the best use or his qualities. Especially when it would only be to accommodate Herrera.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Even if we are talking about overrall value their club is valued higher than what we are atm.
Yeah makes sense.
I couldn't care less if we are 1st or 10the on any Forbes list. What in the end is important is that we are in most seasons competing for titles.

jungledrums

Well it's not because Schneiderlin isn't a #6. Assuming everyone was fit and in form, Schneiderlin would play where Pogba is, Pogba would play in Herrera's position (as he's plays primarily as an LCM) and Schweinsteiger would play behind them.
In what world is Schweinsteiger more of a #6 than Schneiderlin?!

Tiber

No idea what you are on. It was clear the RM fan was referring to actual results on the pitch and not the overall value of the club or anything.
I think you need a reality check. United is a team with so much to prove, to it's fans, investors, sponsors. Real Madrid and Manchester United live in two completely different galaxies at this point in time. Different set of targets, different set of problems, different set of everything
Still reads as a wider comment to me.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He'd play behind the great wall.
Nice.

For me Pogba is an attacking 8. The talent is there for sure but the knowledge and work rate as you've said is a bit missing. A few months training under Mourinho and I imagine he'll be moulded into that position perfectly

Scholsey2004

He played in a double pivot with Wanyama IIRC. Wanyama was the more defensive of the two while, while Schneiderlin was more adventurous.
In fairness neither of them we're very adventurous. I'd describe schneiderlin as a number six. Davis did most of the attacking/creative side. I'd add the caveat that wanyama was there specifically to defend whereas schneiderlin was more of a carrick role. We wouldn't typically use an anchorman like they did so there wouldn't be a wanyama equivalent in our side.

starman

What the hell are you talking about? How did you get that from what I said? I didnt say those players were average. I said we have brought in an average of 5 players in the past 3 years. The point Im trying to make is just because we spread out the cost these past three years, it didnt make us any better.
Perhaps you should read what you actually write..

mu4c_20le

Seems like gaucho is just going by what his manager said. But in reality, Pogba walks into any team, end of story. Zidane would have loved to manage his own successor.

gaucho_10

funny how you're not spunking money on every player and his dog now that that cash cow has dried up.As for not needing Pogba well:lol:,pull the other one mate.
We have Modric, Kroos, Isco, James and Kovacic competing to fill two places in our starting 11, and you say; feck that, you guys need a 23 year old serie A over hyped central midfielder to transform your midfield into what exactly, a champions league winning midfield..? :lol:

We lost out, on Krychowiak, or Kante or some other payer who can compete with casemiro for DM role, but Pogba, how do you even come to this conclusion it's beyond me.

No, it isn't actually. It's just years of frustration that completely distort your perspective. You finally have your galactico, and now that he's here (well not yet, but should be), he's everything everyone else has been crying for. Sad really...

If Madrid had the money they would be in like a shot.
If Perez really wanted Pogba and didn't have the funds, he would just sell you James and finance the deal with your money. You should know how it works by now.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah Madrid doesnt need him. :D Some salty stuff from Madrid fans here.
They might need him, but they aren't willing to spend all that money on him considering that they have Modric and Kroos in midfield. I am sure that they would have loved to sign him if he was cheaper, but you don't spend 120m euros on a player who plays in midfield, if you already have two world class midfielders.

For example, if some top CB became available when we had Vidic and Rio, we would have liked to sign him, but not if the price was ridiculous. Some other club with the same finances however would have signed him even for a very large price if they didn't have any top CB.

However, it is good to see for once getting a player that Madrid were very interested on and have been planning for years to sign him.

Silas

In what world is Schweinsteiger more of a #6 than Schneiderlin?!
In the way that he could act as a deep-lying playmaker, while Schneiderlin breaks up the play and Pogba does his magic moving into the final third. He played in the position against France if I'm not mistaken, with Kroos and Ozil ahead and he had a pretty good game apart from the penalty.
In fairness neither of them we're very adventurous. I'd describe schneiderlin as a number six. Davis did most of the attacking/creative side.
I've always thought of him as a defensive #8 if anything. Small difference, but when you compare him to someone like William Carvalho, it's more apparent.

starman

But there's no point talking about what could've been.

We were rumoured to have almost gotten players like Ronaldinho, Robben, Essien, Hazard etc. Doesn't mean anything because we didn't get them. Same thing for Sanches.

Kante we simply didn't want, there weren't any substantial rumours linking us to him.

