Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Macern

Pee pee pants
I think that what we have done this summer with getting Mourinho, Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan proves that we're together with Real and Barca one of the three biggest clubs in the world (by far). If not the biggest, because I don't really see them pulling off signings like these if they were somehow to take a beating like we've done after Fergie. It's unbeleivable what we've managed to do even without CL football.

XdanielredX

In the last 3 transfer windows we have signed:

Falcao (Loan obviously), Angel Di Maria, Shaw, Mourinho, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Depay, Martial, Pogba and De Gea re-signed with us.

All this after Rodgers said we will struggle to attract decent players because of no CL..

krazyrobus

I think that what we have done this summer with getting Mourinho, Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan proves that we're together with Real and Barca one of the three biggest clubs in the world (by far). If not the biggest, because I don't really see them pulling off signings like these if they were somehow to take a beating like we've done after Fergie. It's unbeleivable what we've managed to do even without CL football.
Stop getting ahead of yourself, Mourinho is a big signing yes.

Pogba is still a signing based on potential rather than actual star performances.

Zlatan is a 35 year old who ran his contract down

Mkhi had 1 year left on his contract, with not a lot options in terms of his position as most big teams have his area covered.

While I am thrilled we acquired some and hope to acquire the other don't kid yourself thinking we are on par with Real and Barca's pulling power, particularly with South American superstars.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We made big signings the last two summers previously. The key is getting those signings to actually improve the squad.

DarkXaero

Pogba is still a signing based on potential rather than actual star performances.

Mkhi had 1 year left on his contract, with not a lot options in terms of his position as most big teams have his area covered.

While I am thrilled we acquired some and hope to acquire the other don't kid yourself thinking we are on par with Real and Barca's pulling power, particularly with South American superstars.
What? He is one of the best midfielders in the world, with potential to become one of the very best players in the world.

cyberman

Dear lord.
What South American superstars are around these days btw?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
What? He is one of the best midfielders in the world, with potential to become one of the very best players in the world.
4 League titles, started in a Champions League Final, started in a European Championship final, 38 caps, UEFA team of the year and World team of the year. You will not find a more proven 23 year old.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pogba can still improve, but to label him as simply a signing based on potential is untrue. He's a very good player as is. IMO, world class but obviously people define the word differently. I think he can potentially become the best midfielder in the world, but he's probably one of the 5 or 10 best midfielders in the world right now.

He's had plenty of good performances for Juventus for the past 4 seasons. He's contributed to each of their title wins. It's not like buying Renato Sanches who would be a signing based on potential or even Martial last season IMO.

Eddy_JukeZ

Iniesta
Modric
Busquets

Are the only midfielders I think are certainly better than Pogba right now. Verratti, Vidal, Kroos, Ozil and De Bruyne are arguable(I'd have Pogba over them all except Verratti).

gulli_G

Neymar, highly doubt he would ever sign for us.
If we get Pogba, CL next year, and do well in Europa cup, we will have good pulling power and have the financial power to outbid anyone. We could pay Neymar's clause next year if he wanted to leave.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If we get Pogba, CL next year, and do well in Europa cup, we will have good pulling power and have the financial power to outbid anyone. We could pay Neymar's clause next year if he wanted to leave.
I see us chasing Griezmann like crazy next year personally. Another season like he's just had would push him close to Neymar and Suarez in terms of standing. Can't see him going RM, Barcelona couldn't offer him a guaranteed spot without selling so only Bayern to really compete with us and they don't make many astronomical priced signings. In this country Chelski and city would be interested. But he's a supposed United fan so if we look to be heading back to the top I reckon he'd come.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Bayern up there too tbf

CG1010

Zlatan - he could have gone literally anywhere, including signing with PSG. He signed a year's contract to United with no CL this year.

Mikhi - I don't know if he had other suitors but at least Dortmund were strongly willing to keep him. Considering Dortmund are at least two tiers above us in current football position, this is a remarkable coup.

Pogba - Its clear that Real Madrid, and Man City were after him this window, apart from us. Also Pogba had the option of staying at Juventus and also wait a year or two possibly for Barcelona who were in for him the last transfer window. With us able to (likely) beat such elite competition when we don't even have CL to offer currently is a massive statement of our power.

Sure, our money, and manager played an important role in these signings, but those are also aspects expected of a big club.

Eddy_JukeZ

Moratta saying we haven't made any contact regarding Pogba,so i guess all the news was made up.
Of course he'll say that.

And in all likelihood Raiola is brokering the deal anyways.

Someone else from Juventus came out earlier and said he couldn't comment on the Pogba situation.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Of course he'll say that.

And in all likelihood Raiola is brokering the deal anyways.

Someone else from Juventus came out earlier and said he couldn't comment on the Pogba situation.
I think Moratta also said nothing has changed and he expect Pogba to stay.I think the deal is still in the balance.