So back to your original point, who are these other players we could sign?
You are just trying pin hole things, not last window, or the window 5 year ago, this window, we could have signed Sanches and Kante and still go onto sign Mahrez for the same money, we will pay for Pogba. Its a pretty simple contruct

Scholsey2004

Yeah makes sense.
I couldn't care less if we are 1st or 10the on any Forbes list. What in the end is important is that we are in most seasons competing for titles.
Yeah, I'd rather be winning than making bank as it's not my money. It's easy to brag about how much money we have but it's the glazers money nowadays so it's not really relevant.

reddevil702

To be fair they really dont need him
They don't but that's never stopped them before. James wasn't needed yet they still brought him in... Madristas just mad they won't have a new toy this summer and making excuses.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
If i wanted to bang Margot robbie i would, but you know what? I just dont NEED to bang her. :wenger:

Revan

Assumptionman
If Perez really wanted Pogba and didn't have the funds, he would just sell you James and finance the deal with your money. You should know how it works by now.
Every reported mentions that James is on sale list providing that some club is idiotic enough to give 80m euros or so. But it seems that this time, that isn't going to happen.

I think that if Pogba cost 80m instead of 120m, you would have definitely gone for him. Looking for Gomez at Valencia quite proves that. But for that price (120m) you sign a player only if it is a big upgrade, and why he is better than Kroos, the difference isn't that big. In addition, Kroos and Modric play well together.

starman

Perhaps you should read what I wrote? You said we should spread out the cost of Pogba by buying more players. I said that is what this club has done the past three seasons. We have brought in 15 players by spreading the cost at an average of buying 5 players per season. And where has spreading the cost by buying more players got us? I never even mentioned Sanches or Kante or Mahrez or anything about how average they are. Now do you understand what I was trying to say or should I break it down even more?
You said average players were bought, what thats got to do with Sanches, Kante or Mahrez?

Ban

They might need him, but they aren't willing to spend all that money on him considering that they have Modric and Kroos in midfield. I am sure that they would have loved to sign him if he was cheaper, but you don't spend 120m euros on a player who plays in midfield, if you already have two world class midfielders.

For example, if some top CB became available when we had Vidic and Rio, we would have liked to sign him, but not if the price was ridiculous. Some other club with the same finances however would have signed him even for a very large price if they didn't have any top CB.

However, it is good to see for once getting a player that Madrid were very interested on and have been planning for years to sign him.
Last sentence is the key.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
THIS!!

grinds my gears how everyone fawns over madrid like they get things done all the time when they fecked up signing the best GK in the world by squabbling over a few million quid. They dont always get their man and every transfer window we are flexing our muscles and showing them who is boss. Its like a rocky movie where we were getting pulverized only to get a pep talk in the 8th round and we are starting to punch back!
Unfortunately though they're the ones sitting with 2 extra champions league trophies whereas we've struggled to even qualify for it recently.

Scholsey2004

In the way that he could act as a deep-lying playmaker, while Schneiderlin breaks up the play and Pogba does his magic moving into the final third. He played in the position against France if I'm not mistaken, with Kroos and Ozil ahead and he had a pretty good game apart from the penalty.

I've always thought of him as a defensive #8 if anything. Small difference, but when you compare him to someone like William Carvalho, it's more apparent.
Im not convinced teams at the top end of a league nead a holding midfielder as defensive as carvalho or wanyama. We've never used a player like that. Jose might disagree mind.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Real madrid do not buy players they need, they buy shiny new toys. This is one toy they wanted but was too pricy for them hence the "we dont really need him" line comes out. They dint need bekham but needed makelele, they dint needdi maria, they dint need jamez, they dint need to sack ancelotti or mourinho.

acrebo

So, this Pogba lad. Any good?

I guess he could be one for the future, still being young. Odds of him being loaned to Peterborough for a year or two?

Probably better in the U21's to start with I guess, give him a few cup games.

Ban

Real madrid do not buy players they need, they buy shiny new toys. This is one toy they wanted but was too pricy for them hence the "we dont really need him" line comes out. They dint need bekham but needed makelele, they dint needdi maria, they dint need jamez, they dint need to sack ancelotti or mourinho.
This.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You are just trying pin hole things, not last window, or the window 5 year ago, this window, we could have signed Sanches and Kante and still go onto sign Mahrez for the same money, we will pay for Pogba. Its a pretty simple contruct
Sanches signed for Bayern Munich in May, with our old manager. And everything seemed to suggest the main reason behind this was he chose Bayern over us, not much we can do that about. After which the usual PR speech came out saying we didn't really want him. So mentioning him is pointless.

Kante has signed for Chelsea, and in the weeks leading up to this, there has been no substantial claims that we were even after him. So mentioning him is pointless.

Talking about Mahrez is also pointless because he doesn't play the same position.

You haven't actually pointed out players who are currently available and play in Pogba's position. That's what i'm trying to target here.