WPMUFC

I think Moratta also said nothing has changed and he expect Pogba to stay.I think the deal is still in the balance.
Marotta said this about Pjanic to Juve six days ago:
"It's false, it isn't true, Even Roma denied it yesterday"
Where is Pjanic now? OH right ;) Marotta talks absolute BS constantly.

gulli_G

I see us chasing Griezmann like crazy next year personally. Another season like he's just had would push him close to Neymar and Suarez in terms of standing. Can't see him going RM, Barcelona couldn't offer him a guaranteed spot without selling so only Bayern to really compete with us and they don't make many astronomical priced signings. In this country Chelski and city would be interested. But he's a supposed United fan so if we look to be heading back to the top I reckon he'd come.
Good shout

Fraud

I'm getting tired of that potential bullshit. Pogba is one of the best, if not the best midfielder in the world. The club isn't paying a lot money for some random promise. We're paying for someone with a lot of experience in Europe and who already won a lot trophies and individual awards.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Verrati must be a consideration (not saying PSG will sell) but with Bastian and Carrick coming to the end of their careers it will be a gap we need to fill. Plus we would have Zlatan potentially here for his second and most probably last season and if you are going to entice Verrati then better doing it when Zlatan is here due to his supposed close relationship with him. (All hearsay of course) imagine Verrati and Pogba in our midfield (that's the thing about having big named players it attracts other players to the club) so wish we had kept Di Maria also.

crossy1686

career ending
If Pogba signs for the price the media is quoting, we could have signed Fellani, Hererra, Schiniderlin, Schwienstiger, Memphis and Blind for the same price. To be fair, I'd swap them all for one Paul Pogba.

People complaining about the price should look at what it gets you when you break it down. Liverpool are being quoted £20m for Winaljdum.

And to be honest, if it keeps another player out of Madrid or Barcelonea's hands then I'd gladly pay £200m for him.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
So Sid Lowe is making excuses for Real Madrid and Barca in his latest article. Apparently they are so well-stocked with galacticos that there just isn't room for any more.

What do you get the man who has everything? It often seems like teams have to sign in the summer, or feel like they have to. But sometimes there's really not much point. And although that doesn't always stop them, maybe this is one of those times.

Maybe this time circumstance has conspired to mean that only real needs will be attended to. After all, how do you improve on Lionel Messi/Neymar/Luis Suárez or Gareth Bale/Cristiano Ronaldo/Karim Benzema? Where do you find players better than Luka Modric or Andrés Iniesta?

RedDevil@84

If Pogba signs for the price the media is quoting, we could have signed Fellani, Hererra, Schiniderlin, Schwienstiger, Memphis and Blind for the same price. To be fair, I'd swap them all for one Paul Pogba.

People complaining about the price should look at what it gets you when you break it down. Liverpool are being quoted £20m for Winaljdum.

And to be honest, if it keeps another player out of Madrid or Barcelonea's hands then I'd gladly pay £200m for him.
If we compare to the crappy deals (like 40M for Luiz and 50M for Sterling), then of course it is going to look very cheap :)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Marotta said this about Pjanic to Juve six days ago:

Where is Pjanic now? OH right ;) Marotta talks absolute BS constantly.
tbf he also said that he wont sell us a virus. Which would be correct since they are going to sell us Pogba instead

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Verrati must be a consideration (not saying PSG will sell) but with Bastian and Carrick coming to the end of their careers it will be a gap we need to fill. Plus we would have Zlatan potentially here for his second and most probably last season and if you are going to entice Verrati then better doing it when Zlatan is here due to his supposed close relationship with him. (All hearsay of course) imagine Verrati and Pogba in our midfield (that's the thing about having big named players it attracts other players to the club) so wish we had kept Di Maria also.
Yeah I'd definitely be chucking a few flirtatious looks his way over the course of this season. We should only need a couple of players next season (I've said this for the last 3 though) to be right up there again so if the possibility was there I think we could do it.

Womp

idiot
No chance in hell we can lure Veratti. PSG will laugh at any offer we present them. Think if he does leave it'll be to Barca in a few years of his own will.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Unless Veratti is desperate to leave or their owners lose interest they will tell us to eff off like they did with Real. They do not need the money.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think today is the day lads when we will get an announcement. Happy Pog Day.

CG1010

I think today is the day lads when we will get an announcement. Happy Pog Day.
Can see this taking 2-3 days more like Castles said. But we have already bagged him so I can be patient.

red thru&thru

Griezmanns brother was probably just reacting like any other fan to the reports.. he won't know anything!
His brother spent all the Euro's eith him. By all accounts, they are good friends. Like fans, players are just as interested in the rumours. Difference? Griezmann can ring/text his pal and what the dealio is! So, his brother has better chance of knowing what's happening, more than any ITK on Twitter or any other social media!

EyeInTheSky

I take it @Acquire Me is one photo away from Caf immortality and a tagline befitting of the glory...

That photo will be Paul Pogba holding the shirt on the homecoming.
yeah @Rado_N give the people what they want.
I am half thinking that Pogba will be holding a shirt with "Acquire me" on it.

Actually now that I look back at the picture of Jose's fuzzy tactics board... OMG it was @Acquire Me's name all along!
Hey Sunshine, can you do one with him searching the city for all 4 signings? Not sure if there is suitable footage but it would be epic!